Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah, to each his own. Before last year, I used to think $10 foundation was expensive...now, I drop $$$ on makeup like no other (and I'm a poor grad student spending money I shouldn't be lol...but I rationalize that if it makes me happy + something I'll use it, why not?)

EL DW didn't work for me, but if it works for you, then you should definitely do it! Another solution would be to look through blogsales or do swaps, so it'd be cheaper? but you do it at the risk that the owner of it before was dirty, it's been sitting there for a long time, etc...sooooo....: Also foundation lasts a long time, and is the only item I feel like is worth dropping the most money on.

Ehh, it lasts me almost an entire year, so in the grand scheme of things, that's just pennies lol. imo makeup that doesn't work well for you just isn't worth the money, no matter the cost--I've tried cost-equivalent eyeliners that gave me panda eyes, and they just rot in my bag because I never want to use them. One of my favorite foundations is only $15 but works great, whereas the most expensive I've tried--a $60 Lancome foundation--was absolutely terrible and made my skin worse over time.

It's not so much about price, it's about what works best for you specifically :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. With say, Bearpaws and Uggs, comfort and durability are essentially held constant, so your main consideration is the brand. Makeup isn't really like that, since it's specific blends of chemical ingredients reacting with your skin--certain products just don't work for your skin type, certain ingredients have unpleasant side effects, something could make your skin look greasy or dry it out, something might last all day while another thing lasts an hour, something might smudge, etc.

But I agree, there are a lot of great, cheap dupes out there that work almost as well, if not just as good, as more expensive alternatives.

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow...$25 for eyeliner?!? I would absolutely never even think about paying that much for eyeliner, or any makeup that wasn't going over my whole face i.e. foundation! . . I would also never dream of buying Uggs when I can get Bear Paws which are essentially the same thing for 1/3 of the price!

This brand is very expensive. but if you regularly use make up and you think this is a good investment, then go for it. =)

Originally Posted by sachi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This brand is very expensive. but if you regularly use make up and you think this is a good investment, then go for it. =)
I wear foundation everyday that I leave the house, which is at least 6 days a week, but is usually all 7. I agree that it's quite expensive, but I'm super impressed with it.

Back