easystraight is NOT wonderful

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just couldn't stand looking at the thread for easystraight is wonderful anymore
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Looks like the trolls are lurking

I would like to present a gift in light of the recent troll controversy. I believe it will help us greatly.

Announcing

201banner8.jpg

Luv, Cali

Originally Posted by Californian I would like to present a gift in light of the recent troll controversy. I believe it will help us greatly.Announcing

201banner8.jpg

Luv, Cali

Lmaoooooo, I love it! Cali you are the greatest!
icon_lol.gif

Cali, your graphics are just DA BOMB! Hopefully the trolls will move on out soon..

Pixel, welcome, by the way!

Just to clarify - actually the ones being accused of being trolls are more often those who join, post only once and only about that product's wonders, and say demeaning things about those who had negative experiences. It seems the majority who had negative experiences are not rude or judgemental, but just dislike the product itself. The trolls are those who come in and childishly accuse them of being "illiterate" and not knowing how to use the product. Most who have been seriously accused of being trolls have been proven trolls from several other makeup sites, using the same usernames on those sites.

It's one thing to say, "EasyStraight worked for me, I'm sorry it didn't work for you," and a completely different (and not so nice) thing to say "You obviously didn't use it correctly, and you're wrong." It's all in the tone...and it's too bad that people can't "say something nice, or don't say anything at all."

We truly want this place to be open for everyone to share and discuss, so we just stay on the lookout for people who have nothing better to do than put others down. I completely agree with you in that people should research this product for themselves before they use it, and I do hope some truth comes out of this lawsuit.

Thanks for being here at MuT! We appreciate you!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pixel I'm new to this forum and I've read all of the pros and cons of using EasyStraight. I don't understand why the positive posts are assumed by some as being written by trolls and the negative posts are assumed by some as being written by illiterates. We are all here to express our experiences with products, both good and bad, in order for others to make educated choices, not to insult each other's intelligence or make juvenile and/or malicious assumptions.

I don't know why EasyStraight worked well for some and not for others. Hopefully, the upcoming lawsuit will shed some light on that. Anyone thinking about using this, or any other product with chemicals in it, should weigh the pros and cons very carefully. Don't just go by what it says on the packaging or the infomercial because they will always put their product in the best light. Google the product name and get as much and as diverse opinions on the product as you can get, then make your own decision based on your research.

Good points, Pixel and insightful. Here is my take on the issue:
In light of all of the extremes that have been reported (most of which have been negative), it seems that it is hard to trust anyone who claims E.S. is wonderful. Logically, you can understand that point.

Emotionally, this is a different issue. We did not intend to steer this board in any direction, but USERS (whom we support) have, by far, expressed dissatisfaction with E.S. Therefore, coming onto this particular board and accusing those who are suprememely distressed of failing to follow directions will inevitably invoke defensive responses.

I will use this analogy to get my point across:

You and a group of girlfriends have formed a support group for those who are infertile and cannot have children. Then along comes three women who say "you all must have children! Obviously it is your fault that you cannot have them. You are really missing out." Given, this analogy is not exactly parallel, but it makes the same point. You can be happy with what you have, BUT there is also a time and place to be happy about it so that you are sensitive to others.

If your aim is to get a fair and even review of E.S. well then you will have to research many boards and many sites. Even so, you will find that the majority of posts about experiences with E.S. are negative. So in essence, this is a fair representation of the catastrophe that E.S. can cause whether you follow the directions or not!

There is nothing insensitive about saying "E.S. worked for me." There is, however, an extreme insensitivity in accusing victims that it is their fault for something over which they had very little or NO control! The defect here is not the victim! It is the product!

So while we encourage a variety of opinions on MuT,we also encourage sensitivity and common sense. Common sense tells you that women who are suffering do not need the added insults or injuries.. or they are likely (and most understandably) going to get angry and strike back.

In a nut shell, this particular board is user-directed. These women have formed a support network. Any threat to their logical claims and emotions is asking for trouble. We ask that common sense is used in regards to posting on this particular thread. Touting E.S. as a fantastic product on this particular board, is insulting to the VAST number of victims who are losing their hair and their self-esteem. If you have had a great experience with E.S. feel free to say so. But beware that you are the minority and choose non defensive language. There is nothing wrong with that. If you want to be perceived respectably, then project it!

Originally Posted by pixel I'm new to this forum and I've read all of the pros and cons of using EasyStraight. I don't understand why the positive posts are assumed by some as being written by trolls and the negative posts are assumed by some as being written by illiterates. We are all here to express our experiences with products, both good and bad, in order for others to make educated choices, not to insult each other's intelligence or make juvenile and/or malicious assumptions. I don't know why EasyStraight worked well for some and not for others. Hopefully, the upcoming lawsuit will shed some light on that. Anyone thinking about using this, or any other product with chemicals in it, should weigh the pros and cons very carefully. Don't just go by what it says on the packaging or the infomercial because they will always put their product in the best light. Google the product name and get as much and as diverse opinions on the product as you can get, then make your own decision based on your research. Pixel, I don't mean to offend anyone and it is not all the positive post that I was talking about, I'm glad there are some woman who have had success with this product because I wouldn't wish the alternative on anyone. It's pretty well know to a lot of us who have been going through this that there are people whose positive post are questionable, they have shown up and actually attacked some of us on here and other boards, just who and why they do what they do I don't know, but the idea that because someone had success with a product and then decides to go on the message boards and blast people and accuse them of "Not being able to follow directions" is just not something I am able to fathom, if I had had a good outcome with easystraight I would have been happy and gone on about my buisness, I doubt I would have even gone to a message board or website on the product, and I certainly know that I would not get nasty with people who were hurt by easystraight. I'm very sorry if you took my post wrong, it wasn't meant for you.

snafuish, I saw your pictures on the other board. I am so sorry that you're dealing with this nightmare! It's one thing to read about this Easystraight nightmare but seeing the damage really delivers the message home. OMG...OMG...OMG...
icon_cry.gif

Latest posts

Back