Eco-Emi discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They use a Booda Dome and can clear out a room. They even fart and it smells worse than my parents' old (maybe 13 years old?) pitbull/chow mutt when he farts. I've used litter with carbon in it even and it doesn't cover up the mid-dump scent. I think they're just freaks. Fortunately, after a few minutes I can't smell anything.
lmao, my cat doesn't fart thank goodness. Or at least has the manners to keep it in her litter box. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lmao, my cat doesn't fart thank goodness. Or at least has the manners to keep it in her litter box. 
Haha, lucky! The worst had to be when one of my cats farted while he was cleaning himself, so he ended up farting right in his own face. He looked rather surprised lol. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, lucky! The worst had to be when one of my cats farted while he was cleaning himself, so he ended up farting right in his own face. He looked rather surprised lol. 

add_wegbrech.gif

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LMAO If you find some thing that does let me know because there are times my cat will be in the middle of a dump and you can smell it three rooms away! lol
Bad Air Sponge is amazing! We had to add another litter box upstairs near our bedrooms and we put this on top of the desk it is under and you can smell nothing. It is the best! Not sure how long it lasts, this is our first one

I also just unsubscribed to Eco Emi, I love it, but I have too many samples. I will still be getting May and June boxes, so I will have to see how much I miss it come July. I chose to keep Birchbox and Test Tube and try out Glossybox. I think I will stick with trying to snag a bonus box once in awhile.

I'd be a VERY HAPPY girl if EE would just send me what they have charged to my CC!!

Charged me on May 5th or so, and I have emailed and so forth and still no box.

Are they reliable? By " reliable", I mean BB- type reliable.. or is this a mom and pop enterprise that is slow and not well- organized?

The " waitlisted" thing just isn't true!! I emailed them and they SAID I could join regardless. Of course, now I remember that they charged me but haven't sent anything LOL.

Anyway, their constant " waitlist" makes it seem like they are really popular. I'm starting to wonder judging by what is said here.

Originally Posted by TallCoolTexan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd be a VERY HAPPY girl if EE would just send me what they have charged to my CC!!

Charged me on May 5th or so, and I have emailed and so forth and still no box.

Are they reliable? By " reliable", I mean BB- type reliable.. or is this a mom and pop enterprise that is slow and not well- organized?

The " waitlisted" thing just isn't true!! I emailed them and they SAID I could join regardless. Of course, now I remember that they charged me but haven't sent anything LOL.

Anyway, their constant " waitlist" makes it seem like they are really popular. I'm starting to wonder judging by what is said here.
Have you emailed Christine directly? Often on Facebook, if someone is having an issue or challenge, there are posts that say to email Christine (the owner) directly. I think her email is [email protected]

Based on recent comments on Facebook, you pay for a month in advance. I dont know if you got acknowledgement for a May box, but there are a number of comments that say if you pay in April, you get May's box. And the boxes ship at the end of the month. So May's box just went out this week and people are starting to receive them.

Thank you. So I should receive May's box, right? I hope so, anyway. Otherwise, they are keeping 1 months' charge for nothing..

Originally Posted by TallCoolTexan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you. So I should receive May's box, right? I hope so, anyway. Otherwise, they are keeping 1 months' charge for nothing..
I don't think so. As far as I know, they do their boxes really weird. Like, you get the box for the month AFTER you pay. So if you pay May 5th, you'll get June's box, and it'll probably be after you get charged on June 5th. But then if you cancel, you'll get a box the month after you cancel since you already paid for it.

Their wonky charge/ship dates are one reason I don't subscribe to them. I've received 2 bonus boxes though.

I agree that their payment system is frustrating at the beginning.  I received my May box yesterday and I really like it! 

Her payment system is one of the reasons I hated them. My monthly billing date was on the 11th so I was paying about six week in advance for my box and would be charged the following month when that month's box had been sent out. Example, I paid for my October 2011 box on September 11 then my November box on October 11 and that was the month boxes didn't ship until near the end of October. I remember getting my October box on or the day after Halloween. That was also the month they sent out expired Sweet Riot chocolate and REFUSED to apologize about it or compensate members for it.

I ordered a May bonus box too...some nice stuff in it.  I mostly got what other people mentioned, and I also hate that I received the Green Body organics conditioner without the shampoo!!  However, I went on their website, and I was able to snag 2 shampoo and 2 conditioner samples for 1 cent (with a $4 shipping charge).  I really liked the replenishing shampoo that eco emi sent out in April.  I received a Revolution Organics lip gloss in integrity, but I already have that color.  Would anyone like to do a trade for the lip gloss (it's worth like $20)?  I'm not picky ... and it doesn't have to be another Eco-Emi item, it could be anything...and I mean anything lol!

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered a May bonus box too...some nice stuff in it.  I mostly got what other people mentioned, and I also hate that I received the Green Body organics conditioner without the shampoo!!  However, I went on their website, and I was able to snag 2 shampoo and 2 conditioner samples for 1 cent (with a $4 shipping charge).  I really liked the replenishing shampoo that eco emi sent out in April.  I received a Revolution Organics lip gloss in integrity, but I already have that color.  Would anyone like to do a trade for the lip gloss (it's worth like $20)?  I'm not picky ... and it doesn't have to be another Eco-Emi item, it could be anything...and I mean anything lol!
I received the same Revolution Organics lip gloss in Vibe, which is described as a warm peach.  Kind of like a warm darkish peach, I think.  I would be happy to swap if you can wear that color.  Or, PM me and let me know what you might like instead.  Thanks!

My box this month is missing the Lip Gloss AND Lip Balm listed on the Products Card. I emailed info@ecoemi and received a response from Christine in a mere hours. She said she'll mail me another box. I'll see what's in it when I get back from vacation next weekend. This is the first time something has gone wrong with my Eco Emi, and so far the CS is pretty good.

For those who may be interested, I did a rundown of all of the contents on my blog in my signature.  I'm actually relieved this box was a dud for me because I had already canceled, and I was afraid I would be regretting it now.  After seeing what's in there, um, not so much on the regretting canceling side.

ETA:  List o' stuff!  I didn't realize linking within the post was a violation of the ToS since the blog was already in my signature.

• Beeluxe Mangosteen & Pineapple candle (full-sized, 3.5 oz, $10) 
  • The All Natural Face lip gloss in Peppermint Icing (full-sized, 0.43 oz, $4.60) and Tangerine vegan lip exfoliant (sample size:  maybe half a teaspoon?  Full-sized version: $4.05 for 1 oz)
  • Glee Cinnamon Gum (2-piece sample.  Full-sized version:  12 packs for $10, although I'm not sure how big the packs are) 
  • The Seaweed Bath Company Wildly Natural Seaweed Argan Shampoo (unscented) and Conditioner (citrus) (no size listed on samples, but they're packets.  Full-sized version:  12 fl oz for $16.89) 
  • Ellbees Original (or it could be Sweet and Smoky.  One card says one thing, and the other card says the other) Garlic Seasoning and Rub (not sure of sample size.  Maybe 2 oz?  Full-sized:  8 oz for $8) 
  • Beanitos Pinto Beans and Flax Chips (1.25 oz sample.  Full-sized version: 6 oz for $3.05) 
  • Barleans Omega Swirl Vegan Oil in Blackberry and Fish Oil in Mango Peach (not sure of the size.  Full-sized:  8 oz for $13.99, 12 oz for $19.99, and 16 oz for $26.35)
  • Beeluxe Chocolat Lip Balm (full-sized, $3) 

Would you mind posting the contents here? By posting it on your blog and then linking it here is a Terms of Service rule violation. You can add your link to your signature and mention it's also on your blog that way you're in compliance with our forum rules. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm curious what others thought of some of the items in the box this month, especially the last four in the list above from meaganola.

I really liked the Beanitos chips.

I haven't tried the Omega Swirl Oils because I'm not sure how to use them. Does anyone have a favorite way?

My candle was unscented "Naked," which disappointed me, because I like the idea of Mangosteen and Pineapple. I can always use a good candle, though, so it is not wasted on me.

I liked the shampoo and conditioner, but my hair isn't dry or damaged, so it made my hair a little too soft. The unscented shampoo would be fantastic for someone sensitive to fragrance. I really like fragrance in my shampoo. The conditioner smelled lovely.

The lip gloss is nice. The lip balm was gross. I don't really know what to do with the lip exfoliant.

Has anyone tried the garlic rub? I was thinking of making garlic bread with it.

First thought.... Cookies! Then I saw pinto bean and was like "Eww! Pinto bean cookies! NASTY!" Then I saw it was chips, lol.

Back