Drugstore Makeup Brushes Recommendations

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I finished school yesterday moved all my stuff home and realized I lost my makeup brushes. I need to get some new ones ASAP so I was wondering what are best drugstore brand to get other than Elf since I live in Canada and can't get them here. I heard eco tools is good but I am also wondering if there are any other good brands from the drugstore. 

Eventually I want to splurge on some high end ones but since there is no Mac or Sephora near me it sucks.

Eco tools were going to be the ones I'd recommend :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if you can get them outside of the UK, but Models Own are really good too and very affordable - but Eco Tools are probably the way to go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have some from Avon ( the Mark. brand) that I absolutely love. They are about 8 bucks a brush and are great quality. Soft but stiff and barely any shedding (actually none and I have used them for a year already). 

I love my "Target" brand brushes. I think their generic brand is "up and up".

What about Quo or Joe Fresh? I hear Quo can be a little expensive but they go on sale 40% off pretty regularly.

Thanks guys! I was going to get some eco tools ones but they had none at my walmart so I ended up getting this cheap set until I can get to the states and get some elf ones and eco tools ones.

In Canada you should have a Walmart. Check out Studio Tools which is sold there along with EcoTools. I have brushes from both lines and like the brushes.

Depending on where In Canada you are, you can find ELF shadow and blush brushes (the $1 ones) at Dollarama.  ELF packaged products can be found at Winners.  Ecotools are better than Quo.  

Originally Posted by BeautyWithin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I finished school yesterday moved all my stuff home and realized I lost my makeup brushes. I need to get some new ones ASAP so I was wondering what are best drugstore brand to get other than Elf since I live in Canada and can't get them here. I heard eco tools is good but I am also wondering if there are any other good brands from the drugstore. 

Eventually I want to splurge on some high end ones but since there is no Mac or Sephora near me it sucks.

I really don't like Eco Tools brushes. To me, they felt really cheap, poorly made, and the density of the bristles bothers me. It's like they're too dense and not in a light airy fluffy way. It's hard to explain exactly what I mean though!

Try Studio Tools if you can. It's relatively inexpensive. I'm not fond of ELF brushes because they fall apart at the handle so easily.

If you have an Ulta near you, you could try them.  They have two lines of Ulta brushes, regular and "professional."  The "professional" is about twice the price of the regular, but the regular is pretty affordable.  I was in Ulta today and they were having a buy-one-get-one-free on the regular brushes (as well as their other own brand stuff.)

Latest posts

Back