Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have we any fans of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation on MakeUpTalk? I plan on buying this after it was recommended to me by a few girls on here. I checked out their site to look at the shades & they all had names but when i went to my local EL counter at the weekend, the shades were in numbers. Now here's the strange thing. The SA tried 2 different shades on me but no.10 was WAY darker than no.11. I said, is that right? Is no.11 supposed to be lighter than no.10 and she said "oh yeah, thats the way it works" but i could tell she wasn't sure.

There's a GWP offer at the EL counter until Friday & i won't be able to get there so i was gonna get my mom to buy the foundation for me (plus a skincare product so i can get the freebies!). I'm just not sure what colour to get now though.

Does anyone know of a site that sell Estee Lauder products that have the shades in numbers rather than colours? Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Ya, thats all i could find too. Why is Ireland so dam backwards??!

i have the double wear sheer tint and YUCK. it's so fun watching it change colors, though. you put it on and it keeps changing colors until it matches your skin tone. at first, i didn't know it did that, so i started screaming LOL

Aw cool Trisha! Ok let me think. I've never used a MAC foundation so I can't give you my colour for that. In Lancome Adaptive I'm a 01 or 02, Christian Dior Diorskin Fluide I'm a 200, Bobbi Brown Oil Free I'm Sand or Warm Sand, Chanel Double Perfection Fluide I'm Shell or Beige. The SA said I should use 11 from Estee Lauder (but I don’t know the name of it) plus I thought that looked very light. She was very unhelpful to be honest & I wish I had stayed there til I knew exactly what I wanted but I just felt uncomfortable so I left in a hurry. If you can't figure it out, its totally cool! Thanks a million honey bunny!

LMAO at Jennifer! I hope the Double Wear Fluid foundation isn't the same as the sheer tint!

If you were next to me now i'd SQUEEZE you to death! You always come to my rescue. Love ya lots
biggrin.gif

Wow Trisha! You're now officially nominated the MUT MU Detective!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I actually took a look at those foundations just to see how those 2 particular shades are in relation to one another... the Fresco seems much darker than the Desert Beige on their site... but it's probably just some more 'high quality' online swatches! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

Double wear is a really good foundation. Its the only one I truely like besides MAC. My color is bone. My cousin tells me when I wear it my face looks flawless

Aw you're a star Trisha! Thanks a million. I won't be able to go in myself but i'll give those 2 colours to my mom & she can choose which one would suit me best. She can't go be too wrong. Love you lots & i agree with Janelle, you are now officially MuT's Make Up Detective!!

Delighted to hear you like it too Danielle. The more people i hear saying they like it, the more i want it!

Originally Posted by Trisha You are welcome my little Laura!! x
And Janelle I tried them all on my hand next to the shade Laura is currently wearing and those are the 2 best matches! So yep ignore EL's swatches!

I wish there would be a site that has true to color swatches for once... I hate that - you see one thing, and you get another IRL... so annoying!
eek.gif

Just rang mom & she got my EL Double Wear in Fresco for me today.. Cant wait to go home & try it out. Thanks a million for all the help girls (especially Trisha!)

Originally Posted by Laura Just rang mom & she got my EL Double Wear in Fresco for me today.. Cant wait to go home & try it out. Thanks a million for all the help girls (especially Trisha!) WELL!?!?! WELL!?!?! DO TELL!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hmm, i'm not sure to be honest.. JOKE!

I BLOODY LOVE IT!

I'm wearing it today and i feel so "polished" if you know what i mean by that. I used my foundation brush to apply it coz i read in some reviews that if you apply with fingers it appears cakey. Somebody even commented on how i looked great this morning already & that was before 9am! Cant wait to see how it lasts during the day now.

THANK YOU TRISHA & MakeUpTalk girls!

Latest posts

Back