Ear infection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys, ontop of having back problems.i hav a ear infection and strep,fun huh.does anyone have any home remedies for ear infections?Everytime i swallow it hurts like hell and my ear hurts.Ladies any suggestions ?Thanks you!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I had an ear infection I had to go to any ENT dr and he gave me abx ear drops and abx pill. Mine was really bad I could even hear well turns out my entire ear canal was swollen shut but I am better after about 3 day of antibiotic ear drops. Go to the dr bad infection can led to deafness
icon_eek.gif

ack! that sucks! i haven't had an ear infection for a long time, so i don't remember what my parents did.

do cough drops help or anything?

Sorry Gwen... sounds like this summer isn't going all that great for you. Here are some tips that I found to treat ear infections.

Feel better!

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr valign="top"><td colspan="2" valign="top"> Ear infections are unusual in adults, and usually occur only after the onset of colds or allergies. These can be painful and require immediate treatment, especially if medical help is some distance away.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td>
step.gif
</td> <td> Steps: </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 2. </td> <td> Flush the ear once a day with alcohol or diluted vinegar. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 3. </td> <td> Warm a small amount of a bland oil such as olive oil and drop this into the ear. This can be done by gently pulling on the earlobe while pouring a few drops at a time into the opening of the ear. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 4. </td> <td> Administer a decongestant to reduce the swelling. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 5. </td> <td> Administer acetaminophen or ibuprofen every three to four hours to relieve the pain. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 6. </td> <td> Apply a hot water bottle to help relieve the pain. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Thanks for the advice girls.i went to the hospital yesterday and i pretty much spent the day there.they had to put me on a iv because i was severely dehydrated,but it turns out that i have really bad strep . i couldn't eat for four days or drink anything and everytime i swallowed my ear felt like it was going to burst.i haven't been in so much pain at one time in my life ,with my back all f***** up and now the pain in my ear and glands, i am pretty much miserable,i am down to 100 lbs and although i wanted to lose weight it certainly was not like this!!!!!!any prayers anyone can say for me,thank you so much,i just feel like i am deteriorating
icon_cry.gif
they gave me steroids yesterday to help bring down the swelling and it worked a bit but today i woke up and my throat is so swollen i cant see my glands.gosh i cant wait to get to a point where nothing hurts!!!!!
icon_sad.gif

Back