Dry skin or rosacea?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I am hoping you all can advise here because I can't get anyone to take this seriously and that includes my esthitician and my dermatologist. Here's my problem: my chin is mercilessly red and NOTHING I do makes it go away. It used to be cyclical, occurring only the week before my period. Now it's all the time. There is definite dry skin, when I apply too much coverup you can definitely see the flaking. Which makes me think dry skin... On the other hand it definitely gets redder when I drink alcohol and that plus the cyclical nature of it makes me think rosacea. Here is what I have tried: Prosacea MUAC rosacea complex Tea tree oil soap Eucarin redness relief Decleor night balm Numerous all natural balms Vaseline The only thing that even slightly helps is the Vaseline and I HATE using a petroleum product. Help! Amy

One product that works for me on everything is smith's rosebud salve. It's affordable at 6 dollars and has worked on all chapped, chaffing, dry, etc skin issues I have, though I don't have problem skin. 

Maybe the Rosacea Care line? I noticed it when I was browsing Dermstore.com and happened to see it.

I don't have full blown rosacea, but my cheeks do tend to get red and it runs in my family, so I feel like it's coming for me ;p

Thank you, I will check both of those out. I see my derm Friday for bi-annual mole mapping and I am going to demand she take a damn look at my chin!

Rosacea (which I have on my cheeks) is possible on the nose and the chin as well as the cheeks. Unfortunately there are no treatments to get rid of it. If alcohol is triggering particularly bad episodes of it then you need to stop drinking. I have a few products that I use that don't aggravate my rosacea and that includes the Bare Minerals skin care line since there are no parabens. I find some products with parabens will trigger my rosacea while other products with parabens don't. I'm so sensitive that some will cause me to break out into a rash.

I have tried every over the counter product, not one helped. I now use MetroGel, prescribed by my doctor. You can use that or Minocycline or both. Within a week there was a visible difference. I am now only using the MetroGel, one tube lasts a while. I use a pearl sized amount on each side of my face. Can't even tell I have it anymore unless I have a really bad flare which is usually caused by talking a shower with too hot of water, "special time" with hubby., or when I get really upset or mad.

I would suggest using  Eminence Organics Calm skin collection, for sensitive and rosacea prone skin. They have lots of great products check them out

I have tried every over the counter product, not one helped. I now use MetroGel, prescribed by my doctor. You can use that or Minocycline or both. Within a week there was a visible difference. I am now only using the MetroGel, one tube lasts a while. I use a pearl sized amount on each side of my face. Can't even tell I have it anymore unless I have a really bad flare which is usually caused by talking a shower with too hot of water, "special time" with hubby., or when I get really upset or mad.
I'm going to hit up my derm for a script for that tomorrow. Thank you! I wonder if mine flares up after "special time", haha. It flares up something wicked during pms time. Give up alcohol??? Never!:cool:

Hi,

I have all kinds of redness and dry skin so I can relate and know exactly what your talking about. Ok ,here is what you can do that i guarantee will help. First take an old tooth brush that's clean and take about one spoon of sugar and honey and maybe a drop or two of olive oil and combine then rub the toothbrush in it and get the mixture on it  and go over your entire face especially the chin area really good in a circular motion then clean your face off with some warm water and pat it dry. After you get done take come Nivea extreme Moisture lotion ,just a dab or two and put some all over your face. It will leave our face non-greasy but hydrated then every morning before you put your makeup on take a dab or two of lotion and put it on and then apply your makeup and it will work. Also buy a foundation that has oil in it like Maybelline Fit. Alot of people dont like it but I do because it hydrates my face and keeps the flaking away. Don't use powder so called mineral foundations because they are gonna dry your face out alot more or any kind of powder because it will make it 100 times worse and you will begin to look cakey again.Repeat doing your face with the toothbrush and mixture twice a week and use the lotion again. Don't use Vaseline Intensive Care because you are gonna be super oily and it can actually make it worse. It is kind of like if you use to much oil it can make it worse and if it is too dry then it can be worse so I have found that the Nivea lotion is a perfect balance,not too oily,not too dry and it is just right. It will work,just work with it and you will be ok. I really hope this helps and also for redness use a green concealer because green cancels out red. I personally like Ben-Nye concealers and Grafotbian's concealer. Julie

Latest posts

Back