Eek! my eyes lids are not shaped the same!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was playing around, and applying, reapplying, applying my eyeliner today. Just to see the different ways I can make my eyes look. I just noticed something -- my eye lids are not the same! I know that it's common for many people to have different features (e.g. one eye droops a tiny bit while the other doesn't), but I never noticed this before. It's only noticeable when I wear eyeliner. This is what happens when I apply eyeliner: one eye, the left, looks like it has a thicker line because it's closer to where my eye lid folds. The right eye, on the other hand, looks thinner b/c it seems that my eye lid folds higher on my right eye than my left, even though both lines are the same exact thickness. What should I do? Should I start applying the line on my left eye thinner or my right eye thicker? Thanks for the advice, ladies.

Hi, cal4ever!

You could do either one, depending on how comfortable you are with each. If you don't mind having your eyeliner really thin, you could apply the line on the left eye thinner. If you like a more dramatic look, just do the right eye thicker.
smile.gif

Either would work! Just remember that we're more critical of ourselves generally than others are of us. I'm sure no one else is going to notice.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi, cal4ever!
Either would work! Just remember that we're more critical of ourselves generally than others are of us. I'm sure no one else is going to notice.
wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestion! And I think you're right, no one really notices but us. I asked my fiance if he noticed anything weird about my eyes. After staring at my face for the next 5 minutes, he said "No, why, am I suppose to notice anything?"

I have a bit of the same problem
smile.gif
I just line my left eye a bit thicker since it tends to thin the liner. Everything has a solution lol

Back