• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about the trial sized kit too!  I feel like I could buy one of those a month (ish) and be fine.. honestly, you don't need very much shampoo or conditioner to get it all up in your hair (and I have SO MUCH HAIR.. I'm normally dumping buckets of shampoo into my hand.. but this I really think I could ration).  And you don't need a ton of the styling stuff either!  But I'm the same way.  I want more than just the No Frizz GWP... but I also don't want to go back to my Lush shampoo (darn you, SLS..) after last night :/ (now it sounds like I had some kind of an *amazing* night with a shampoo/conditioner line.. and y'know.. I did.. it just sounds like I'm breaking up with a bad boyfriend or something! hahaha)
Well, if I can have that kind of experience with my hair, I'm sold!  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   (And I'm not exclusively using one particular brand, so I wouldn't even have to have the awkward breakup conversation.)

My Origins order already shipped! I hope it gets here fast so I can reorder anything I love =)

Also this would be nice for mothers day...(sorry can't make it smaller)
day3message.jpg

For those interested in the Origins recycle program, they have a bin that you just drop in your products (any cosmetics/baths and body, excluding mascara). I keep a bin under my sink for empty products. When I make a visit to the mall I just fill up a bag with recycling. Typical samples are foils, 2-week supply, or they can make you a sample. I normally get the 2-week ones but I have lucked out with a double-ended lip gloss wand, .24 oz Drink Up lip balm, and a travel size (2.5 oz I think) Ginger Float body wash. Great way to do something good and get rewarded!

There is a new groupon for The Body Shop! $15 for $30 worth of goods- in store only.

There is a new groupon for The Body Shop! $15 for $30 worth of goods- in store only.
It makes me so sad that all the ones in Houston are closed except for the one at the airport. Maybe I'll snatch one up anyways because I've got 2 flights for sure in July and August and possibly a 3rd for work.

I've been having a really crappy day so I pulled the trigger on the Origins deal and now I'm trawling through Blackheart's 30% flash sale because these days nothing makes me happier than buying cute bras and panties (I swear they've got a 25% off "sale" every single day anyways).

I just got an order from Paula's Choice with the Nude Matte eyeshadow palette, and I thought I'd post the swatches here in case anyone was considering it:

No primer:

P1160526.JPG

Primer (TheBalm's Put A Lid On It): 

P1160536.JPG

(More info & pics & review on my blog if you're interested. The link is in my signature.)

Origins order in! Tried to post a pic but MUT hates me. Got the checks and balances 1.7 ounce for 12 bucks, 3 samples, used the WELCOME code, and 4.5% on ebates! Not bad for $12.85 shipped!

I just got an order from Paula's Choice with the Nude Matte eyeshadow palette, and I thought I'd post the swatches here in case anyone was considering it:

No primer:

P1160526.JPG

Primer (TheBalm's Put A Lid On It): 

P1160536.JPG

(More info & pics & review on my blog if you're interested. The link is in my signature.)
Wow the power of primer!

My thought exactly!

Well, it's official.  I'm in love with Living Proof's PHD line.  My hair is completely functional and silky and I feel like I got a blowout even though I just flipped my hair upside down and blow dried it (not very fancily, or gracefully, I might add!).  Now, Ulta, come up with more GWP's please!

Edit: OF COURSE Sephora would have it as a sample right now.
I am thinking of trying the PHD or the full volume kit. I tried samples of the oribe color shampoo and conditioner and loved it, but I also want to trying Living Proof cus I have heard sooo much good things about it. 

....I loved the crazy large size of the old thread...but here's my first deal that I've come across - its for dermstore.com/or blush.com:

20% off any purchase (some brands are excluded but it even applies to the April Blush Mystery Box!). Enter code SAVE20 at checkout. Expires May 3.

I'm bummed that what I needed to buy is out of stock but I will check again before the sale ends this weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
psstttt...

At Macy's

Too Faced Candy Bar Pop-Out Makeup Palette & Phone Case is now $15.00 - normally $25.00!

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/too-faced-candy-bar-pop-out-makeup-palette-phone-case?ID=1219867&CategoryID=55537&RVI=Browse_1

AND

Receive a FREE 3-Pc. Gift with $50 Too Faced purchase. Gift includes deluxe Tinted Beauty Balm Nude, deluxe Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and deluxe Lip Injection.
 I cannot post the pic, because this site doesn't support the *tif extension file type - but here is the link to the GWP http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/receive-a-free-3-pc-gift-with-50-too-faced-purchase?ID=1252913&CategoryID=65781#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D66%26ruleId%3D52%26slotId%3D1%26kws%3Dtoo%20faced

I bought 2 of the Too Faced Candy Bar Pop-Out Makeup Palette & Phone Case for my nieces and got the Too Face Matte Eyeshadow Collection for moi and that meant I qualified for the GWP and free shipping!

and macys has 6% back on ebates!
I knew I forgot to post that!! yes, I also used ebates.  My May payment is going to be over 100.00 bucks!! yeah!!   I started using ebates last december and I wonder why I didn't earlier1

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back