ever tried tight-/push- lining?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have heard about this a few months ago and tried it once. tightlining is when you line the INNER rim of your UPPER lashline-it´s supposed to make your lashes appear fuller. I know, sounds like that´s tough to do, well at least it took ME forever to do this...and the effect was a little too subtle for me but maybe that´s just because it was my first try

but I will try it again after reading this article:

http://www.emakemeup.com/en2/flowerr...ewid=6999&vr=1

have you guys ever tried this?

I think when you line your upper lashline too and smudge the liner into your lashline to make it look more natural then you can get a more noticeable effect out of tight- or push-lining (I´ve heard both expressions before)

Originally Posted by Arielle I have heard about this a few months ago and tried it once. tightlining is when you line the INNER rim of your UPPER lashline-it´s supposed to make your lashes appear fuller. I know, sounds like that´s tough to do, well at least it took ME forever to do this...and the effect was a little too subtle for me but maybe that´s just because it was my first try
but I will try it again after reading this article:

http://www.emakemeup.com/en2/flowerr...ewid=6999&vr=1

have you guys ever tried this?

I think when you line your upper lashline too and smudge the liner into your lashline to make it look more natural then you can get a more noticeable effect out of tight- or push-lining (I´ve heard both expressions before)

There is another thread concerning lining the upper inner rim...https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=10356

I have tried it, and I like it, but you definitely need a super soft liner and a steady hand. I need to practice more since I really like the subtle effect.

I haven't really 'pushlined', since I don't have a push brush, but I am sure someone on here has, especially the brush fanatics (Trisha!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

ooops sorry girls, I didn´t realize there was already a thread on this. well looks like most of you have already tried this. and jessica´s pics are AWESOME!!!

looks like I need to practice more
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Oooh did Jess post pics.. i gotta check it out
biggrin.gif
yes, her pics really show the difference this technique can make. and I guess it doesn´t hurt that she already has very sultry looking eyes already
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I can´t wait to try this later today, I need sultry looking eyes too for my date tonight. lets hope I don´t poke my eyes out...that´s what happened on my first try a couple of weeks ago
icon_eek.gif
(and yeah, I looked exactly like that smiley afterwards *lol*)

Originally Posted by Trisha i just added pics to the other thread too Andrea x thanks trisha, yeah I can definitely see the difference. and i agree that lining both inner rims is a little too much. I still think it looks great on you though
biggrin.gif

I checked out that link and while its informative, in my opinion, they kinda make it seem complicated & a big deal. I was laughing a little because I've been doing this since I was old enough to wear makeup & I've always used a kohl kajal pencil. In my real old days I (and other girl friends) would light a match and hold it under a Maybelline pencil to soften it. Wow - I'm really dating myself now.
icon_lol.gif

But these days I'm using Lancome's Black Coffee Kohl pencil and I just pull up my upper lid and then pull down my lower lid and line both with this blackish-brown pencil.

Out of my entire makeup routine, this is the quickest to do.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

One word of caution. If you're a contact lens wearer (and even if you're not) you periodically should make sure you sharpen or make sure the pencil is clean and take a break from doing this technique. I've gotten a few eye irritations/infections - it can clog those pores or skin (whatever is there) in your eye rims. So just be careful.

Back