Dry frizzy hair that doesn't go away with anything really

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have used quite a few serums for my frizzy hair (FrizzEase), straighteners, and shampoos meant to de-frizz. Nothing works. I get haircuts to take care of split ends which makes my hair look not so bad. My hair is naturally curly, well use to be, now it's more of a wave (why it's dulled down I don't know). I need some ideas of what I could use to get rid of the frizz, or does NOTHING get rid of it totally and are just temporary?

Frizzy hair is hard to make just "go away" - mainly because it means that the hair is pourous and dry. The only way to heal that is with deep conditioners, hot oil packs and regular trimmings. You can also take vitamins to help improve hair condition. Most serums and sprays are just temporary fixes...
icon_sad.gif

Awww. Yeah, that's what I figured they were, quick fixes. Hmmm, I will have to try some deep conditioning treatments for sure and some hot oil.

Yeah.. they pretty much just coat the hair, they aren't really getting to the "root" of the problem. (Ha ha - little joke there LOL)

Originally Posted by Pinktronic Awww. Yeah, that's what I figured they were, quick fixes. Hmmm, I will have to try some deep conditioning treatments for sure and some hot oil. You should try V05's Hot Oil treatment Pinktronic. I use that maybe once a month & love it. I also use Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner every 3 days. If i didn't do this, i know my head would be a fuzz ball coz i love using my GHD ceramic straightener & they're very bad for your hair

Well, at least you use a ceramic straightener... less damaging that metal! Or an iron... which really doesn't seem to be helping this guy! LOL

TYFIK%20AFRO.jpg

Haha, yeah, I use a straightner or a curling iron constantly to straighten my hair. It probably is part of the cause of my frizz. lol

the only thing that worked for me is to deep condition & lay off the heat. i try not to use my hair dryer or flat iron too much b/c it just fries the life out of it.

one thing i found for a temporary fix is Terax's Original Lotion Stirante. spray in hair & then blow dry for a straight, sleek look. here's a link:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...ndFilter=17085

I have frizzy, naturally curly hair that I often straighten (so somewhat damageds well). Matrix sleek look shampoo and conditioner have worked wonder for me! I use this combo followed by got 2 be glossy and aveda hang straight, and then spray with redken hair starch before straightening. This generally gives me smooth, frizz free hair, but I credit ahd Matrix above the other products. Alterna enzymatherapy products also work really well in my hair so give those a try!

HOLY FREAKING COW. $300? I can't afford that at all, lol, never. So, I will probably just go buy a hot oil treatment from wal-mart or something. Maybe a deep conditioner from Sally Beauty, I know they carry stuff salons sometimes carry.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Matrix sleek look shampoo and conditioner have worked wonder for me! I also use this... (but lately in the "Generic" brand @ Sally Stores... LOL) It wors great! I also have the "Lockdown " spray - love it!

Latest posts

Back