Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please do not use the new product Easystraight. My hair has been wrecked and I feel compeled to warn others. Search other discussion boards and you will see similar results. You will not find a single good review.

thanks for the warning, but what is this product? is it shampoo? conditioner? or a hair straightener?

Originally Posted by DeadHair Please do not use the new product Easystraight. My hair has been wrecked and I feel compeled to warn others. Search other discussion boards and you will see similar results. You will not find a single good review.

Count me in has another Easystraight disaster. I am still kicking myself for believing the imformation advertised on the box about how it is so easy and safe to use, I followed the directions to a T and like others I also rinsed it out earlier. I had to have about 3 inches cut off of my hair and also had to pay for a deep conditioning treatment and my hair is still fried, I will probably have to wear a bandana or scarf for quite a while and continue to have dead hair cut away, my hair length was almost midway down my back but now it is up to my shoulders and will probably have to have more cut off, I just want to cry everytime I look into the mirror now. Please spread the word and do not use this product, the results cause nothing but heartache.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by DeadHair Please do not use the new product Easystraight. My hair has been wrecked and I feel compeled to warn others. Search other discussion boards and you will see similar results. You will not find a single good review. Have either of you thought about calling the Better Business Bureau or the FDA to report this product??Sounds like it needs to be pulled off the shelves

Hi again, Actually I did go to both the FDA and BBB web sites, with the FDA you have to write a letter explaining your problem via snail mail with matters concerning cosmetics, etc., and with the BBB they recommend that you try to notify the company that makes the product first. From what I read on another post with the link to a story about the woman who is an assistant for Cosmogirl magazine, I am curious has to how they will respond to a complaint. I am going to try and do a search on the New York Post/Cosmogirl story and see if there are any follow ups.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Hi again, Actually I did go to both the FDA and BBB web sites, with the FDA you have to write a letter explaining your problem via snail mail with matters concerning cosmetics, etc., and with the BBB they recommend that you try to notify the company that makes the product first. From what I read on another post with the link to a story about the woman who is an assistant for Cosmogirl magazine, I am curious has to how they will respond to a complaint. I am going to try and do a search on the New York Post/Cosmogirl story and see if there are any follow ups. Have you contacted the company directly??You might want to try that..If the feel they are in jeapordy of being sued,etc they might just bend over backwards to help you..It's a start..Sorry for you dilemma

Originally Posted by allisong Have you contacted the company directly??You might want to try that..If the feel they are in jeapordy of being sued,etc they might just bend over backwards to help you..It's a start..Sorry for you dilemma Thanks Allison, I am definetly going to call them, I just got off the phone with Walgreens corporate offices and was told that they will notify their product buyers. I did receive a refund from the Walgreens where I purchased the Easystraight, they were very apologetic and 2 of the women in the cosmetics dept. said they will refuse to sell it but they unfortunetly can't make the decision to pull it off the shelves.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Hi again,Actually I did go to both the FDA and BBB web sites, with the FDA you have to write a letter explaining your problem via snail mail with matters concerning cosmetics, etc., and with the BBB they recommend that you try to notify the company that makes the product first. From what I read on another post with the link to a story about the woman who is an assistant for Cosmogirl magazine, I am curious has to how they will respond to a complaint. I am going to try and do a search on the New York Post/Cosmogirl story and see if there are any follow ups.

Major high 5's to the proactive and astute Harleymom. You rock!!! I bet this is a multi-tasker woman!

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Thanks Allison,I am definetly going to call them, I just got off the phone with Walgreens corporate offices and was told that they will notify their product buyers. I did receive a refund from the Walgreens where I purchased the Easystraight, they were very apologetic and 2 of the women in the cosmetics dept. said they will refuse to sell it but they unfortunetly can't make the decision to pull it off the shelves.

If you ever have a serious complaint about a product, here is a short governmental form to fill out so that the makers will be responsible for their products and so that you can get the word out. Go here: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php

Originally Posted by Californian If you ever have a serious complaint about a product, here is a short governmental form to fill out so that the makers will be responsible for their products and so that you can get the word out. Go here: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php

Thanks so much for the link Californian, I just sent them an email and I will be sure to post any information I receive. I just really want to get the word out on this stuff so hopefully no one else will have to go through what I am right now, just tried a highly recommended Keratin conditioner in hopes it might tame my hair, no luck
icon_cry.gif
Thanks again though.

Originally Posted by Californian Major high 5's to the proactive and astute Harleymom. You rock!!! I bet this is a multi-tasker woman!

great icon Cali!

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Thanks so much for the link Californian, I just sent them an email and I will be sure to post any information I receive. I just really want to get the word out on this stuff so hopefully no one else will have to go through what I am right now, just tried a highly recommended Keratin conditioner in hopes it might tame my hair, no luck
icon_cry.gif
Thanks again though. You're very welcome. One time I dyed my hair and it turned out green so I kind of know how you feel. It was an expensive mistake.How about a cute, short do for you? Get a tan, play up your rosey cheeks and hook on some big, cute earrings and look stylish while you repair your hair. What do you think? You know it will be much easier to comb out after a ride on your Harley!

I'm thinking of something like any of the following. Summer is here, after all!

crop10after.jpg
Untitled-18.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg
2after.jpg

5after.jpg
crop8after.jpg
Untitled-25.jpg

Originally Posted by shoediva great icon Cali! Heh heh heh... shoediva, you must go to smileycentral and download these fun icons too! Look at this one:
<TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>ShoeDiva</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

or if you are into the movie, The Matrix, check this out:

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Cal, You Rock!! Aw Thanks for writing that! lol You made my day brighter. Thank you!
newsun.gif

Oh, hmmm We have tried to make the registration process simple. Sorry if it seemed ardeous.

Anyhow, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by E. Stone

I went through all the crap of registering so I could tell you: Next time, try Ogilvie's "Defrizzer" treatment (about $10). They also make a Straightener (which, I suppose, is stronger). Anyway, my hair wasn't in such great condition, so I just went with the Defrizzer, and 6 months later, I can still see the difference. It's much silkier and smoother. I was very satisfied.

Originally Posted by E. Stone I went through all the crap of registering so I could tell you: Next time, try Ogilvie's "Defrizzer" treatment (about $10). They also make a Straightener (which, I suppose, is stronger). Anyway, my hair wasn't in such great condition, so I just went with the Defrizzer, and 6 months later, I can still see the difference. It's much silkier and smoother. I was very satisfied. Aw, thanks for going through "all the crap of registering" because your post is very helpful. See? Going through some crap has benefitted us all! I wish more people like you would go through "all the crap of registering" since it makes this site even funner, more enlightening and diverse.
In that case, Viva LA 'CRAP'!!!

Mutbanner4.gif

Cali--Is "Funner" really a word??, cause I just love to say it and my guy insists its not......I'll look it up......although if its not I dont think I'll stop sayign it LOL

Latest posts

Back