Dumb question but.. here goes.. :D

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

Reaction score
What do you wear with dress shoes & slacks/pants? I've just been wearing knee highs, any socks I have seem too thick to wear with the shoes.

See, I told ya it was a dumb question! LOL Just curious if anybody else had other suggestions. My knee highs seem old ladyish, but they do the job, so.... I dunno.
icon_wink.gif
Please tell me someone else here wears knee highs, too!
icon_lol.gif

Reaction score
I wear boots under my dress pants a lot... so I just wear hanes-like crew socks and slouch em' just above the top of the boot (or else the tops of the boots rub against my leg and drive me nuts!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Reaction score
Your not the only one, I wear knee highs whenever I have to wear dress slacks with dressy shoes. I hate panty hose and usually kill em just trying to put em on, I'm not much for wearing dresses or even getting dressed up, thank heavens hubby and I have a lifestyle where we can get away with casual clothing, more than likely you will find me in a pair of jeans with boots.

Reaction score
I wear knee high because I hate pantyhouse. Knee highs work for me. I don't like to wear them though but they seem to work.
icon_smile.gif

Reaction score
knee highs here. i found some trouser socks that i wear w/boots; they're thick like opaque hose, but less prone to snagging.

Reaction score
I wear knee-highs, I figure who will know? (Unless I'm wearing boots and slacks, then I wear regular socks of course.) Plus, some dress shoes just don't look right with socks! (Like, if they're the kind of shoe you could also wear with a dress. Loafers work better with socks, I think.)

Heck, I even wore knee-highs under my wedding dress -- since we didn't have a garter toss, only my bridesmaids (who helped me get dressed) knew!
biggrin.gif

Reaction score
I wear knee-high trouser socks. Some brands I've found at Nordstrom are thin enough to where the dress shoes fit fine. They also have some good skin-toned trouser socks. I have charcoal & black trouser socks as well that I use. It depends on the color of the shoes & the pants.

Reaction score
I just wear ankle socks coz the material in my boots don't annoy me!!

Reaction score
I love my black knee high boots, they go with everything.If ime wearing a skirt or dress and the weather is nice,i will put on a small pair of thin socks and go bare legged, same if i wear them under trousers but if its pretty chilly or i put on tights i still put a pair of thin socks on! Good insoles can really make your feet feel nice and comfortable.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pauline Good insoles can really make your feet feel nice and comfortable. I 2nd this! And for any girls that haven't come across Dr.Scholl Massaging Gel Ball of Foot Cushions yet, they are the best invention ever for sandal wearers! They are a clear gel cushion so you can put them on your open toes sandals and they won't be seen!

Reaction score
I usually wear boots with dress slacks, so I wear thin trouser socks. I will not wear pantyhose at all (a la Sharon Stone)! and knee highs rarely if ever. I just dont like the look (kinda old), I rather my bare skin.

Latest posts