Essence makeup is now in Canada

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to purchase a few Essence products as they are so darn inexpensive.

Does anyone have a recommendation or warning about any of their products.

Thanks everyone.

I have tried a few so far and like it. I like their lipsticks, lipglosses, and I tried their blush from the Legends of the Sky collection. Very good products so far.

Edited to add: I did try on of their single eyeshadows, forget the name but it looked like MAC's Sushi Flower, and it was a dud. So not sure how their eyeshadows fare.

I loooove essence!

Over that past couple months I've picked up a ton of stuff.. 

I have a matte bronzer in the "blondes lighter skin" shade, you get a ton of product too, the pan is massive! I also have three blushes, which are freaking fantastic. A water proof liquid liner, a pair of lashes, a nude lipstick and a waterproof mascara.

Here are some swatches of the blushers =)

Top left #10 adorable, Top Right #30 secret-it-girl, and bottom left #40 natural beauty

L to R - #10 adorable, #30 secret-it-girl, and #40 natural beauty

I tried an Essence eyeliner pencil a few months ago and was not impressed. It was so hard that it hurt to apply it to my lash line. I don't know if I got a bad one of if they are all like that.

Essence is a good brand for the low cost that they have. They have okay mascaras, their lipglosses are really nice and not sticky, and they have a great concealer palette (I forgot what it's called but it has 4 shades and it works like a high-end concealer) that stays on for a long time.

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Essence is expensive in Canada? Here in the US, it is the cheapest brand in our Ulta stores! They have okay mascaras, their lipglosses are really nice and not sticky, and they have a great concealer palette (I forgot what it's called but it has 4 shades and it works like a high-end concealer) that stays on for a long time.
She said inexpensive

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She said inexpensive
*facepalms myself because I didn't have my contacts in when I read that, proceeds to edit post*

You wouldn't believe how often I do that LOL! Although my reason is I have a habit of skimming.

I purchased an XXXLshine lip gloss in #07 Big Night Out (soft shimmery rose) and Stay With Me lipgloss 08 Deep Rose.

Love how they feel - love the colours - I highly recommend them!

There were only a few colours of lipstick to chose from - either too dark or too light.

In September, I'm going to get a blush and eye make up.

Thanks again for the recs.

Hmm..I like Essence, for the price that you pay it's pretty good.
Also, a lot of their products are paraben free or have only a few  in them. Which is good.

As for the eyeliner, I think you may have got the dud, @Page5 because the ones that I have are very very soft. I use the black khol liner as a black base for smokey eyes. 
I am, however, totally in love with their waterproof liquid liner. I don't know about how waterproof it it, because it will rub off..but it doesn't seem to run, which is good.

I also like their eyebrow pencils.

The "Get big!" mascara is pretty alright too.
Wasn't sold on it initially, but after a couple weeks of use, it dries up ever so slightly and becomes a better consistency in my opinion. But I also feel this about a lot of mascaras. 
I still prefer Benefit's BadGal lash, but that's much pricier.. 

And, that's about all of the Essence I've tried yet.

Using the liquid liner & mascara:

Latest posts

Back