Edgier makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm cool toned with pale skin, dark brown hair, and pale green eyes. I'd like to have some edgier makeup ideas because I generally do soft, romantic looks and I'd like to try something new. The only thing is, I never dress punky so I'd like to do something more retro-edgy because I dress pretty "classic" most of the time.

I was thinking about learning to do winged eyeliner but I have no idea where to begin. Any advice or other ideas?

you should check out the tutorials! the ladies here have put together some awsome instructionals to help us novices! i'm sure you'll find something that will peak you interest! let us know what you decide!

If you want edgier, you could try putting on more eyeliner than usual, and do your regular eye shadow, just a few shades lighter. Instead of a subtle smokey eye, go all out and do your whole lid. Instead of winged, go 60's and try a very heavy liner around the outer corners, but rounded for the more mod style.

Sure you can do edgier. What I think is a cool look is those girls that tie their hair up all knoty ( spelling? ) and usually wear a pretty bold colored lipstick and and heavy eye liner.

I don't think it would difficult to do, but it may be a bit shocking for people who know you.

Here's a link to a pretty helpful winged eye video tutorial (it shows a pretty fool proof way to get both sides even):

Welcome To Pursebuzz.com Blog Archive Winged Eyes

Also, browsing You Tube for makeup tutorials is great. I've gotten so many tips for hair and makeup on there and something about seeing it on a video is really helpful.

It isn't hard to do winged eyes. Just practice. Sometimes it helps to use pencil first - then go back over in liquid liner.

Back