drugstore vs. high end makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you ever prefer drugstore brands to higher end makeup? Where do you think you have to go for the more expensive stuff?

For me, I really like drugstore mascaras. Also for fun shadows that I won't use often, drugstore brands work well for me. I also like cheapie blushes and glosses.

For foundations, I have to go for higher end stuff that I can sample. Also for good shadows, I like higher end stuff because its more pigmented.

It depends... I also like foundations that I can try out. I hate buying something that looks like it will match, only to find out that it's totally off. Most of the stuff I buy is from Ulta... and they sell both drug store and high end brands. So it's either or. Usually if something is cheap and I like it, I'll get it... and if it's a lot - then I'll get it if I REALLY want it ... usually I try to find something similar in a cheaper brand first though. You'll see me holding a $20 lipstick walking around comparing to Covergirl and Revlon LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Do you ever prefer drugstore brands to higher end makeup? Where do you think you have to go for the more expensive stuff?For me, I really like drugstore mascaras. Also for fun shadows that I won't use often, drugstore brands work well for me. I also like cheapie blushes and glosses.

For foundations, I have to go for higher end stuff that I can sample. Also for good shadows, I like higher end stuff because its more pigmented.

I prefer high-end foundations & l/s, but prefer drugstore mascaras. I actually have a fairly good mix, but will admit that I'm addicted to Armani b/c of the quality. However, if I can find a cheaper alternative, I certainly won't object.
biggrin.gif

To be honest, most of the products i use are high-end but that's not to say i don't like drugstore products. I love my high end YSL mascara & even though i like the new Rimmel one i bought, i still don't think it compares to my YSL.. Most of my eyeshadows are MAC so that's middle end i suppose! coz their prices aren't too expensive (although they are €15euro over here so that is quite expensive!)

Back