Epidermx

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Kim, last night I used the Epidermx for 1/2 hour and I think my face is still hurting!LOL I applied a small amount on different sections of my face and took about 5 minutes for each section before moving on to the next. My face was red for a couple of hours but then it was just glowing after that. While I love the outcome, and I think it's the first time I did it correctly, I'm wondering if this is normal? I guess my face hasn't felt that kind of massage before so it takes some getting used to or possibly I did it too hard?

Originally Posted by envymi I tried Epidermix before...it was ok, but I needed some kind of stronger exfoliation. I've been using microdermabrasion cloths and I love them! I've even used them on my stretch marks and in a month, they're almost unnoticable! Where do you get these microdermbrasion cloths?

oops
icon_redface.gif
I got to exited for these and didn't keep reading the thread

Originally Posted by Naturally I use it and am a distributor! I love it and a jar even though pricey ...lasts quite awhile! I have a microdermabrasion cloth ..and it doesn't seem to get nearly as good as the Epidermx. It's comparible to all the other dermbrasion products out there, however Epidermx doesn't have fillers or chemicals in it ..it's all pure and natural. If you use it for 10- 15 seconds then it's just an exfoliator ...but if you use it the correct way, where it should take approx. 30 mins to do the whole face, then you have the dermabrasion aspect.
I have scars on my face from a car accident and using the Epidermx has made that scar tissue area much thinner vs thick. I had surgery to remove a fatty tissue lump and used it on that area after it healed and it made that scar almost gone (where it was bumpy from the way the doctor stitched it).

You can read more about Epidermx at www.epiderm.net and then I have a link in my signature!

Does this Epidermx work good on surgical scars?

Kim i usually apply Clarins Beauty Flash Balm afterwards, do you think thats ok?

A g/f had me try her Microdermx sample in late Jan and I loved it! .

I picked up an Epidermx sample to try a few weeks later (because it's quite cheaper) but didn't have as great an experience. It didn't seem to have quite the same amount of aluminum oxide crystals in it and hence didn't feel it did quite as good a job (but VERY VERY close). Maybe I just got a "Friday" jar or pehaps some of the crystals settled to the bottom.

The only difference between the two is that Microdermx contains one additional ingredient, caprylic acid. "Caprylic acid is the common name for the eight-carbon straight chain fatty acid known by the systematic name octanoic acid. It is found naturally in coconuts and breast milk." I agree with Kim about most of the other home dermabrading products containing extraneous fillers and yucko chemicals. You're abrading your skin and hence it's more susceptible to harm, so you have to be careful about what's in the product during and immediately after the process.

Next jar will be Epidermx because it's less expensive and the same good stuff in it. But, I've recently ordered the plain corundum (aluminum oxide) crystals in a more intense grit from a company (really cheap!) and will either be adding them to the jar or mixing them in with a good base to use seperately on a few small areas of deeper lines. Love experimenting - LOL.

Same as Kim, it takes me about a half hour to do a thorough job. If you don't get to the "ball up" stage, you're just exfoliating, which is ok if that's all you want to accomplish.

As for effectiveness, I saw results after the 2nd application and by week 4-5 I saw really great results in almost total elimination of the finer lines around my mouth an chin area and a definite decrease in the deeper lines plus a lessening of visible pore depth. I only had a few small scars from "life" and it lessened their visibility too.

Kathy

Originally Posted by Naturally Hmmm I wonder how the crystals would work in ..aloe or something. I might have to look into getting those crystals ..just to experiment ..I like to do that too! And I've tried handheld machines ...I just don't the deep down clean silky feeling afterwards. It would be nice to have it done automated ..but then again ..using my fingers ..I can feel it better! Kim, PM me offline and I'll be happy to send you a little container of the crystals - the UPS man just delivered them 5 min ago - whoo hooo! Yes, aloe might be a good base - or maybe mango butter. Not sure how they'd work in something like EVOO or camellia oil. I think any oil would have to be light enough so the hollow crystals would not get clogged by the oil alone - it's our dead cells they're supposed to be picking up. I'm sure I'll experiment with a number of things tho - ha.
My thinking right now is the simplest and most natural base possible. I don't think it's important what it is, as long as it's NOT a bad chemical or additive because of the abrading process itself exposing fresh skin. Simple and natural would be the best. I think it is VERY important what you put on immediately AFTER ... and even the next morning (I do my dermabrasion at night) to help with the healing and regeneration!

Quote:
The lines on my forehead took MUCH longer to go away ..but that's okay because I know it can happen. And it just keeps getting better and better! I think it takes longer because the skin there is almost right against the bone - not much depth of fat or cells there. I've only recently started on forehead lines because, well, I don't think they're that deep in the first place and, this is going to sound weird, what is there doesn't bother me. Same thing with my laugh lines at the side of my eyes - I'm ok with them - shows I've laughed and smiled and lived
smile.gif
But I DO want to keep them from getting too deep or too long!
Kathy

Latest posts

Back