ELF Purchase Advice Sought :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thinking of taking advantage of elf's current promo:

Quote: Sweetheart Collection for only $2.00! On orders $20 or more, add the Sweetheart Collection (SKU 51245) to your shopping bag creating a minimum cart value of $50. Then use code SWEET at checkout to get the Collection for only $2.00 - Regularly $30! Limit 1 per customer. Offer cannot be combined with other promotions, coupon codes, or applied to previous purchases. Ends 1/30!

So this is what I am thinking of getting:

e.l.f. Essential Dual Pencil Sharpener - $1 e.l.f. Studio Large Brush Holder  - $15 e.l.f. Collections Sweetheart Collection - $30 e.l.f. Essential Travel Mirror - $1 e.l.f. Essential Brow Comb + Brush - $1 e.l.f. Essential Eyelash & Brow Wand - $1 e.l.f. Essential Total Face Brush - $1   After taxes, shipping and promo code used, it comes to $28.95.   I'm not familiar with e.l.f. so I am curious how good a deal I am getting with the products I am getting.   Any and all advice would be great! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
e.l.f. Essential Dual Pencil Sharpener - $1 e.l.f. Studio Large Brush Holder  - $15 e.l.f. Collections Sweetheart Collection - $30 e.l.f. Essential Travel Mirror - $1 e.l.f. Essential Brow Comb + Brush - $1 e.l.f. Essential Eyelash & Brow Wand - $1 e.l.f. Essential Total Face Brush - $1
I have e.l.f. Essential Dual Pencil Sharpener, Brow Comb + Brush and the Eyelash & Brow Wand and those work fine. I say skip the total face brush, I have that as well, and don't care for it.

I would suggest:

Angled Eyeliner Brush $3

Stipple Brush $3

Complexion Brush $3 - pretty much the same thing as the Total Face Brush.

Smudge Eye Sponge - $1 - I need to get myself a few more of these babies. It's a rubber tip and it works great as an "eraser" if you mess up on liquid liner or mascara accidentally gets on your skin.

This is the ELF kit:

Pamper yourself or a loved one with the Sweetheart Collection! These beloved products for your eyes, lips and face were hand-selected to leave you feeling absolutely beautiful for Valentine's Day or any day. Achieve bright eyes with the 32-Piece Endless Eyes Pro Mini, shimmering cheeks with the Shimmer Palette, pretty in pink lips with Glossy Gloss, and so much more!

Set includes:

Set may come packaged as individual items

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have e.l.f. Essential Dual Pencil Sharpener, Brow Comb + Brush and the Eyelash & Brow Wand and those work fine. I say skip the total face brush, I have that as well, and don't care for it.

I would suggest:

Angled Eyeliner Brush $3

Stipple Brush $3

Complexion Brush $3 - pretty much the same thing as the Total Face Brush.

Smudge Eye Sponge - $1 - I need to get myself a few more of these babies. It's a rubber tip and it works great as an "eraser" if you mess up on liquid liner or mascara accidentally gets on your skin.
Yay!! I dropped the face brush and sharpener, realized I didnt have any traditional pencil eye/lipliners! (lol)

I picked up the angled brush and smudge eye sponge.

Thank you!!

I really don't mind their brushes personally.  I have had no problems with any of them so far.  I've def had my eye on that brush holder though lol

All my brushes are over two years old that I bought at Wal-Greens. I'm shocked they have lasted this long but that was also with very light use. Now that I am using them more often, they are starting to fall apart so now I am in the brush market. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All my brushes are over two years old that I bought at Wal-Greens. I'm shocked they have lasted this long but that was also with very light use. Now that I am using them more often, they are starting to fall apart so now I am in the brush market. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah I have a couple brushes from walgreens too and they've lasted me like 10 years

I like their lip glosses and polishes and that is it....Lots of people rave about it, but thats about all I'll buy from them

Originally Posted by PiggyDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like their lip glosses and polishes and that is it....Lots of people rave about it, but thats about all I'll buy from them

Well...the collection I got today has a little bit of everything so here is hoping I agree with you and then some! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

...I try :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Someone tempted me a while back ^^^ (Bonnie) on the cream liner.  I love love love the black.  I'm so glad I had bought 3!   The high def powder is really good too.  

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...I try :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Someone tempted me a while back ^^^ (Bonnie) on the cream liner.  I love love love the black.  I'm so glad I had bought 3!   The high def powder is really good too.  

hahahaha...me tempt?  no waaaaay

I love everything that ELF has just buy it online and not in a store.. the stuff in the store is usually really old if you buy online its really awesome there shadows are pigmented fairly and last all day the brushes work well I own 2 of them a blending brush and a smudging one. The foundation is awesome so if your on a budget like me I would consider making a purchase with them there great with returns and stand by there products. 

Happy Shopping 

Angela 

Some of their products are great for the price and some of them show the price in their quality. It's a hit and a miss with them and some of their policies need to be looked at, but I think ELF is a great line for someone just getting into makeup that doesn't want to spend a fortune until they know that they like makeup. I don't think the quality would deter anyone from liking the whole makeup world just make them more appreciative of the better quality lines.

Latest posts

Back