Eve Lom Cleanser

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? Its suppost to be a cult favourite, you spread this sort of greeny goo on your face and use the muslin cloth provided to take it off and are left with baby soft smooth skin.

I bought a tub ages ago (for about £78 for 200 ml, I know its expensive!) it worked quite well for a while but then I started breaking out really badly so I stopped using it, I've since read on a review site that this is suppost to happen in the first few weeks and if you work through it these spots will disappear and never come back.

Has this happened to anyone else? I found my old jar and have started using it again and so far no spots but its only been a few days.

I have very sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and have tried numerous products in the past but none have worked I might as well try this for a month and see if it makes any difference. I'll keep you posted!

Hhhmmm...sounds interesting. Never heard of it. I just looked it up and it appears it's made up of several essential oils. So...it's kind of like doing the oil cleansing method with an expensive jar. What does that price convert to in USD??

I think it's $156 so yeah expensive but I'm a bit of a sucker for expensive products. My skin has really improved dramatically in the last week since using this but I think it may be the fact that I have stopped what I was using previously which was way too harsh for my sensitive skin.

I did get a few spots on my chin yesterday but this evening they've shrunk considerably and I'm even going to answer the door to the cute pizza delivery guy with no make up! that is a first for me and shows a massive improvement.

Originally Posted by laura112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone tried this? Its suppost to be a cult favourite, you spread this sort of greeny goo on your face and use the muslin cloth provided to take it off and are left with baby soft smooth skin.I bought a tub ages ago (for about £78 for 200 ml, I know its expensive!) it worked quite well for a while but then I started breaking out really badly so I stopped using it, I've since read on a review site that this is suppost to happen in the first few weeks and if you work through it these spots will disappear and never come back.

Has this happened to anyone else? I found my old jar and have started using it again and so far no spots but its only been a few days.

I have very sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and have tried numerous products in the past but none have worked I might as well try this for a month and see if it makes any difference. I'll keep you posted!

laura112:I LOVE this cleanser!! It also took me a while to get used to. The "7 steps" massage decongest your skin as you remove your makeup, and the muslin cloth opens your pores, removes makeup and gunk, exfoliate, then closes pores (cold compress). It's like doing a mini-facial every night. The breakout you experienced in the beginning was probably purging as the deeper dirt and clogs came to the surface with the daily massage and exfoliation.

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hhhmmm...sounds interesting. Never heard of it. I just looked it up and it appears it's made up of several essential oils. So...it's kind of like doing the oil cleansing method with an expensive jar. What does that price convert to in USD?? kaville:It is OCM in a VERY expensive jar
icon_redface.gif
As much as I love the feel and texture of this cleanser, I can't help but feel disappointed by list of ingredients the bulk of which are petroleum by-product and synthetically derived oils, a sprinkle of various essential oils and preservatives (5 different parabens!) To be honest, with the exchange rate being what it is, I can think of a few moisturizers I can get for $156 LOL (Crème de la Mer comes to mind)!!

I think the reason that this cleanser produced such great results has more to do with the cleansing method (massage & exfoliation) than the product itself. JMO

Latest posts

Back