E/S base/primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I am very very tired of my e/s and liner running away after 3 hrs... Or creasing to all getout!

What is a great base/primer for the eye area? I am already writing fluidlines on my list as a liner, so I am just in need of a base...

I know people use UD's PP, but I have heard sketchy reports on it...

i have an eye liner sealer, but i have never used it. i have used elizabeth arden: eye fix and it is great.

<TABLE class="standardTableBorderColor fullwidth" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 summary="Product Results"><TBODY><TR class=blankbg><TD class=alignCenter style="WIDTH: 6%">

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=alignLeft style="WIDTH: 50%">Take One Brushes Eyeliner Sealer

Use instead of water and your liners will go on great look great & most importantly - stay on great.

CosmeticMall

www.pamperperfect.com

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Ok, I am very very tired of my e/s and liner running away after 3 hrs... Or creasing to all getout!
What is a great base/primer for the eye area? I am already writing fluidlines on my list as a liner, so I am just in need of a base...

My UD runner-up is Clinique Touch Base in Petal Shimmer. I don't recommend Benefit F.Y. Eye, L'Oreal De-Crease, or Ultima II Fade Not Crease Not. These three are basically the same formulation and it DOES NOT WORK.

urban decay primer potion. you just have to work with it and see what works for you. when i first used it, my shadows creased. but that was because i put too much on.

mac paint or shadesticks: beige-ing, stilife, and bare canvas are good neutral colors to wear under any shadow.

if you want more of a pop to your colored shadwos, use a paint or shadestick in that same color family. like if you're using greens, you would uselucky jade shadestick or chartru paint.

mac fluidliners: frostlite is a good one to use as a base and the colored fluidliners have the same deal with the colored paints.

with all of these, you just have to make sure you don't use so much. since they're creamy, they can crease.

I have medium olive-y skin, so will the paints work best on me? I don't want anything that will affect my ability to POP with the colors...

Also, I usually will use my shadows with a wet brush, would that still work with the MAC paint?

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I have medium olive-y skin, so will the paints work best on me? I don't want anything that will affect my ability to POP with the colors...
Also, I usually will use my shadows with a wet brush, would that still work with the MAC paint?

hmm. well i'm like nc35-40 in mac foundations. i like using beige-ing most of the time. but shimmersand shadestick is a tad darker than beige-ing if you want something that matches more to your skintone more. bamboom paint is also darker than stilife (which is kind of a light pink/cream color) and more skintone-y. barecanvas is a light cream/beige color.
do you use mac shadows? people have said that when they use a wet brush with their mac shadows, there's like a film or something that happens.

i don't think you should use a wet brush with the paints since the paints are already creamy.

have you used pigments before? those have more pigmentation than the regular eye shadows. those alone have a lot of color. with a wet brush... whoa! hehei know there are a lot of pigment sales on ebay. just be careful so they won't gouge you with shipping prices or charging so much for the actual sample.

I'm diggin' - PAULA DORF.....this stuff stays forever ! Fresh as a daisy !!!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Ok, I am very very tired of my e/s and liner running away after 3 hrs... Or creasing to all getout!

Check out this recent thread
wink.gif

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=9085

I said that I just use foundation and loose face powder ... I have very deep-set eyes and oily lids, and it works great for me!

I like the paints from MAC (Bare Canvas and Stilife) and also Benefit Lemon Aid, although it's not a real base or primer!

Originally Posted by spazbaby My UD runner-up is Clinique Touch Base in Petal Shimmer. I don't recommend Benefit F.Y. Eye, L'Oreal De-Crease, or Ultima II Fade Not Crease Not. These three are basically the same formulation and it DOES NOT WORK. I agree I love the Clinique Touch bases..they are really good!

Try Wet N Wild cream eyeshadow in champagne toast. I'm not usually a low end product lover, but this can't be beat for $2. And I've tried MAC paints, UD Primer Potion, and Clinique touch base.

What I like to do with my clients for ultimate staying power is fill the lid with a colored eyeliner, and then top it off with the same colored eyeshadow. This technique works especially well when using MAC pigments.
icon_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back