Ebay

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone bought skin care or makeup from Ebay? How was your experience? Were the products ok?

I've purchased a few things from Ebay. Be careful when bidding on MAC pigments, read carefully exactly how much you'll be getting. If you're bidding on MAC Kitschmas there are a ton of fakes, hard to see from the pictures. Also, stay away from 'discountbros5' & 'runwaymakeup' Total rip-offs!

Hello, as a make up Junkie, i by lots of makeup and have used ebay to purchase a lot of make up and skin care ranges which would have costed me a fortune to buy from the stores. In my experience of ebay, i would say that all of the makeup i have bouht has been fine. As for the skin care products, i would have to say that i have had no problems with any of the products.I would give ebay 9/10 for good quality products at a great price!

I tried buying cosmetics once...should've known I would get scammed b/c the BIN price was too good to be true. The seller bailed and took my money, along with several other people's from viewing the feedback. I haven't boughten anything on Ebay since. I have bought some skin care items offa there in the past. They were new and usused and exactly what they said they were.

It sounds as though you have had a bad experience with a badseller on ebay.(Ive had a few myself) but for the most part most sellers are honset and sell good unused boxed products. Always check their feedback before you bid or buy, if you are worried. I have been buying products on ebay for a good long while and can honestly say you must have been unfortunate. You can report seller to ebay as there are strict guidelines that must be followed by both parties (sellers and buyers). Look for sellers that are part of Square Trade. There is a green symbol next to their listings.You can get great bargains and some amazing stuff from ebay.And there is seller protection for buyers too. Did you report your experience to ebay?

Guess what? I also a a terrible experience with runwaymakeup!!! I could not believe how rude and nasty this person was and would never go near that seller again.Reading her feedback is a joke! Even now a year later i still occasionaly have a look at her feedback, and read her comments in disbelief and notice that she is still getting complaints. She shouldnt be allowed on ebay as she is giving other sellers a bad name because of her conduct. Reading all her comments to innocent buyers says it all. Lets hope one day we will be protected from this seller on ebay!

Oh Candy, shes the worst!! So disrespectful. Shes also an avid makeup junkie and posts on many makeup boards, but somehow she gets outed all the time!
tongue.gif
I just can't understand why people keep buying from her.

Originally Posted by candy Guess what? I also a a terrible experience with runwaymakeup!!! I could not believe how rude and nasty this person was and would never go near that seller again.Reading her feedback is a joke! Even now a year later i still occasionaly have a look at her feedback, and read her comments in disbelief and notice that she is still getting complaints. She shouldnt be allowed on ebay as she is giving other sellers a bad name because of her conduct. Reading all her comments to innocent buyers says it all. Lets hope one day we will be protected from this seller on ebay!

Hi Lesley, I think it was someone else who first mentioned runwaymakeup along with another seller to be wary of. I agree with what you said about the feedback giving an insight into the seller! xxx

I Know! I am surprised that this seller is still allowed to trade on ebay.

Originally Posted by candy Guess what? I also a a terrible experience with runwaymakeup!!! I could not believe how rude and nasty this person was and would never go near that seller again.Reading her feedback is a joke! Even now a year later i still occasionaly have a look at her feedback, and read her comments in disbelief and notice that she is still getting complaints. She shouldnt be allowed on ebay as she is giving other sellers a bad name because of her conduct. Reading all her comments to innocent buyers says it all. Lets hope one day we will be protected from this seller on ebay! Ugghh just from reading that woman's feedbacks and some of the comments she responds to them with I know if I ever met her in real life I would knock her freakin senseless, I can't believe she is still on ebay either and people keep buying from her. Tis crazy!

Yes, my thoughts exactly! I told her as much.Still what comes around ,goes around! I am sure her business will be suffering because of her own actions.It's her own fault really, and notice that there are hardly ever any bids on her auctions! I can usually scan through the listings really qiuickly and sometimes i will see mac products getting cheaper and re listed every week. Sure enough when i check the seller it always comes back the same, hardly any bids. I am sure most people are wisening up to her.It so obvious that she is the one who should get a proper job and stop theiving off other people. If anyone's as broke as a joke now, its her!

Thats where i get the majority of my MAC make-up from! I always look at feedback though and the condition of it (if its new)

I bought my Bare Minerals foundation off of Ebay. Just make sure you buy from someone with a lot of positive feedback.

Originally Posted by xXMelissaXx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought my Bare Minerals foundation off of Ebay. Just make sure you buy from someone with a lot of positive feedback. I've bought BE from ebay as well.Checking feedback is essential, which would stand for the seller's reputation, as well as number of transactions that's been done, which also ensures how honest s/he is.

I prefer purchasing things NIB, or sealed at least, and also double check on the sizes of the makeup on listing, because there are tons of people out there who charge way too much for sizes that are more like samplers than full sizes (jar, etc).

This is a really old post, lol.

I've never bought makeup off of ebay though.

I had a really good experience from the seller that I bought from on E-Bay. She got my stuff to me on time, and in excellent condition!

I have, and so far without major problems! Luckily enough! I try to stick to sellers with a near perfect feedback rating LOL!

I buy makeup from ebay all the time! I'm just waiting on 2 lots to come right now. I always check the feedback of the seller and read the description very carefully. I never buy anything that's not described as new or anything without an actual photo of the item. I've got quite a few bits of MAC for quite a bit cheaper than the counter.

Latest posts

Back