Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by shoediva Cali--Is "Funner" really a word??, cause I just love to say it and my guy insists its not......I'll look it up......although if its not I dont think I'll stop sayign it LOL Well the rule is this: If a word has one syllable such as the word, "sad" then you use the suffixes "er" and "est" as in, "that is the saddest word I've ever heard."If the word has MORE than one syllable such as the word "stellar" then you use 'more' and 'most' in front of it like this: "That is the most stellar word that I've ever heard."

So the long winded answer to your question is this: fun (one syllable word)=funner, funnest is the correct way to put it.

'More fun' is incorrect since "fun" has only one syllable.

'MuT is funner than a bowl of cherries' is correct and you win the argument with your beloved. Now you can tell him that Merriam Webster says:

Main Entry: <SUP>3</SUP>fun

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): sometimes fun·ner sometimes fun·nest

... and he owes you a funner dinner and a funner back rub for losing this argument!!

Originally Posted by shoediva HAHA, I knew you would help me win this one!!!! LOL HAHahahhahaha!!! You got it!

mutbanner6.gif

Welcome E. Stone! Thanks for going "through all the crap of registering," and for posting about that! It was really quite helpful! Hope you'll share more with us here at MakeupTalk!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by E. Stone I went through all the crap of registering so I could tell you: Next time, try Ogilvie's "Defrizzer" treatment (about $10). They also make a Straightener (which, I suppose, is stronger). Anyway, my hair wasn't in such great condition, so I just went with the Defrizzer, and 6 months later, I can still see the difference. It's much silkier and smoother. I was very satisfied.

Hi Kage- do you believe still no word from Mark/Avon Rep. I'm going on vacation on Sat. so I guess I will pursue them further when I get back. I just think its weird they would take so long.

Hi, My hair is wavy, colored {twice a month with Hydrience light ash brown}, and as the freezy days of Summer approaches I decided to get my hair chemically straighten for the first time. I always use an extra large round brush and a flat brush to dry my hair straight and it takes me 15 minutes, which is a pain in the neck. Yesterday I went to Eckerd, it used to be Genovese here in Long Island, NY. I bought Easy Straight for $30.00 and went home to try my new experiment. I followed the directions using all products that came with the kit: First I applied the moisturizing oil to protect my hair, Then I divided my hair into 4 parts using the hair clips included, Then I added oil to the relaxer cream and place the cream jar in the microwave for 1 minute, Then I mixed and applied to hair as quickly as I could using my hands protected by the gloves provided by kit, I made sure all hair was saturated with cream, As soon as I finished applying the cream, I jumped in the shower to get all that cream out of my hair because I did not want ANY hair damage. I did not wait not even 1 second, I applied the cream to my hair and removed it with warm water. Then, I rinsed my hair for 5 minutes to make sure all that stinky amonia cream was off every strand of my hair, Then I <NOBR>shampoo</NOBR> and conditioned as usual. Then I applied a liquid that was included, it closes the pores of hair, Then without rinsing the liquid I carefully combed hair as instructed, I noticed I could comb my hair easely and hair felt moisturized, Then just as instructed, after 10 minutes of combing I rinsed hair and applied their heavy duty <NOBR>moisturizer</NOBR> leave in <NOBR>conditioner</NOBR>, but just to be in the safe side I also added my own leave in moisturizer to the ends of hair so it would be extra protected, soft and shiny. Then I combed hair, towel dry, and applied my usual silicone Frizz-out from middle to ends of my hair. I did that because I always used it to prevent frizz and I think it will help my hair if it got dry from the chemicals in the relaxer cream. Then I let my hair air dry. I did not use a blow dryer as usual. As I was waiting for my hair to become a frizz ball I noticed it retained its straightness. I could not believe, after dry my hair was straight, but a normal straight, nor sticking out or unnatural but all waves were gone. It looked like I had my hair blowed dryed with a flat brush. My hair was healthy, shiny and STRAIGHT! I am happy, it worked for me.

Originally Posted by Californian

You're very welcome. One time I dyed my hair and it turned out green so I kind of know how you feel. It was an expensive mistake.How about a cute, short do for you? Get a tan, play up your rosey cheeks and hook on some big, cute earrings and look stylish while you repair your hair. What do you think? You know it will be much easier to comb out after a ride on your Harley!

I'm thinking of something like any of the following. Summer is here, after all!

crop10after.jpg
Untitled-18.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg
2after.jpg

5after.jpg
crop8after.jpg
Untitled-25.jpg

Is this you?

OMG, thanks for the warning.. Thats seriously bad. Ye should make sure your complaint gets followed through.

Originally Posted by holly77az I just wanted to say that I used easystraight last night (before I found this site
icon_evil.gif
) and It was horrable!! It has totally fried my hair and I have now spent $60 on conditionors to try and help save my hair so with the $30 for the easystraight and the $60 for conditionors i shoulda went to a salon! oh and if you call easystraight you have to leave a msg. I'll keep ya all posted on what I end up doing
icon_confused.gif
Hey holly..Welcome to MuT..Glad you found us but sorry it was under such wrotten pretenses..Keep us posted on your hair and if you hear anything from Easy straight

Can we all just test this Easystraight on a lock of hair before distributing the amonia cream all over our heads????
icon_rolleyes.gif

I bet she left it on for 5 minutes.
eek.gif

Unfortunatly our girls can't file the complaint form due to severe lack of direction following skills.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by creek Unfortunatly our girls can't file the complaint form due to severe lack of direction following skills.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Then follow the darn directions!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr! If you cannot, have a friend do it for you.
Sheesh. Maybe they should just sell the products to professional salons? Do you mean to tell me that all of these folks have fried hair because they did not follow directions? Or is there a chance that this product truly sucks?

We will wait for your conclusive proper testing on Easystraight. Let us know if your hair spontaneously exploded.

Originally Posted by shoediva Hi Kage- do you believe still no word from Mark/Avon Rep. I'm going on vacation on Sat. so I guess I will pursue them further when I get back. I just think its weird they would take so long. Heard anything else, Shoediva? Have you tried calling their 800 number to find the closest district manager to sign you up? It is worth it once you get started...just can be an annoying wait.
frown.gif

Creek, and everyone:

Being someone who has been on the side of a product that has severely affected me, I must say that it is possible that there is something wrong with the use of this product for certain people.

I've recently been involved in a discussion about birth control pills, a particular one actually. I referred someone to a message board that has hundreds of horrible experiences listed, many similar to my own life-threatening experience last summer. However, other women have been commenting, saying that they believe many who posted those complaints are delusional, that they themselves are on that pill and they love it. I have no problem believing that it does work for some, but after having such a horrible experience, it's good to know that i'm not the only one with complaints on that other message board. Before all of that happened last summer, I was really starting to believe I was going crazy, or that my body was shutting down, especially after my doctor had the audactiy to say "It's not the pill...it's YOU!" Too many women have had the same complaint, and that's enough to tell me to stay far away.

It may work for some, but you must take into consideration all of these complaints, and understand that it doesn't work for everyone. Most of these ladies are more than competent to fill out a formal complaint, or to read directions on how to use this. I use Nair for my legs, and I never leave it on for longer than the bottle says. It's not that difficult to follow directions, and I highly doubt that many women here misread the directions.

Originally Posted by creek Can we all just test this Easystraight on a lock of hair before distributing the amonia cream all over our heads????I bet she left it on for 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by creek Unfortunatly our girls can't file the complaint form due to severe lack of direction following skills.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Originally Posted by Californian Then follow the darn directions!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr! If you cannot, have a friend do it for you.
Sheesh. Maybe they should just sell the products to professional salons? Do you mean to tell me that all of these folks have fried hair because they did not follow directions? Or is there a chance that this product truly sucks?

Did you read my Easystraight review on May 14, 2004?

I used it and I am very happy with the results.

I don't know who you are talking about but I love Easystraight!

My hair is freeze free.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

<TABLE class=tborder id=post9932 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>
post_new.gif
Today, 09:28 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>https://forum.makeuptalk.com/image.php?u=325&dateline=1079244329</TD><TD noWrap>Californian <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->
user_offline.gif
<!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_9932", true); </SCRIPT>

ranklr5_mod.gif

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Feb 2004

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width=75><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=50 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=28>
quot-top-left.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/misc/quotes/quote-bg.gif)" vAlign=center width="100%">Quote:</TD><TD width=14>
quot-top-right.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-lr-bg.gif)" vAlign=bottom align=left width=15></TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=left width=0><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width=72>
quot-by-left.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-bye-bg.gif)" vAlign=center noWrap align=left width="100%">Originally Posted by: creek </TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=0>
quot-by-right.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=right width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-top-bg.gif)" vAlign=center width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=center align=left width=10>
quot-top-right-10.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/misc/quotes/quoting-left.gif)" width=10></TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/misc/quotes/quoting-right.gif)" width=10></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-left-bg.gif)" width=10></TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>We will wait for your conclusive proper testing on Easystraight.

Let us know if your hair spontaneously exploded. </TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-right-bg.gif)" width=10></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10>https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/misc/quotes/quot-bot-left.gif</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-bot-bg.gif)" width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top width=10>https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/misc/quotes/quot-bot-right.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->HAHAhhaa. No thanks. I have straight hair in the first place. No need to fry it. Sorry you made yourself look like Buckwheat. I will pray for your hair to go back down.

Love and good hair wishes,

Californian

https://www.makeuptalk.com/editor_files/editor_images/buckwheat.jpg

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PS. I thought your post showing the picture of an African American and mentioning fried Buckwheat hair was racist and politically incorrect.

Who placed you as a moderator???

Shame on you!

I am talking about the directions on my Easystraight review, where I recommend no waiting time. If our ladies prefer to leave the product on a wavy hair for 5 minutes it is there decision. That is the reason why I posted the review so that everyone could learn from it.
icon_idea.gif

It would greatly help if you chose the option to quote whomever you're replying to. Did you mean my post? I never said anything about your review - I felt that you were demeaning the fact that others have indeed had problems with Easy Straight. There have been others who rinsed it immediately, and still had problems with it. Every person's hair and body reacts differently. That's obvious here.

I don't see the need for comments like this: If our ladies prefer to leave the product on a wavy hair for 5 minutes it is there decision.

Originally Posted by creek I am talking about the directions on my Easystraight review, where I recommend no waiting time. If our ladies prefer to leave the product on a wavy hair for 5 minutes it is there decision. That is the reason why I posted the review so that everyone could learn from it.
icon_idea.gif

Back