Ethan Hawke: Celeb Marriage Bad for the Ego

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
His marriage to Uma Thurman may have ended three years ago, but Ethan Hawke is still nursing the wounds – to his ego.

"It's unfair when one person's career is taking off and the other is really suffering," the actor says in an interview due to air Sunday on AMC's Shootout, the Associated Press reports.

"What happens – it's not that they're jealous of each other," he says. "It's that the person you share your life with isn't in the mood to support. You want to have a pity party for yourself, but they're off to the Golden Globes and you don't want to go because everyone is going to think you are jealous."

Thurman, 37, and Hawke, 36, met 10 years ago on the set of the sci-fi drama Gattaca and married in 1998. They had two children, daughter Maya, now 9, and son Levon, 5, before Thurman filed for divorce in 2004 amid rumors that Hawke had been unfaithful.

"There's a certain geometry to life – that life has a certain math equation to it and if you're never together, you can't build a home," Hawke says. "Joanne Woodward put her career on the back burner for that marriage [since 1958, to Paul Newman] to last. And something's got to give."

A year ago, reflecting on her marriage to Hawke, Thurman said, "I think it's fair to say that I haven't said one mean thing, and I'm not going to start now. It's terrible for my family."

SOURCE - PEOPLE.COM

I would like to say that I'm glad I'm not married to a person like Ethan. Jealousy has no place in marriage. If he loved his wife so much he would have been supporting her sucess instead of sitting at home being emo. No wonder she dumped his a$$!

I like Uma's stand on the fact she didn't make a scene. Some things are just left private.

Babyangel

i only watched some of that guys movie i liked him in the movies tho i like his lok too but of coz looks doesnt mean much of a person

Back