Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea It would greatly help if you chose the option to quote whomever you're replying to. Did you mean my post? I never said anything about your review - I felt that you were demeaning the fact that others have indeed had problems with Easy Straight. There have been others who rinsed it immediately, and still had problems with it. Every person's hair and body reacts differently. That's obvious here.
I don't see the need for comments like this: If our ladies prefer to leave the product on a wavy hair for 5 minutes it is there decision.

I have not read one post which stated that hair was rinsed immediately.

Why is there such hostility here? It's just a hair product - not the end of the world or salvation. Good for you that it worked, but it doesn't work for everyone. Please read my above comment about birth control, and you'll see what I mean.

Originally Posted by creek I have not read one post which stated that hair was rinsed immediately.

There have been others who rinsed it immediately, and still had problems with it. Could you please direct me to a post where it is stated that hair was rinsed immediately and STILL became damaged.

I think anyone who has replied to your posts has read your review for Easystraight. I'm not sure who exactly you're referring to, as there is no quote for the post you're replying to. I know that I mentioned that different products work for different people - you may want to read my above post about different views of the dangers of birth control, and how those views also differ on hair products. Everyone has a different experience - just because someone had a bad experience with EasyStraight does not mean that they have

[*]"severe lack of direction following skills"

[*]"they left it on for 5 minutes,"

[*]or even that their hair would "spontaneously explode."

However, this is what you think - and I think it's sad that you'd group everyone who's had a bad experience together in such a demeaning way. I had a bad experience on birth control - does that make me ignorant or make it my fault?

If you want to make a point, or rave about the stuff, can't it be done in a positive way, without making others look ignorant or stupid?

Californian was obviously responding to the girl's post who did indeed fry her hair, not yours, and made reference to Buckwheat because Cali is a silly light-hearted girl, and meant no offense.

Lastly, even if she was being politically incorrect, it is just as shameful to make sarcastic comments about conclusive proper testing to see if hair spontaneously explodes, and to say that other ladies here:

[*]lack direction-following skills

[*]left it on for 5 minutes (even if they did, that's no reason to mock them or make fun. They made a mistake - they don't need to be laughed at for it.)

Everyone is different. That's what makes us, "us." I don't think ridiculing others about what they've done right or wrong is very fair.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone - I just cannot stand it when I see others being talked about this way. If I had tried it, and left it on longer than I was supposed to, I'd be offended that someone thought these things about me. Just because someone does it wrong, doesn't mean they're a horrible, ignorant person. Let's have some positivity here! Good for the good reviews, but not good for the name-calling.

Originally Posted by creek Did you read my Easystraight review on May 14, 2004? I used it and I am very happy with the results.

I don't know who you are talking about but I love Easystraight!

My hair is freeze free.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

PS. I thought your post showing the picture of an African American and mentioning fried Buckwheat hair was racist and politically incorrect.

Who placed you as a moderator???

Shame on you!

I'm sorry if I misjudged your comments as sarcastic, if they weren't meant that way. It just seemed to be very sarcastic to me, and I didn't think it was fair to the other ladies here. If I was wrong, and you were light-heartedly joking, I apologize.

Originally Posted by creek There have been others who rinsed it immediately, and still had problems with it. Could you please direct me to a post where it is stated that hair was rinsed immediately and STILL became damaged.

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea It would greatly help if you chose the option to quote whomever you're replying to. Did you mean my post? I never said anything about your review - I felt that you were demeaning the fact that others have indeed had problems with Easy Straight. There have been others who rinsed it immediately, and still had problems with it. Every person's hair and body reacts differently. That's obvious here.
I don't see the need for comments like this: If our ladies prefer to leave the product on a wavy hair for 5 minutes it is there decision.

The only hostility here comes from the moderator Californian towards African Americans.Could you please direct me to a previous post which states that hair was damaged after rinsed immediately?

Thanks.

Can you direct me to a post where someone admitted to leaving it on an extended period of time? Actually, I cannot find many posts even detailing how exactly they applied and removed it, so I don't think they can be pre-judged without knowing those bits. For all we know, they may have rinsed immediately, like this girl did: Here's a link that is very informative, however: http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...12_2004_5.html NOTE to fashion lemmings: if you want to straighten your hair, go to a salon! Sarah Hooper, an editorial assistant at CosmoGirl! Magazine, is threatening to sue Haime Munoz, whose namesake salon has appeared in Allure as one of the "best," because his do-it-yourself straightening solution left her balding and burned. "I was trying out the product for the magazine," Hooper told PAGE SIX. "I followed the instructions explicitly and even took the solution off earlier than it said, but when I washed it out, my hair started falling out in clumps. When I tried to contact Haime he was rude and insinuated I didn't follow instructions properly. He insisted I come to his salon, but I told him I had already missed a day of work due to the trauma and I would rather him come see me. I have spent over $100 on hats now. The hair that didn't fall out is frizzy and burned. I told him he could talk to my lawyer." But Munoz said: "[Hooper] did a bad application. I must see her hair. I have used this product for 12 years and it has been on the market for three months with no complaints. I can't be responsible if she doesn't come see me."

Originally Posted by creek There have been others who rinsed it immediately, and still had problems with it. Could you please direct me to a post where it is stated that hair was rinsed immediately and STILL became damaged.

I believe that this is being hostil.
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Californian HAHAhhaa. No thanks. I have straight hair in the first place. No need to fry it. Sorry you made yourself look like Buckwheat. I will pray for your hair to go back down.Love and good hair wishes,

Californian

buckwheat.jpg

What about your statements referring to other ladies here - how are these meant to be taken? I think they sound outrageously sarcastic:

Originally Posted by creek Can we all just test this Easystraight on a lock of hair before distributing the amonia cream all over our heads????
icon_rolleyes.gif
I bet she left it on for 5 minutes.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by creek Unfortunatly our girls can't file the complaint form due to severe lack of direction following skills.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Originally Posted by creek We will wait for your conclusive proper testing on Easystraight.Let us know if your hair spontaneously exploded.

And can you refer me to a post where someone even states how long they left it in for? Most have not given those details, so we cannot judge whether they "can read directions" or not. So, we don't know if they rinsed immediatly or not, and therefore cannot judge them as ignorant, correct?
I don't see the need for this great debate. It works for some, not for others. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by creek The only hostility here comes from the moderator Californian towards African Americans.Could you please direct me to a previous post which states that hair was damaged after rinsed immediately?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Can you direct me to a post where someone admitted to leaving it on an extended period of time? Actually, I cannot find many posts even detailing how exactly they applied and removed it, so I don't think they can be pre-judged without knowing those bits. For all we know, they may have rinsed immediately, like this girl did: Here's a link that is very informative, however: http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...12_2004_5.html NOTE to fashion lemmings: if you want to straighten your hair, go to a salon! Sarah Hooper, an editorial assistant at CosmoGirl! Magazine, is threatening to sue Haime Munoz, whose namesake salon has appeared in Allure as one of the "best," because his do-it-yourself straightening solution left her balding and burned. "I was trying out the product for the magazine," Hooper told PAGE SIX. "I followed the instructions explicitly and even took the solution off earlier than it said, but when I washed it out, my hair started falling out in clumps. When I tried to contact Haime he was rude and insinuated I didn't follow instructions properly. He insisted I come to his salon, but I told him I had already missed a day of work due to the trauma and I would rather him come see me. I have spent over $100 on hats now. The hair that didn't fall out is frizzy and burned. I told him he could talk to my lawyer." But Munoz said: "[Hooper] did a bad application. I must see her hair. I have used this product for 12 years and it has been on the market for three months with no complaints. I can't be responsible if she doesn't come see me." That is the problem. Removing the solution earlier is not removing the solution immediately. As I caution in my review. I believe that HM Mane solutions (the distributors) should give precise instructions, they did not. In consequence many customers have damaged their hair because the solution is strong. Wavy hair should not be exposed to the product for more than 3 seconds. Curly course hair maybe 5 seconds. Rinse immediately.

. "I followed the instructions explicitly and even took the solution off earlier than it said, but when I washed it out, my hair started falling out in clumps. That is the problem. Removing the solution earlier is not removing the solution immediately. As I caution in my review. I believe that HM Mane solutions (the distributors) should give precise instructions, they did not. In consequence many customers have damaged their hair because the solution is strong. Wavy hair should not be exposed to the product for more than 3 seconds. Curly course hair maybe 5 seconds. Rinse immediately.<!-- / message -->

Unless the packaging says "remove immediately" the customers are not to blame for "rinsing early." I agree with you - HM should have more clear instructions on their products. The editorial assistant at Cosmogirl magazine obviously followed directions, ("I followed the instructions explicitly and even took the solution off earlier than it said, but when I washed it out, my hair started falling out in clumps.") but she still ended up with damaged hair. If one is supposed to rinse immediately (which seems difficult - I can't imagine my best friend, who has the curliest hair ever, applying it in less than 30 seconds, and yet by the time she's just applying it, it needs to be removed), then how does one apply all over so quickly and evenly? I guess I'm glad I don't need straightener. LOL

Anyway, I'm glad we got to agree on this.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by creek That is the problem. Removing the solution earlier is not removing the solution immediately.

As I caution in my review.

I believe that HM Mane solutions (the distributors) should give precise instructions, they did not. In consequence many customers have damaged their hair because the solution is strong. Wavy hair should not be exposed to the product for more than 3 seconds. Curly course hair maybe 5 seconds.

Rinse immediately.

Originally Posted by creek The only hostility here comes from the moderator Californian towards African Americans. Could you please direct me to a previous post which states that hair was damaged after rinsed immediately? Thanks. I feel the need to make a comment here since you don't know Californian.The statement she made ,though probably not the most PC thing to say,was not meant in malice nor was it hostile..It was a stereotype,Yes..was it correct?Well, probably not.... but let's not start slinging words like Racist or Hostile because it was neither

I know Cali-girl and I am doubting that she has been hostile towards blacks. If it was in this thread, I am not seeing it.

Originally Posted by creek

The only hostility here comes from the moderator Californian towards African Americans. Could you please direct me to a previous post which states that hair was damaged after rinsed immediately? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I know Cali-girl and I am doubting that she has been hostile towards blacks. If it was in this thread, I am not seeing it. Tone..She referring to the Buckwheat comparison

Ah i see it now. I still am confident that she never meant anything hostile by it....just using it as a reference as BAD HAIR. She is just not like that

Originally Posted by allisong

Tone..She referring to the Buckwheat comparison

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Ah i see it now. I still am confident that she never meant anything hostile by it....just using it as a reference as BAD HAIR. She is just not like that Agreed

Originally Posted by allisong I feel the need to make a comment here since you don't know Californian.The statement she made ,though probably not the most PC thing to say,was not meant in malice nor was it hostile..It was a stereotype,Yes..was it correct?Well, probably not.... but let's not start slinging words like Racist or Hostile because it was neither True and ty, Alison, Kage_scup, and Tony. Part of Buckwheats' appeal is his wild hair; it's funny and exaggerated. I have lots of Little Rascals clipart. That's all that I'm going to add.
mutbanner340.gif

Now that I have erased my posts, this thread can get back on the topic of EasyStraight. Ty Calif

Back