ELF Purchase Advice Sought :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love a bunch of their stuff, but like someone said, quality is random sometimes with the $1 stuff. I bought some of their $1 brushes a few years ago and they were amazing--I use some of them daily and they're still holding up great. I bought the same exact brushes at target some months ago and the quality was so bad that I found them pretty much unusable. I would avoid the $1 eyeshadow brushes just in case you get a bad batch. 

if you're looking to try out gel liners, I definitely second their cream liners :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Everyone raves about the cream liners and I just don't get it! lol...They don't stay put for me withou fist applying an an eyeliner. It's almost too creamy/watery for me. I soooo much prefer maybellinne's black gel liner. It's about 7 bucks at target, but I think you'll prefer it to the $3 ELF one. Also, I tend to avoid the $1 brushes, too. The heads are ALWAYS falling off...what a pain. I guess I could just crazy glue them in place, but why can't the manufacturer do that? All in all, i think you have some good stuff listed and the $2 deal looks amazing.  I may partake my damn self..lol

Thanks for all the info, ladies! I really do appreciate it. 

As soon as I get my order in, I post pics and reviews on the brushes. I'm really excited, this is probably my biggest make up order yet. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Their stuff is really random. My foundation turned really smelly like sulfur or something, along with the veil.. The brushes that came with them started peeling away on the handles and became reallllyyy sticky. It was weird. ;( I'm sure I got a bad batch or something. I do love their shadow brushes though and their smokey eye palettes, really cute.

Originally Posted by cursom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their stuff is really random. My foundation turned really smelly like sulfur or something, along with the veil.. The brushes that came with them started peeling away on the handles and became reallllyyy sticky. It was weird. ;( I'm sure I got a bad batch or something. I do love their shadow brushes though and their smokey eye palettes, really cute.

Yes, their quality control is hoooorrible!!!

i have an order on hold with them (meaning i have a shopping cart full).  i LOVE the cream liners, but found that using their concealer brush works way better for applying than the cruddy brush that comes with the liner itself.  the concealer brush is thin and the bristle head is tiny, just perfect for applying cream liner.  we have black, gunmetal and olive now, going to get like 4 more colors (the only other thing my daughter gets into besides nail polish is eyeliner).  i much prefer that to the pencils now, and definitely prefer it over the pens and liquid.  they do have a retractable mineral liner that i like - it goes on smoothly and has good color.

i love the angled eye brush and the shadow brushes.  the crease brushes are good too - not too big, not too small.  have a spongey smudger in my cart as we speak.

i like the hi def powder too, but make sure you have a kabuki type brush for it - the puff doesn't work so well with the powder, IMO.  i got the face kabuki when i bought my powder. 

they also carry a setting spray - like hairspray for your makeup - that i swear by.  i went out snowblowing and most of the snow was blown back into my face.  my hair was both frozen and dripping wet, my face was soaked, and my makeup did. not. budge. 

anyway.  happy shopping!

k

I'm getting really excited to play with my new stuff. It was shipped today so hoping it will be here next week.

Originally Posted by WiscoMama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

they also carry a setting spray - like hairspray for your makeup - that i swear by.  i went out snowblowing and most of the snow was blown back into my face.  my hair was both frozen and dripping wet, my face was soaked, and my makeup did. not. budge. 
YES the setting spray is AMAZING

I very rarely wear a full face of make up, mostly just eyeshadow over primer, is it still worth it?

I don't use any setting sprays and I wear full mineral foundation.  If you don't use foundation, you don't need a setting spray at the moment. 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I very rarely wear a full face of make up, mostly just eyeshadow over primer, is it still worth it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't use any setting sprays and I wear full mineral foundation.  If you don't use foundation, you don't need a setting spray at the moment. 

Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Since elf is having a Mineral Eyeshadow promo, I put together another order. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder - blushed/bronzed  e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush  e.l.f. Studio Stipple Brush  e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder  e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner - Copper e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner - Black  e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner - Purple  e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner - Coffee    e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Temptress (matte)  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Wild  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Sassy  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Socialite e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Earthy  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Elegant  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Golden  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Confident  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Caffeinated  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Celebrity 

I was thinking of doing the promo because I love the pigment eyeshadow I have which is in Celebrity. But I'm still not sure.

The promo is an amazing deal, but I feel I don't need anymore makeup. I've tried quite a bit from them and am not sure what I'd get next to make it $25.

My first order should be delivered sometime today. Bad part is I have a mtg I have to go to from 1 - 5 so I just *know* that is when it will get here! 

Order placed! This time I decided the extra $3 was worth it and upgraded the shipping to 3 day. I simply can't take waiting over a week to play. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love their black gel liner, but the other colors are not very pigmented, even with layering them over and over. Not a fan.

I do like their blushes a lot, as well as their blush brush. I actually use it as an all over powder brush instead though because it's so large. 

Originally Posted by SarahJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love their black gel liner, but the other colors are not very pigmented, even with layering them over and over. Not a fan.

I do like their blushes a lot, as well as their blush brush. I actually use it as an all over powder brush instead though because it's so large. 
Thanks for the heads up on the eyeliners!

I love elf products.

For eyes:

Their $1 eye primer from the essentials line is fantastic. The elf studio creme eyeshadows, elf studio creme eyeliners, Essentials waterproof eyeliner pen, mineral eyeshadows (I have them all and use them all the time)

For lips:

I also love their Studio glitter glosses, Studio lip stains, Studio conditioning balm with spf 15 in the pot, lip lock pencil, 

For Face:

I am obsessed with their Studio line blushes. I have ALL of them. Makeup mist and set, Studio Contouring blush and bronzing powder, 

Brushes:

Studio brushes and a couple of the essential brushes are ok. Brush cleaner and Brush shampoo are good too!

Misc:

Zip Zapper

Thanks for the info! I'll have to include a couple of those in my next order. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Trying to limit myself to one a month. (yeah right! LOL)

Back