Eewwww... Get It Off Me!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i don't know if anyone has had this problem, but it might of been caused by deoderants or just plain lack of exfoliation:

i have dark discoloration on my underarms (eewww...) is there anyway to get rid of them? i tried scrubbing, but it won't come off..so it can't be a stain.

i have that too. my under arms are dark. that's one of the reasons i don't like wearing tank tops
frown.gif

I have that too. I just assumed it was razor burn. I wonder if using a bha or aha lotion under my armpits would cause some freaky reaction or interfer with my deodorant...meh

I think it's a hyerpigmentation problem and the only thing that can help are lightening/fading products. (Used with AHA's to be more effective.) The same products used to fade dark spots on the face can be used on the underarms, but I don't know if it would interfere with your deodorant/antiperspirant. Maybe it would be best to apply the fade cream at night while you sleep.

It seems this is an issue a lot of women with darker skin tones suffer from.

in the june/july edition of shop, etc. magazine there is an article about deodorants. there is a little blurb about discoloration...

'After researchers at DERMAdoctor discovered that some ingredients in antiperspirants and deodorants can discolor the skin under your arms, they added kojic dipalmitate, a botanical skin brightener, to DERMAdoctor Total Nonscents Ultra Gentle Brightening Antiperspirant, $28(!!)(at sephora or dermadoctor dot coms). They claim it's gentle to use daily until skin tone evens out.'

That is what was written in the article. $28 for deodorant sounds ridiculous to me. the bottle looks cute though!
tongue.gif
maybe they have what ingredients cause the discoloration listed somewhere. then you could just look out for those...

Latest posts

Back