e/s streaks.. can you help me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI Everyone..

I got a question. I noticed this morning, that when i applied MAC Brill (Satin) to my eye lid up past the crease, then used MAC Tempting (lustre) in the crease that there was some streakin goin on! Its almost like the 2 dont mix well together. its a kick cuz brill and tempting are in the same palette.. weird. has anyone else noticed this? Maybe i am doing something wrong?

Any advice would be Greatly Appreciated.

Never happened to me. but what exactly do you mean by streaking? Is it different than creasing?

Yes, its not creasing, but its.. how do i explain this? not blending, just streaking, i patted, gently brushed, everything, and I get darker areas then others, like it lifts off or something, very weird.

I think I know what you mean.. I have that problem with both Satin and Matte finishes. I usually minimize the streaking by wearing a cream shadow in the color of the Satin or the Matte shadow (or as close to the color as I can get) and then I pat the shadow on top of that. That is the only way that I am able to wear these two finishes. I thought it happened because I'm weird or something so I never mentioned it on the board.
icon_eek.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But nonetheless, the cream (or shadestick) underneath the shadow really helped to solve the problem for me. HTH
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe HI Everyone..I got a question. I noticed this morning, that when i applied MAC Brill (Satin) to my eye lid up past the crease, then used MAC Tempting (lustre) in the crease that there was some streakin goin on! Its almost like the 2 dont mix well together. its a kick cuz brill and tempting are in the same palette.. weird. has anyone else noticed this? Maybe i am doing something wrong?

Any advice would be Greatly Appreciated.

Giggle.. You are so NOT weird! It really did happen! Its like i try to swipe on the color and its almost as if the color stays in some places and slips right off in others! I thought it was me.
icon_redface.gif
.. guess not! It does help! thanks!

LOL!!!! Glad I could help!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe Giggle.. You are so NOT weird! It really did happen! Its like i try to swipe on the color and its almost as if the color stays in some places and slips right off in others! I thought it was me.
icon_redface.gif
.. guess not! It does help! thanks!

I've had that problem with other shadows (I don't use MAC so I don't know about those!) One thing that really helps is a base. I use L'oreal De-crease which is a cream/concealer type of base. Also make sure that your eyelids are dry and not oily!

Definitely agree with Tracey about using a good base. I see this sometimes, and I have to pack on more color in some areas more than others.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I like to use MK's eye primer. It makes makeup go on evenly, not crease, and last all day. I do (of course) carry samples if you want one. just pm me or email me.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back