EEK! My brother wrecked my mom´s car!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just called my mom only to find out that something happened last night. My brother was driving home from the club, one of his friends was with him. Apparently he was speeding and hit a deer (not sure if that´s actually true..sounds like my mom doesn´t believe this story), got off the road and hit something, the car jumped and then landed on the ground.

Thank god nobody was hurt!!!! But, apparently the car was a mess. His friend called an uncle who fixes cars and he came and got the car before the cops would show up, my brother spent the night at his friend´s house while the uncle did the best he could to fix whatever he could fix.

But still, my dad estimated that if we get everything fixed it will be up to $5000! Since the car is like 10years old they probably won´t get everything fixed, but of course my bro will still have to pay as much as he can for the repair work since it´s his fault. He´s always speeding, and when his friends are in the car with him he turns macho and drives carelessly.

I still feel bad for him cause he had a very physically challenging summer job where he made around $2000, and now I guess he´ll have to give all that money to my parents. And he´s still in high school so it´s not that he has tons of money.

I have yet to talk to him, so I HOPE he wasn´t driving drunk (which he never ever does, but who knows?). And again, thank god he didn´t get hurt. He´s 20, but still my baby bro lol

That sucks really bad...but why wont they just go buy another car then, since the cost to repair is probably more than what it is worth?

Aww I hope he didn't really hit a deer..im glad everyone else is okay too
smile.gif

OMG thank God nobody was hurt! I think maybe the fact that all he worked for this summer will have to go to the repair of the car will make him more responsible next time he thinks about speeding. This is not even about the car, something could have happened to him. Let's hope he doesn't do it again!

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That sucks really bad...but why wont they just go buy another car then, since the cost to repair is probably more than what it is worth? hm well a new car would be more than $5000 I think? I really don´t know. I think what they´ll do is have the basics fixed so you can drive it safely and it doesn´t look like a total wreck, and then buy a new one.
My mom was still somewhat in shock (she loved her car!) so I didn´t ask for details lol. And apparently my dad is super super pissed off, so I´m kinda glad I´m not anywhere near my parents house now
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG thank God nobody was hurt! I think maybe the fact that all he worked for this summer will have to go to the repair of the car will make him more responsible next time he thinks about speeding. This is not even about the car, something could have happened to him. Let's hope he doesn't do it again! yeah, that´s what I think will happen. He is very mature and responsible (lol for real!) so he´ll learn his lession. I was always speeding as well (cops are rare here in Austria lol) and only started slowing down when I got my first speeding ticket. Well the best lessions you learn you learn from mistakes!

Thats a very scary lesson - glad he is ok.

So is there blood and stuff all over the car from the deer? If he was speeding and hit the deer I would expect so.

I frequent car forums and they post pictures with deer encounters and lets just say they arent pretty and they get very, very ... gory.

The car might have to be sanitized for that too.

I'm saying all of that as well because if your mom doesnt buy the story... these are questions to consider.

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thats a very scary lesson - glad he is ok.
So is there blood and stuff all over the car from the deer? If he was speeding and hit the deer I would expect so.

I frequent car forums and they post pictures with deer encounters and lets just say they arent pretty and they get very, very ... gory.

The car might have to be sanitized for that too.

I'm saying all of that as well because if your mom doesnt buy the story... these are questions to consider.

yeah I thought you´d be able to tell if you hit a deer. My mom just said the side of the car is pretty wrecked. And since the car got pre-fixed (and maybe cleaned?) before my parents saw it I´ll have to ask my bro how it looked right after it happened.
I will definitely do some investigating
policeman.gif

Well, thankfully he's okay and including his friend. But sucks for him to pay all that money, and if he was speeding but not under the influence, now he knows better.

Latest posts

Back