Embarrassing Moments: Laughter is Good for You

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stressful days invite comic relief. Doctors realize that laughter can enhance physical and mental health. Now it seems even looking forward to laughter can be good for you.

Lee Berk, MD, a University of California Irvine medical professor, and his associates have for years investigated how moods affect immune systems and illness. They've found laughter has a role in fighting viruses, bacteria, cancer and heart disease.

In honor of good health, MuT shares with you a compilation of embarrassing moments and stories scoured from various sources. Besides making you giggle, these stories will make you glad that you are you!

ccembardog.jpg
ccembarradog.jpg
ccembarrassedcat.jpg
ccembarassanimal.jpg

EmbaRrasSing MomEnts

The girl I was dancing with wore a bareback top which was tied up with some laces at the back. As I was leading her through a spin my hand got caught up in said laces and the resulting tug left her 'uncovered'. Her top didn't completely come off; it sort of hung around her waist. Fortunately she was cool about it.

My most embarrassing moment was when I was in fifth grade. The teacher was talking about sea life. She asked the class what the things are on an octopus. I proudly announced, “testicles.†The entire class started cracking up. I though I was going to die.

The office where I'd just started working held a farewell dinner for a senior executive at a new local Mexican restaurant. Everybody had settled in and ordered and a few minutes later a waiter appeared with dips and corn chips. What a great restaurant, I thought, supplying free nibbles before the main course. I politely handed them round the table. I was just imagining what a good impression I was making when my boss leant over and murmured in my ear: "Do you realize that's my entree you're offering everyone?"

My sister and I were at the mall and passed by a store that sold a variety of nuts. As we were looking at the display case, the boy behind the counter asked if we needed any help. I replied, "No, I'm just looking at your nuts." My sister started to laugh hysterically, the boy grinned, and I turned beet-red and walked away. To this day, my sister has never let me forget.

While in line at the bank one afternoon, my toddler decided to release some pent-up energy and ran amok. I was finally able to grab hold of her after receiving looks of disgust and annoyance from other patrons. I told her that if she did not start behaving "right now" she would be punished. To my horror, she looked me in the eye and said in a voice just as threatening, "If you don't let me go right now, I will tell Grandma that I saw you kissing Daddy's pee-pee last night!" The silence was deafening after this enlightening exchange. Even the tellers stopped what they were doing. I mustered up the last of my dignity and walked out of the bank with my daughter in tow. The last thing I heard when the door closed behind me was screams of laughter.

"It was the day before my eighteenth birthday. I was living at home, my parents had gone out for the evening, so I invited my girlfriend over for a romantic night alone. As we lay in bed after making love, we heard the telephone ring downstairs. I suggested to my girlfriend that I give her a piggyback ride to the phone. Since we didn't want to miss the call, we didn't have time to get dressed. "When we got to the bottom of the stairs, the lights suddenly came on and a whole crowd of people yelled, 'SURPRISE!' My entire family aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins and all my friends were standing there! My girlfriend and I were frozen in a state of shock and embarrassment for what seemed like an eternity. "Since then, no one in my family has planned a surprise party again."

My most embarrassing moment is probably when I was 7 or 8. My school was performing A Midsummer Nights Dream...I was a fairy, and when I was going to say my line, I was so nervous I peed myself while the spotlight was on me.

Our daughter Ashley was five years old and had just watched Home Alone on video. I guess a few lines of the dialogue made an impression on her. The next night, our friends came over for dinner. We decided to order pizza. When the doorbell rang, I gave Ashley a $20 bill. One of the guests suggested that the deliveryman keep the change. Ashley opened the door, took the pizza box, and handed the young man the money. ‘Keep the change, you filthy animal,’ she said.

One year my father went to the store to pick up something my mother needed. He had this routine with the automatic garage door: He would pull into the driveway and beep once. One of us would press the door opener, and he would pull in and park. That day, when he beeped, my sister ran and pushed the button. But my uncle didn’t realize my sister had already done it, and hearing someone shout something about the garage door, he went and pressed the button. My father was just pulling in when the garage door same down on top of the car and trapped him inside. Everyone knew he was furious. He had to climb over the backseat to get out. We all knew what was coming, so we went out the back door, abandoning the house.

We are in the throes of potty training our 2 ½ year old daughter. You might catch my husband and me engaged in the Poo-Poo Dance, which we do to celebrate another successful visit to the potty. This usually occurs in the evening, in the powder room, which is off the kitchen. We actually have words to the song, and when we finish, we clap and high-five. This means dropping whatever we’re doing at the time. We’re worried we might forget where we are sometime and perform the Poo-Poo Dance in a restaurant.

... And lastly, I will insert my own embarrassing moment here:

When I was in high school, I worked at a movie theatre concession stand selling popcorn and candy. A VERY cute 20 year old man came up to the counter and asked for some M & M's. I felt a bit flustered since I was attracted to him. My speech was affected when I asked, "would you like PLAIN or PENIS M & M's?" I had just realized what I'd said when he started cracking up and he said, "Well I was going to get peanuts ... but now I think I'll get plain." LOL. DOH!!!

newstar.gif
Please Note: The animal art used in this post is by Georg Williams. I found it at this url. You can

e-mail Gerog Williams at [email protected]

Back