Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Estee Lauder released a limited edition collection in honor of MAD Men premier. The collection includes a cream blush and a lipstick. What are your thoughts ladies? Anyone interested in this collection? I don't wear red lipstick so it's not for me. I like the pictures though. The colors look pretty.

Love the packaging, but the shades (and, ok, yeah, the packaging that I adore) aren't going to dispel the "old lady" reputation that EL has with some folks--even though it's INTENTIONALLY retro this time.

My SA @ ES has been trying to get me to come in and buy this set. It's very pretty and I do love the colours but it would sit in my collection. I don't care for cream blush and I have a gazillion red lippies. Sadly, I'll be passing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BTW ... I have never seen Mad Men ...
icon_eek.gif

I want these so bad but I *just* bought the Besame crimson cream rouge (I think I have finally found my HG blush!!) and it is going to last me for the rest of my life. >.< 

I've been wanting these pretty badly since I heard about the collection...now that i've seen reviews and swatches I'm ordering the rouge today (with a free deluxe size mascara gwp). I love that it's free shipping and returns on their site as well.

I'm not going to get the lip product though because I just don't wear lipstick, even though I would love to I feel like I never can pull it off. It would be nice to have the collection though...but it's not worth $25 to me.

I love Mad Men, and I love the colors of the lipstick and rouge! I haven't worn cream rouge in such a long time, but that one looks really beautiful.

Now I think I may buy both, since i'm waiting for my 10% off newsletter code from Bloomingdales.com :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never worn a cream blush before, how do you guys apply it? Brush (and if so, what kind?) or fingers?

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now I think I may buy both, since i'm waiting for my 10% off newsletter code from Bloomingdales.com :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never worn a cream blush before, how do you guys apply it? Brush (and if so, what kind?) or fingers?

I like using a small stippling brush (MAC 130).

I've used both a small brush and my fingertips when applying cream rouge in the past.

I'm really, really tempted to buy this set; it is lovely!

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to invest in a brush for this then, right now I only have an angled/contour blush brush.

I wish I would get my bloomingdale's e-mail with the code soon...i'm getting antsy to order!

I got it and i love it.

I thought i wasnt going to like the blush since iv never worn one that wasnt powder but i ended up really loving it.

The lipstick is SOOOOO bright but i LOOOOOooOVE it. I really thought the color was going to look terrible on me but it worked out really well and now im scared cuz i dont want to run out of it. its super tiny.

Oh, I'm glad to hear that you like it! It's a bummer when lipsticks are super tiny though...I have a Clinique one that I LOVE, but it's nearly gone. I have to buy the full size.

On my blog I do. I don't believe I am allowed to leave a link though. The polish wasn't great.

I adore the show.. I think I'll have to get something from the collection. While I was watching the show on Netflix, I kept doing my makeup like January Jones.

Latest posts

Back