Dry shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried it? I am really interested in it since my hair colors seem to be fading really fast. I have chin length fine hair. Would you suggest it for my hair type? What one is the best?

I'm guessing its like powder or something.. right? I think I may remember reading about something like this in Allure Magazine..

My mum said dry shampoo was around in the 70s and it was horrible. But I'm sure 'they' have made vast improvements on it since then!

Yup it's a powder, but I'm pretty sure people only use it between washes when they don't want to, or can't, wash their hair, or when they're caught in a pinch and need to rush out the door without greasy hair but don't have time to wash and dry.

Dry shampoo just absorbs the oil in your hair, so people apply it at the roots - you can do the same with baby powder if you have light hair. But it's really only a very temporary solution and I don't think it's what you're looking for because you still have to wash it out.

Hope that helps a bit!

Originally Posted by Jobunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif My mum said dry shampoo was around in the 70s and it was horrible. But I'm sure 'they' have made vast improvements on it since then!
Yup it's a powder, but I'm pretty sure people only use it between washes when they don't want to, or can't, wash their hair, or when they're caught in a pinch and need to rush out the door without greasy hair but don't have time to wash and dry.

Dry shampoo just absorbs the oil in your hair, so people apply it at the roots - you can do the same with baby powder if you have light hair. But it's really only a very temporary solution and I don't think it's what you're looking for because you still have to wash it out.

Hope that helps a bit!

Yeah, I've imagined it doing something along those lines. To hide my greasy roots, I just brush on a little translucent powder. It does the trick!

i have some. its not a sub for shampoo despite the name. but it works great when your hair is a little greasy to take the shinniness away. it looks white when you put it, but the color goes away when you rub it in (which has been my problem as i always had dark hair so this is awsome since it never looks like i have dandruff or something).

this is what i use,

Sephora: Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo To Go: Hair

you can get the full size one as well. but i got this size caue i dont use it often and i was wanting to see if i liked it (which i did and works pretty well as a volumizer, plus it smells nice).

I swear by Psssst. from the drugstore. I have long hair and can't wash it more than twice a week. I spray the dry shampoo in and fluff it around. It absorbs all the oil and makes my hair look fresh. I have tried the Bumble and Bumble...it works but it's far too pricey ($34) The drugtore one is $5 and does the same thing. I would die without it....

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I swear by Psssst. from the drugstore. I have long hair and can't wash it more than twice a week. I spray the dry shampoo in and fluff it around. It absorbs all the oil and makes my hair look fresh. I have tried the Bumble and Bumble...it works but it's far too pricey ($34) The drugtore one is $5 and does the same thing. I would die without it.... I would love to try this but I can't seem to find it. What drugstores carry this product?

I went to Longs Drugs and it was in the Shampoo aisle. It looks like a can of hairspray.

300.jpg

i know my mom used dry shampoo when she was in the hospital, it made her hair smell nice, but it still was rediculously oily since she could nto use water

I used that oscar blandi stuff one time. it was ok to touch up with throughout the day, i wouldn't use it to substitute it for washing my hair. But my hair does tend to get kind of oily...so maybe you'll have better luck if you have normal to dry hair.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif i know my mom used dry shampoo when she was in the hospital, it made her hair smell nice, but it still was rediculously oily since she could nto use water I was in the hospital for 8 days a few years ago, and had the same results your mom did. My hair still stunk, and was as greasy as it was before I used it.

I know this post is like from another century, but I don't want to make a new thread. Anyway, I have thin, fragile and very soft Nordic hair, and it get's flat very easily and it's hard to work with. It gets oily easily as well. Would any of you recommend dry shampoo? What kind? 

Dry shampoo? What was it for? For drying hair? I guess it's not possible...

[spam link deleted]

I use Tresemme dry shampoo and it's wonderful. I wake up, spray and style, it's super easy and cheap! I think Target sells it for about $5.

I LOVE dry shampoo. Even when my hair is clean; it's so awesome for instant volume. Tresemme and Suave make great dry shampoo. I also love Beyond The Zone's version that I picked up at Sally's.

Latest posts

Back