Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a free sample of this foundation tonight when I went to Macys, and WOW! I am IMPRESSED! The coverage is absolutely awesome, and even after hours on, and walking around the mall, eating wings and wiping my face with a napkin, most of it was still there. If I like it after trying it for a couple days (I got a 10 day sample), I might buy it...but I'm not sure since a bottle of it is $36...is it worth it? I mean, I probably have about $60 worth of foundation that I hate that I've collected over the past year or so...so I'm thinking the answer is yes.   Thoughts? Opinions?   Also, about how long will a bottle last? I mean, I realize that with this foundation, a little goes a long way so...

If you are squealing about how much you love it, it doesn't irritate your skin at all, and you can afford it then I say go for it. I am rarely that impressed with foundations so I would jump on one if you love it.

Also, I wouldn't keep foundation for years, either.. not good for your face.. I go through foundation pretty quickly, within months, so I buy 2-3 a year? Maybe that's not so quick..I dunno lol, but that's me.

I don't have anything I've had for "years". My oldest stuff is probably about a year old, and it's powder which I know lasts longer than liquid. Probably about half the stuff I have I bought within the last 2 months.

I'm not sure if I love it enough to buy it...but I am extremely impressed. It's definitely the best foundation I've tried, but I'm not sure if there's something better? Maybe less expensive? I'm over drugstore makeup...I've tried most of the big brands (Revlon, Covergirl, Maybelline etc.) and I don't like any of them.

I use it and like it. If you do decide to purchase, wait until el has a gwp deal going on (that is how I started using it), so you can get some free items.

I honestly don't wear any makeup other than foundation unless I'm going out (which happens once a month at most). I just hate my skin -- it's uneven, has breakouts, and a fair amount of dark acne scars. So I just wear foundation to cover that up. I hate looking like I'm wearing makeup unless I'm going out.

For high end, the price seems average. If you're pleased with the results, I'd say go for it. It meets your expectations and that's the most important part.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For high end, the price seems average. If you're pleased with the results, I'd say go for it. It meets your expectations and that's the most important part.
I feel like it's on the more expensive end. Clinique is much cheaper (cheaper by at least $10 for most all of their foundations) and many MAC products are cheaper...I don't know. It just seems like a lot for makeup! But if it's something that'll last awhile, it might be worth it since it does work nicely.

I've had it on for a good part of the day, and even took a nap, and it's still on. THAT'S impressive!

I don't consider either to be that high end... More introductory, if that makes sense. Keep shopping around, if the price concerns you. Try Sephora for a color match and see if they offer something comparable in a price you're more comfortable with.

No, that doesn't really make sense...but okay. I do consider those to be higher end makeup companies, but of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. 

I just checked the Sephora website, and they have nothing comparable and cheaper.

You say you haven't found one that works as well as the Lauder, you say you were very happy with the performance of the product, why are you still wondering if you should buy it?

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You say you haven't found one that works as well as the Lauder, you say you were very happy with the performance of the product, why are you still wondering if you should buy it?
Because I'm a poor college student. This foundation costs what I make in a day of work! (And I only work 1 day a week).

Will anyone be asking what you would like for a gift in the near future (xmas, birthday, etc)?

Yeah, I'll have to make a Christmas list, but I don't want to get it, absolutely fall in love with it, and then decide I can't really afford it...and nobody in my family really wears makeup, so they probably wouldn't be super keen on getting it for me as a present (my mom for example would think it was a gross waste of money).

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will anyone be asking what you would like for a gift in the near future (xmas, birthday, etc)?
This is a good idea. Maybe ask for a gift certificate if anyone asks for your wishlist.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is a good idea. Maybe ask for a gift certificate if anyone asks for your wishlist.
My family doesn't give gift certificates. 

I'll probably just bite the bullet and buy it myself since I'm so impressed with it.

I've decided: I'm gonna splurge and go for it. After wearing it for 2 full days, I can say that I'm just as impressed and happy with it now as I was when the consultant put it on in the store. For example, today, I was running around like a madwoman, and I definitely did sweat a bit, and my makeup still looks perfect! Perfect! I also love how it feels on and how easily it blends. I honestly don't think there's another foundation that will impress me this much or more, so it makes sense.

you get a lot of usage out of most makeup products, so if you find your 'holy grail' item, just go for it. e.g., the eyeliner I buy is like $25, which is more expensive than the $4 dupes out there--but it lasts me a good 8 or so months of everyday use, so it's totally worth it. If there is literally nothing else you like, it's a worthwhile investment.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you get a lot of usage out of most makeup products, so if you find your 'holy grail' item, just go for it. e.g., the eyeliner I buy is like $25, which is more expensive than the $4 dupes out there--but it lasts me a good 8 or so months of everyday use, so it's totally worth it. If there is literally nothing else you like, it's a worthwhile investment.
Wow...$25 for eyeliner?!? I would absolutely never even think about paying that much for eyeliner, or any makeup that wasn't going over my whole face i.e. foundation!

But then again, the eyeliner that has stolen my heart is Covergirl's Perfect Point Plus which is about $6, and I'm absolutely in love with it. It's creamy, applies smoothly, blends nicely and lasts forever on!

To each their own though. I would also never dream of buying Uggs when I can get Bear Paws which are essentially the same thing for 1/3 of the price! 

It's a matter of personal taste for some. With that reasoning, why would anyone pay for lattes? They can make a perfectly decent cup of coffee at home. Maybe more than taste, but finances and other things to consider, but to each their own. I own a good mix of drugstore and high end beauty stuff. I'm a fan of dupes and affordability, but I'll definitely shell out $$ for great products with quality and performance. I think that's almost every member here. Plus, an HG item? Hands down makes it a winner. That's when you start looking at beauty products as investments, not just fun and eye liner.

Latest posts

Back