Enlighten me

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just read this online:

"I finally caved in and bought a foundation brush and I absolutely love it. I'm sure they've been around forever but I just discovered it!!

I use liquid foundation and it's great to not have to use my fingers to apply it. I searched eBay to get one cheap, didn't find one at that time. This one cost $30 but it's very nice...just had to share!!"

Ok, why do you need a brush to spackle on foundation? It sounds awful. Will someone explain the appeal of brushing on foundation? Thanks.

mutfoundation.gif

Originally Posted by Californian I just read this online:
"I finally caved in and bought a foundation brush and I absolutely love it. I'm sure they've been around forever but I just discovered it!!

I use liquid foundation and it's great to not have to use my fingers to apply it. I searched eBay to get one cheap, didn't find one at that time. This one cost $30 but it's very nice...just had to share!!"

Ok, why do you need a brush to spackle on foundation? It sounds awful. Will someone explain the appeal of brushing on foundation? Thanks.

mutfoundation.gif

Well,It's supposed give smoother more even coverage but didn't do it for me..I found application streaky causing me to have to go back over with a sponge..So I figured I'd cut out the middle man and stick with the sponge strictly..Just another ploy by the makeup company's to get us to spend more

Ok dokay ... if you really gotta have it, maybe you should just go down to the hobby shop and get a paintbrush. Pick up some shellac while you're at it to seal it in. Then walk on over to the sequin departement and give self a Gwen Steffani bindi for an extra glam look. I'm sure they have some cement glue too.
icon_eek.gif

LOL!

I think it's easier to use my fingers to apply liquid foundation too! But, I have tried using a brush for MAC studiotech, and it looks ok. Supposed to be more sheer than using a sponge. But I'll have to compare some more
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Ok dokay ... if you really gotta have it, maybe you should just go down to the hobby shop and get a paintbrush. Pick up some shellac while you're at it to seal it in. Then walk on over to the sequin departement and give self a Gwen Steffani bindi for an extra glam look. I'm sure they have some cement glue too.
icon_eek.gif

I"ve heard that the foundation goes on nice if you use a brush. It suppose to give more even and natural coverage. I've never used a brush because I'm just too lazy. I like to just apply it with fingers. I've tried with a sponge but I just don't get the same even application I do with fingers. Some foundations are easier to blend than others and using a brush might work better for some foundations.

True.. fingers work just fine for putting foundation here and there. Sponges slather it everywhere. Your fingers give you better spot coverage. Could makeup companies possibly invent a better applicator than nature has??

Although... a brush sounds very artistic. I guess that would be good for highlighting.

redface.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I"ve heard that the foundation goes on nice if you use a brush. It suppose to give more even and natural coverage. I've never used a brush because I'm just too lazy. I like to just apply it with fingers. I've tried with a sponge but I just don't get the same even application I do with fingers. Some foundations are easier to blend than others and using a brush might work better for some foundations.

Hi Girls, I have a Bare Esc Foundation Brush. I have used the brush to apply foundation but found that it took ages to smooth out and blend. Now i just apply my liquid foundation with my fingers which i feel works better, and has the advantage of body heat which helps with the application and blending. However the brush hasn't gone to waste because it's excellent for applying cream eyeshadows and highlighters and the side of the brush is perfect for applying concealor.All in all its quite useful to have.

Latest posts

Back