Eco-Emi discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box today! Super early, unlike when I usually get boxes! Beauty-related contents: 

Shea Radiance whipped shea butter (melon scent) Seaweed bath co. body wash Lauren Brooke cosmetics bronzer (35 g, decent size) Alabu goat milk soap Burt's Bees full-size lip shimmer in plum.   Other contents: Dr Collins natural toothpaste (we got a toothbrush last month, so that's nice) 3-pk enchanting chai samples (chai sugar, chai chocolate bark, chai powder). Smells amazing, chocolate seems to have been custom made for this month's box so it's fresh.  Lime yerba mate tea sachet Wholesome sweeteners organic raw honey and mini cookbook with honey recipes  
I'm really happy. Actual makeup, plus nice body stuff and a few yummy treats.

Oh, goodie! The latest box looks great. I got to say this is my favorite 'monthly' box and the first I've ever sub'd to. It really is the epidemy of what a sub is supposed to be, discovering and trying out new products with a nice presentation and attention to detail. Everything is individually wrapped nicely with product literature. Products are interesting and from brands I've never heard of. Sometimes there are stories and interesting people behind the product. As opposed to, "Here's some lip gloss and glitter wham bam thank you ma'am! "

It's well balanced to with a good variety of products. I didn't know green products could be luxurious. I've already purchased some of  the full size Neuma and Green Body Planet hair products. I never pay attention to the expiration dates. Everything has tasted fresh and just fine. I guess I'll look now. lol I'm not one to trace packages either because I receive so much stuff in the mail. I would go batty if I tried to keep track of them esp. since UPS has been handing off their packages to the USPS now to save money,. That means an extra day or two to receive stuff. There's no way of tracking packages when they're in the 'hand off zone.' UPS drops off your packages sometimes to the wrong post office instead of your 'home' post office. Then it's stuck in another zone till it gets transferred to your correct post office. Another day. I don't think this system is working out well. It doesn't make any sense. This would get frustrating as a business owner not knowing where the heck the package is floating around at.

My April Box arrived this week:

(L ->R):

Mate Factor Fresh Yerba Mate in Tropical Lime (1 tea bag / 0.12 oz / 3.5 g) - have not tried but will take on the road with me for a energizing morning drink

Alabu Skin Care Baby Me Goat Milk Soap, unscented (0.5 oz / 14g) - nice round disk, similar to hotel facial soap size

The Seaweed Bath Co. Wildly Natural Seaweed Soothing Body Wash in Eucalyptus and Peppermint (~10mL) - this is for dry & sensitive skin which is the type I have so I'm looking forward to trying this out

Shea Radiance Whipped Shea Butter in Kalahari Melon (~8mL) - whipped shea butter is a great idea as it's normally kinda thick. The scent is so-so and doe not remind me of melons

Lauren Brooke Cosmetics Bronzer in Golden, loose powder (3.5g) - perfect for the summer and to practice facial contouring!

Wholesome Sweetners Organic Raw Fair Trade Honey (1.5oz / 42g) - awesome; love honeys

Dr. Collins Natural Toothpaste in Vanilla Mint with Goji Berry ( 0.75 oz / 21.26g) - I'm getting low on my travel toothpaste so this is great timing 

Burt's Bee's Lip Shimmer in Plum (0.09 oz / 2.6g) - Full Size Lip Shimmer! In a color I don't have yet; Sa-weet!

Catalyst Gourmet samples:

Enchanting Chai Gourmet Finishing Sugar (~ 1Tbsp) - looking forward to adding this to my next cup of tea!

Enchanting Chai Catalyst Gourmet Enhancer (~ 0.5 tsp) - maybe put this on my toast or oatmeat

Enchangint Chai Bite of Bliss Spiced Chocolate Bark (2 bites) - I ate the bark straight away and it was OK but kinda gritty from the nuts. I like how it's not too sweet.
I'm happy for this box and its contents. I *do* look forward to my Eco Emi box every month, even if it only arrives near month's end...

Ok so I just received my "leftover April box" in the mail today. Im on their waiting list and was able to purchase an exact duplicate of last months box without subscribing. I figured it would be a great way to check out the service to see if I want to commit and I was impressed!! I loved how it was packaged- super cute and thoughtful- and the amount of samples that were packed in. There was also some discount cards and literature on the featured products. I also feel like eco emi features a great mix of lifestyle, food, and beauty samples. I also ordered the "Bonus box" which i am super excited about! It is a mixture of leftover products from prior months and from what i hear she sends out quite a good amount of stuff. It is the same price as a regular or leftover box, $15. To order a leftover or bonus box, check their Facebook page regularly for updates. Overall, im already thrilled with eco emi as i have been totally into organic eco friendly products lately! Can't wait to subscribe! I will post my thoughts on the bonus box when it arrives! xX

I got the bonus May box in the mail today.

Some of the items were in a pretty decent blue velvet drawstring bag:

0.17oz foil Dr. Hauschka lemon body wash

0.35oz Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream

1oz Re color safe shampoo

1oz Re conditioner

0.09oz JR Watkins Strike-a-Rose lip tint (I think full size?) it was wrapped in tissue, cute.

tiny paint pot of vegan eyeshadow from the all natural face in peach ice. This looks like a color I'd wear, a sparkly peach, and a tiny brush

bigger pot of the all natural face gel pot in "That Black"- not sure what this is. It looks like paint

2.5oz pear tree specialty soap (liquid)

foil packet of Gabriel organics seaweed revitalizing bath/shower gel.. probably 0.25oz

a 4pack of vermints in cinnamint

an eco-emi sticker

3 mini incense sticks from auromere in amber

0.1oz lavender/white tea deo wipe from crystal essence

trio of neuma hair products - blow dry lotion, smoothing creme, style texturizer all 0.25oz

1oz biokleen laundry liquid

2x 10mL raw honey honey pax

1.5oz organic ranch dip packet (lol)

1 organic african nectar tea from mighty leaf (surprised this was the only tea)

1 "floors" floor cleaning solution

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the bonus May box in the mail today.

Some of the items were in a pretty decent blue velvet drawstring bag:

0.17oz foil Dr. Hauschka lemon body wash

0.35oz Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream

1oz Re color safe shampoo

1oz Re conditioner

0.09oz JR Watkins Strike-a-Rose lip tint (I think full size?) it was wrapped in tissue, cute.

tiny paint pot of vegan eyeshadow from the all natural face in peach ice. This looks like a color I'd wear, a sparkly peach, and a tiny brush

bigger pot of the all natural face gel pot in "That Black"- not sure what this is. It looks like paint

2.5oz pear tree specialty soap (liquid)

foil packet of Gabriel organics seaweed revitalizing bath/shower gel.. probably 0.25oz

a 4pack of vermints in cinnamint

an eco-emi sticker

3 mini incense sticks from auromere in amber

0.1oz lavender/white tea deo wipe from crystal essence

trio of neuma hair products - blow dry lotion, smoothing creme, style texturizer all 0.25oz

1oz biokleen laundry liquid

2x 10mL raw honey honey pax

1.5oz organic ranch dip packet (lol)

1 organic african nectar tea from mighty leaf (surprised this was the only tea)

1 "floors" floor cleaning solution
I got the Bonus Box too. Almost the same stuff except for the Gabriel Organics Seaweed gel. First time with Eco-Emi and I like the items. I know the subscription is slightly different, but I would consider.

Just received my Bonus Box yesterday and it was a bit different than the list of items in your boxes.... Will post a full list later because there were too many products to remember!!! I was totally impressed and will definately try to get my hands on the next ones! Wishing I ordered two.....

Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received my Bonus Box yesterday and it was a bit different than the list of items in your boxes.... Will post a full list later because there were too many products to remember!!! I was totally impressed and will definately try to get my hands on the next ones! Wishing I ordered two.....
Me, too!  I received items similar to or the same as were in the box posted by Amberlamps, although not quite as many.  I am happy with it, though, and I checked to see if they had any bonus boxes left so I could order another one.  All gone.  I will be looking for these in the future!

Got my tracking for my Eco-emi May box today! Although with the holiday weekend, it'll probably be June before I get it. Wish they would have thought of that.

Ok so i received the following products in my May Eco Emi bonus box: Alterna-trio of styling products: blow dry, smoothing, texturizing (foil packets) Revolution organics- freedom gloss in Integrity (full size) Dr. Hauschka- Rose body wash (foil packet) SheaTerra organics- Rose hips black soap (1oz sample jar) Aura Cacia-Soothing organic milk & oat bath (1.75oz packet) Vitacare- recycled & biodegradable toothbrush Vitacare- whitening gum (full size pack) The ginger people- Gin Gin boost ginger candies (full size box) Endangered wildlife- organic lipbalm in vanilla (2 of the full size) Green body green Planet- Re revitalizing conditioner (1oz bottle) Naturally its clean- Floors, floor cleaner concentrate (foil packet for use with half gallon h2o) Mighty leaf tea- organic african nectar and organic breakfast (1 bag each) Overall, I was super excited and impressed, just wish I would've gotten the Re shampoo to go with the conditioner and not two of the same lipbalm :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oops, i forgot to add that i also got the Lauren brooke cosmetics full size eyeliner pencil in brown/black, a small sample of peach eyeshadow and small sample of chai shea butter.

So, I lit the Auromere Amber incense today. It smells so good, and lingers unlike those silly plug in oil things I keep buying (glade/air wick). The scent spread all over my home. I used to dig incense when I was a kid, but somehow lost interest in it. I think this is going to bring back my obsession with incense.

The real test will be whether or not it covers the scent of my cats mid-dump.
add_wegbrech.gif
(I saw this emoticon and laughed so I had to use it)

LMAO If you find some thing that does let me know because there are times my cat will be in the middle of a dump and you can smell it three rooms away! lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LMAO If you find some thing that does let me know because there are times my cat will be in the middle of a dump and you can smell it three rooms away! lol
covered litter box+fresh step extreme, I never smell cat poop anymore! Even mid-poop.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

covered litter box+fresh step extreme, I never smell cat poop anymore! Even mid-poop.

Yep! I've tried every litter out there from Feline Pine to the nasty crystals, and still, Fresh Step is the only brand that cuts it.

They use a Booda Dome and can clear out a room. They even fart and it smells worse than my parents' old (maybe 13 years old?) pitbull/chow mutt when he farts. I've used litter with carbon in it even and it doesn't cover up the mid-dump scent. I think they're just freaks. Fortunately, after a few minutes I can't smell anything.

Back