Dry Shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only one I've tried, Pssssst Dry Shampoo, didn't work for me. I have oily hair and it did very little oil removal on mine. Also because I have medium brown hair it left a grayish white halo where I had sprayed it, even after brushing and styling. I think maybe someone with lighter normal to dry hair might benefit from it more than me though. What type and color hair do you have?

I am sure some of the other girls have tried other types and can maybe give you a suggestion.

I'm still searching for the perfect dry shampoo.  I have dark brown hair that easily builds up oil, and most of the dry shampoos I've tried have either not been effective at dealing with the oil or left the white/gray residue behind.  

The two I've had the most luck with are the Batiste 'Hint of Color' Dry Shampoo for brown hair, and the Ion Dry Shampoo (from Sally Beauty). 

I have dark brown/black hair. My hair doesn't get super oily the next day after a washing, but I want to find something that makes it feel a little cleaner and give it back some life. 

Klorane Dry Shampoo was my favorite of all the ones I tried. It’s definitely pricey and hard to find in stores, but it’s worth it for the scent, the fact that it’s natural, and how well it works. It makes hair look clean and fresh, but doesn’t build up or make hair look dull the way other dry shampoos can. Klorane is also great because it’s natural and contains fewer toxic ingredients than other products on the market. It’s also perfect for darker hair, as it doesn’t leave any white residue.

I have been using one by suave the gold one with  Keratin and it works well not too much residue.  Cheap too!!

I also use the Suave with the gold/yellow cap. I have medium/light brown hair. It has a light citrus smell and doesn't leave any build up or residue. It also doesn't leave a sticky/tacky texture. I have tried Batiste in Blush and it worked well, but was pricey for me, and Tresemme was the worst. So I definitely don't recommend that. Suave worked best and was only $2.99, works for me!

Originally Posted by Bernadette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also use the Suave with the gold/yellow cap. I have medium/light brown hair. It has a light citrus smell and doesn't leave any build up or residue. It also doesn't leave a sticky/tacky texture. I have tried Batiste in Blush and it worked well, but was pricey for me, and Tresemme was the worst. So I definitely don't recommend that. Suave worked best and was only $2.99, works for me!
Hmm I'll have to check this out!

Cornstarch works if you're in a pinch and don't have anything on hand. It won't leave any white residue in your hair, don't worry - I have jet black hair and it wasn't noticeable after I'd used it. I had skipped washing my hair an extra day (I usually do it every other day) because it'd seemed fine, but when I got up in the morning it was slightly greasy, so I used about a teaspoon of cornstarch just at my roots. Solved the problem pretty well.

Oscar Blandi in the brown can. No white residue, at all. Hated Suave, which leaves a white film and lasts maybe 3 shampoos.

My favourite is definitely the regular Batiste. I have very dark brown, almost black hair and it doesn't leave my hair ashy/greyish at all - it is very easy to comb out! Leaves my hair very fluffy and lightweight ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Klorane's Dry Shampoo. It works so well and smells great. I get it at Ulta (I don't think Sephora carries it).

Maybe I should give the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo another try. I tried it once and it was so bad, but it could have been a bad can. After I used it, I ran my fingers through my hair and they ended up covered in brown from the spray. You could even see brown at the roots of my hair like it was colored in.

I've also used the Suave one and for the money, it's pretty solid. I've seen videos on proper dry shampoo application that have helped me in avoiding the weird white/gray film.

I just recently bought Batiste in Cool and Crisp Fresh, and it works really well!  It also smells awesome.  I have reddish brown hair, and it doesn't leave any residue.  My hair also gets really oily, and it felt clean after I used this one.  The only other one I have ever tried is Tresseme which sucked...

I have a John Frieda one and the Suave gold bottle dry shampoo, and I find myself reaching for the Suave more often! 

I did use the BedHead one when I had extensions and it was fine, just pricey, but for your value - try the Suave, its a solid good choice.

I just purchased dry shampoo from Suave Professionals...the keratin infusion one. It works well but the smell is absolutely horrid and it's hard to breathe. Probably due to all the chemicals 
bigeyes2.gif

I used to buy the Suave one but more often than not I ended up with bottles with slow leaks in the nozzle, so it only lasted a few applications. Has anyone else had this problem?

I just bought the Batiste one, which works ok. Honestly I haven't been super impressed with any dry shampoo, I have more luck with powders. I have brown hair so often I'll just use my matte bronzer.

Latest posts

Back