Drugstore Mascara!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering what you ladies thought was the best drugstore mascara? I'm a fiend for dramatic lashes!! I want them to look long, full and hold a curl! Unfortunatly, here in Midland, Tx, there is really no high end makeup counters (sans Clinique, but I don't much care for them), so I usually have to stick w/ drug store mascara's (so sad b/c I LOVE my YSL mascara!!).

Anyways, so what do ya'll think?

Thanks lovely ladies!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've heard great things about L'Oreal Volumnous (sp) for full dramatic lashes. I like Maybelline Full and soft because it doesn't have a lot of gunk on the brush when you pull it out. But it has a natural but better look

Originally Posted by erica_1020 I've heard great things about L'Oreal Volumnous (sp) for full dramatic lashes. I like Maybelline Full and soft because it doesn't have a lot of gunk on the brush when you pull it out. But it has a natural but better look I agree you should go for a Loreal MAscara for dramatic lashes! ..try Panoramic Curl..
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i agree with l'oreal's volumous, but it DOES flake by the end of the night - and bad.

i love maybelline's full 'n soft, the waterproof. i don't like the original much.

when i'm looking for dramatic lashes, i usually mix both the ones i just mentioned, but i hate how volumous flakes!!! oh, well. i'm still on my search...

panoramic curl did nothing for me!

i also like maybelline's sky high curves for length.

I love L'Oreal Voluminous...but it will flake slightly at the end of the day on me. Other than that, wonderful ds mascara.

I have very little lashes and the two that I tend to like are:

Cover Girl Thick Lash and Max Factor 2000 calorie.

I have tried most mascara from Maybelline and find them wanting
icon_rolleyes.gif
they tend to be for ones that already have lash and simply need a humf. I haven't tried L' Oreal yet but then again I'm a chicken. Maybe one day I will break down and try a high end product one day.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by erica_1020 I've heard great things about L'Oreal Volumnous (sp) for full dramatic lashes. I like Maybelline Full and soft because it doesn't have a lot of gunk on the brush when you pull it out. But it has a natural but better look Loreal voluminous is the best drung store mascara,awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I adore Cover Girl Super Thick Lash!
smile.gif
It's my HG mascara - I don't even think about buying high-end ones.

I also like L'oreal Full Definition Voluminous.

I think i had one before but it was called Cover Girl Fantastic Lash.. Maybe it was called thick lash though. Anyway, i loved it & would recommend it to people. I also LOVE Maybelline full N Soft but its not a dramatic mascara

I used Maxfactor 2000 Calorie mascara a lot and liked it. it gives lots of volume, doesn´t smear or flake, NO clumps, but it doesn´t give THAT much length (which is ok b/c my lashes are kinda long naturally)

I´m about to get L`Oreal Voluminous though (b/c of seeing it on Violet!!) Ash, take a look at some of her FOTDs...she has used it a lot lately and I like it much better on her than the high end mascara she used before (dunno which one it was though)

I like Maybelline's Lash Expansion -- it lengthens well, and will hold a curl if you use an eyelash curler first. I always buy the waterproof and it lasts all day, with minimal clumping. (It tends to clump more after a month or two so sometimes I'll buy a new one before the 3 month expiration date!) It doesn't make your lashes super-thick but I don't usually like thickening mascaras anyway. Sometime I want to try Maybelline's Sky High Curves (also a lengthening mascara) to see how it compares ....

If you don't want as much length, I also like Maybelline's Full n Soft, it's nice and natural, and it starts out not clumpy at all but also gets a little bit clumpy after a month or two, but still not that bad. I also buy the waterproof which lasts all day.

Surprisingly, I hate Maybelline's Great Lash (the pink and green tube) -- it took too long to dry and my eyes are so deep-set, that as soon as I blinked I had mascara all over my face!
icon_evil.gif

Also, if you're looking for a lengthening mascara, I would avoid L'Oreal's Lash Out -- it did do a good job of lengthening my lashes but it actually straightened my lashes even if I used an eyelash curler first!
confused.gif

Revlon Lash Fantasy with the primer. Makes my lashes look amazing (almost spidery if not careful).

I think the best drugstore mascara for dramatic lashes has got to be Rimmel Xtreme Volume comb mascara. It doesn't have a brush but a comb and its hard to use at first, but one you get the hang of it-WOW. I love this mascara but a lot of people don't like it because its hard to apply. I also love mabelline full and soft mascara. Right now I have fantastic lash by cover girl and its okay but as soon as that runs out I'm buying somethin else!

I also recommend L'Oreal Voluminous and Max Factor 2000 Calorie (the L'Oreal I've found work slightly better for me but the MF is great as well) for really dramatic lashes!

im really likeing covergirl lash exact.. you may need to put on a few coats to get a desired thickness tho but the separation power is really great..

rimmel has some nice ones as well for a real cheap price im not a huge fan of anything by l'oreal

Originally Posted by CWHF Revlon Lash Fantasy with the primer. Makes my lashes look amazing (almost spidery if not careful). I second this! I love the primer end of it! As long as you wiggle the primer brush thus separating your lashes , then let it dry before applying the black mascara, you'll be fine , and the result is so amazing. I used to use this exclusevly until I found a better high-end mascara recently but I still use the primer end! Combined with the new high-end mascara Im using the result is so amazing people always think Im wearing false lashes!
I couldnt tell ya how the primer compares to MAC Prep+Prime... Ive always wanted to know... does anyone know? Ill be trying it out soon anyways my Revlon is pretty old (was in the back of my drawer for months I believe)

Anyways I say... try this!!

Thanks for reading
wink.gif
heart.gif

I absolutely love Estee Lauder's line of mascara. Any of them will do you well. Full of body, yet still so feathery... that's why I like it!

OK WELL I AM A HUUUUGE MASCARA FANATIC!!!

I LOVE MAX FACTOR LASH PERFECTION..THE BRUSH IS LIKE RUBBER AND IT MAKES UR LASHES FULL AND BEAUTIFUL..ROOT TO TIP, NO CLUMPS..NO MATTER HOW MANY COATS!!!!

MY LASHES ARE VERY FRAGILE (YET LONG) SO I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHAT KIND I USE..IF IT IS A TOO HEAVY FORMULA..BYE BYE LASHES!!!
scared.gif
THIS MASCARA IS PERFECT!!!!!!!

I ALSO LIKE MAYBELLINE SKY HIGH CURVES,MAX FACTOR 2000 CALORIE,LOREAL STRETCH AND SEPERATE.

but this stuff is to die for. IT GIVES CURL,LENGTH,VOLUME,AND...*DRUM ROLL* NOOOO CLUMPS OR FLAKING!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back