Early signs that you would be a makeup addict?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are all addicted to makeup now...but were there any signs of this addiction you exhibited as a child??

-Starting at age 6, I used to take a thin sharpie and draw eyeliner around all the models in catalogs and magazines eyes. My grandma asked me why I did it and I said..."They look better with eyeliner" She used to put the magazines out on the coffee table and guests would open them and be like WTF?? I guess you could say I invented Heroin Chic before there was a Heroin Chic...haha

-My Grandma gave me her mini Avon sample lipsticks. I would wear the BRIGHTEST coral red everyday. I would carry it in my lunch pail and reapply using my tin lunch box as a mirror.

Hi,

Playing around with my mother's red lipstick and Maybelline's Black brow pencil. Learned about melting the brow pencil to color the waterline.

I may have been about 7 or 8 years old.

Well of course I always loved getting into my mom's makeup bag, but my grandparents where the ones who really fueled the fire. My grandma has been a member of one of those monthly subscriptions where you get an awesome makeup kit every month for $20. The brands are really good and each kit comes with tons of stuff. I always loved them and eventually my mammaw started giving them to me. She'd get them and put them back and give them all to me for my birthday and christmas, and she still does! She's been doing that for over 10 years! I actually really love a lot of the stuff I get in those kits.

Another thing was my grandpappaw would always take me to bargain outlets, and buy me TONS of crap, whatever I wanted b/c the stuff was so cheap. Most of the stuff was overstock from drugstores, or stuff where the packaging was damaged, but the product itself was always flawless. There was tons of makeup and bath and body stuff. Everytime we'd go I'd come home with several shopping bags worth of beauty products. I still do that with him to this day. As a matter of face my granpa and me went this past weekend, and here's what we got (except the 2000 cal):

mu1.jpg

HPIM0266.jpg

I don't get as much as I used to, I used to clean the place out. But I did get some cool stuff this time around, Including some Ardell lashes, airbrush minerals e/s, and some Avon bubble bath.

Just incase you were wondering, the pouf/sponge/shower cap all came in a kit that was still wrapped, and the lashes and everything else came in their origional packaging. I just opened everything up to look at/try it, and take the pic.

I used to get into my grandmother's lipstick and color myself all over and of course, on the walls too. LMAO She has a pic of me, covered in lipstick and wearing her heels. hehe

OMG, I use to draw the eyeliner on magazine models too..lol My favorite was the egyptian eyes....he he he
canabis.gif

When I was little, before I started school, my grandma would watch me in the mornings and we would do makeup together, she had a big light-up mirror, and she'd let me put stuff on. Lol, I'd also have cigarettes and coffee- hers were real and mine were the candy kind and she would give me a tiny bit of coffee with mostly water.

At home I would always beg for my mom to let me play with the makeup (she had a seperate stash kept up high in the closet to use on me and my sis), I always wanted a makeover!

I loved giving people makeovers. Anyone who would allow me to, I'd pretty much make up their whole face. I started wearing makeup everyday really young too because I liked mixing eyeshadows and lipsticks to see what nicer colours they could make and I made my own lip palettes when I was pretty young.

well... I used to wear lipstick and try on makeup when I was pretty small, by the time I was 11 I wanted to wear it to school. Shame I was so bad at it, LOL

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif well... I used to wear lipstick and try on makeup when I was pretty small, by the time I was 11 I wanted to wear it to school. Shame I was so bad at it, LOL Lol, don't feel bad I'm sure we all had a bad moments. In 7th grade I used to wear brown liner and some frosty taupe lipstick- YUCK! Sad, but that's what was IN in my area

ahh wow, i LOVED drawing on the models in magazines faces, i even took it to the next level and used felts, so i could add blush and lipstick, (or even give them green eyes). haha and i even smudged/blended w/ my finger!

The first sign that I was going to love makeup was when I would go into the mall and instantly head for the makeup counters. I was about 6 at the time.

It all started in KINDERGARDEN!! When me and my bestest would use those fat smelly markers as lippys. We used the light pink one that smelled like watermelon.

Oh and every year for halloween I would be a clown, so we always had those halloween makeup palletes [red/white/blue/yellow] up in the closet and I would use the blue for eyeshadow.

Then when I got a bit older, [Gr.5/6] I would SNEAK down to the drug store and buy 1 of those single covergirl eyeshadows. [They were about $2.50ish at the time] It was a 7 minute walk and I was soooo scared haha.

Then when my brothers gf moved in, I used her makeup all the time..

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif -My Grandma gave me her mini Avon sample lipsticks. I would wear the BRIGHTEST coral red everyday. I would carry it in my lunch pail and reapply using my tin lunch box as a mirror. Are those the ones that were real tiny and had a clear cap. They looked like little lipsticks, if it is, lol. I remember those. Thanks for the flashback.

in 4th grade i would sneak and rub my finger in my moms eyeshadow and rub it on my lids when i got to the corner of my street.

I started when I was 5 on my birthday I insisted that I should wear pink lipstick and it was love since then !!

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol, don't feel bad I'm sure we all had a bad moments. In 7th grade I used to wear brown liner and some frosty taupe lipstick- YUCK! Sad, but that's what was IN in my area Same! I practically started that ridiculous trend in my grade. I remember people going, "oh that's nice what are you wearing?" ..."brown lip liner and white lipstick". Even my mom got into it after she saw me.Thankfully no pictures where taken of me back then with it on.

- Anyways, when I was little I was heavily into Barbie and would draw makeup on them.

- I would buy those barbie cosmetic purses and take it with me everywhere. It was just glosses and stuff.

well, playing with mom's lipsticks.

and the fact that i always looked at the pretty eyeshadows and dreamed of one day wearing crazy colors on my eyes.

i was also a lipbalm freak since well, probably kindergarten. i used to put some on my dolls so they could have a nicer and softer skin....

Latest posts

Back