Everyday Lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is everyones everyday lipstick?! I'm looking for a natural look with a little umph. So far I have found 2 colors I love "viva glam V" and "Flutterby" by mac but I find that I am constantly reapplying all day. Does anyone know of a longer wearing natural looking lipstick?! and the lip pencil you use with it?!

& Do you use the pencil or the lipstick first?! (yes I am a newbie)

Lipstick:

Lip Pencil:

Lipstick or Pencil first?!

I'm more of a gloss girl myself, and to me everday means fuschia at any opportunity. If I was going more everyday though:

Lipstick: Stila l/s - Sonya or Cynthia

Lip Pencil: Stila glaze pencil - Pink

Pencil first, line the lips then fill in with the pencil. The lipstick stays on longer if you do it that way.

At the moment I'm putting Carmex lipbalm on over the top because my lips are a bit dry. It seems to plump them a bit too.

well you use the lip pencil first to line and fill in lips then you apply lipstick.

i personally don't use a lipstick everyday but if i did it would probably be my Viva glam V or my UD scratch or stray dog i love those.

I don't use pencils cus they are just a pain in the butt but to help the lipstick stay on longer apply with a brush.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I'm more of a gloss girl myself, and to me everday means fuschia at any opportunity. If I was going more everyday though:
Lipstick: Stila l/s - Sonya or Cynthia

Lip Pencil: Stila glaze pencil - Pink

Pencil first, line the lips then fill in with the pencil. The lipstick stays on longer if you do it that way.

At the moment I'm putting Carmex lipbalm on over the top because my lips are a bit dry. It seems to plump them a bit too.

carmex is made for drying out cold sores so it doesnt really help moisturize your lips find something that isn't made for drying out cold sores and your lips will be moister

That is what I have been doing wrong!!! Not filling in my lips with the pencil first. Any other color suggestions girls?!

Any drugstore colors that are lipcolor but better and last?! I hate paying a fortune for my everyday work makeup.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 carmex is made for drying out cold sores so it doesnt really help moisturize your lips find something that isn't made for drying out cold sores and your lips will be moister

Originally Posted by Anya1976 carmex is made for drying out cold sores so it doesnt really help moisturize your lips find something that isn't made for drying out cold sores and your lips will be moister I'm using it to sooth my coldsores, but my coldsores seem drier than the rest of my lips. It's recommended over here in the UK as one of the best lip balms in all the beauty magazines. Maybe we have a different formulation?
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I'm using it to sooth my coldsores, but my coldsores seem drier than the rest of my lips. It's recommended over here in the UK as one of the best lip balms in all the beauty magazines. Maybe we have a different formulation?
icon_redface.gif
i doubt it's any different but my family used to use carmex on their dry lips and they always seemed to have to keep applying. i told them about it and to switch and everyone is happier without constant dry lips. I use burt's bees lipbalm

Originally Posted by DallasGirl That is what I have been doing wrong!!! Not filling in my lips with the pencil first. Any other color suggestions girls?!
Any drugstore colors that are lipcolor but better and last?! I hate paying a fortune for my everyday work makeup.

my fave d/s lipsticks were always max factor or revlon lipsticks i still have a couple of them but they were brown colors that i doubt you'd want to wear my FAVE revlon color is coffee bean

I recently started using the Lip Conditioner from Caudalie and Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick SPF 15 from E. Arden. They both have the lipstick shape and help my dry lips. Hope your lips get better soon, my cold sores hurt most of the time....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I'm using it to sooth my coldsores, but my coldsores seem drier than the rest of my lips. It's recommended over here in the UK as one of the best lip balms in all the beauty magazines. Maybe we have a different formulation?
icon_redface.gif

I used to use Keihls, but didn't like the mingy taste and I found it really greasy. I think I'm just a bit stressed at the moment because lots of the kids I teach have got exams soon and I'm more worried about it than they are! I'm also leaving the school that I'm at in a months time and I have to sort out all kinds of stuff before I go. I'm looking forward to being at a new school though, the kids are much better behaved there.

I have some Revlon ones I like--I think their lasting power is pretty good.

Originally Posted by DallasGirl What is everyones everyday lipstick?! I'm looking for a natural look with a little umph. So far I have found 2 colors I love "viva glam V" and "Flutterby" by mac but I find that I am constantly reapplying all day. Does anyone know of a longer wearing natural looking lipstick?! and the lip pencil you use with it?!
& Do you use the pencil or the lipstick first?! (yes I am a newbie)

Lipstick:

Lip Pencil:

Lipstick or Pencil first?!

Hey DallasGirl, I didn't get to welcome you yet, so WELCOME!
So funny, Viva Glam V and Flutterby are two of my favorites as well! Small world.
wink.gif
Yup, I do lipliner first, then lipstick and then touch up with liner again.

Have you tried Revlon's Color Stay or MAC's Pro Longwear, for a long lasting lipstick?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Hey DallasGirl, I didn't get to welcome you yet, so WELCOME!
So funny, Viva Glam V and Flutterby are two of my favorites as well! Small world.
wink.gif
Yup, I do lipliner first, then lipstick and then touch up with liner again.

Have you tried Revlon's Color Stay or MAC's Pro Longwear, for a long lasting lipstick?

cover girl has those outlast sheers too for daytime so they don't look too heavy. lipfinity has those everlights too i have one of those i dig it. and they do stay put. I personally love MAC's make up but i am NOT paying 20 bucks for a long wearing lipstick i can get them cheaper at the drugstore.

Originally Posted by lilla I recently started using the Lip Conditioner from Caudalie and Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick SPF 15 from E. Arden. They both have the lipstick shape and help my dry lips. Hope your lips get better soon, my cold sores hurt most of the time....
frown.gif
i like MAC's lipconditioner that's a fave of mine but for a cheaper alternative i like burt's bees i also like philosophy's kiss me i have a couple of them but those are spendy as well

last time i was at a MAC counter, the MA used the liner AFTER lipstick, for some reason. i didn't like it, but i guess you could do it that way.

lea and ang, my cousins swear by carmex, but every time i've seen it, it's used for cold sores, so i keep forgetting to ask what kind they use. which one do you use exactly, lea?

my everyday lipstick is brew (i got it in a swap and i'm waiting for gail to send because i bought one off of her and good thing because i LOVE it).

i've been looking for stila's lip glaze pencil in nude, but can't find it anywhere! maybe it's only at counters and not at sephora? i'm sure that'll be my every day liner
icon_cheesygrin.gif

MAC's pro longwear (sp?) lasts for a VERY long time, but i hate their color selection! i think they're all ugly.

I am very picky with colors, usually endup having 4-5 different colors and it is always similar from any brand....

Originally Posted by Jennifer last time i was at a MAC counter, the MA used the liner AFTER lipstick, for some reason. i didn't like it, but i guess you could do it that way.
lea and ang, my cousins swear by carmex, but every time i've seen it, it's used for cold sores, so i keep forgetting to ask what kind they use. which one do you use exactly, lea?

my everyday lipstick is brew (i got it in a swap and i'm waiting for gail to send because i bought one off of her and good thing because i LOVE it).

i've been looking for stila's lip glaze pencil in nude, but can't find it anywhere! maybe it's only at counters and not at sephora? i'm sure that'll be my every day liner
icon_cheesygrin.gif

MAC's pro longwear (sp?) lasts for a VERY long time, but i hate their color selection! i think they're all ugly.

Hello, & welcome DallasGirl

I use lip-ink (I love it) & have been using it for years - they have so many shades to choose from - they also have a clear/shine which you'd apply over the color - they stay on forever! Comes in a tube w/spong applicator

The color starts out light, but you re-apply another layer once it dries until your satisfied with the results...They also make eyeliners, etc., that stay on forever as well.. I usually buy them on line - @ www.lipink.com - they're around $16.50 - I know it may sound kinda expensive, but they last, & last ~ so, in the long run its a pretty good deal for the money...

I love MAC Viva Glam V & Flutterby too!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
( my 2 new fav's!) I use Ulta's lipliner... I love them.. I use mink - and just apply it lighter for lighter shades since it's a little dark. For d/s lipstick I LOVE CoverGirl lipslicks! Being it seems you like the same l/s shades I do, my absolute favorite lipslicks is "Cutie"... I've been using it for years (It used to be called 'hint of shimmering sandstone') I've gone through about 50 of these things! LOL It's great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh yeah... forgot your other question! whoops!
icon_redface.gif

I do pencil first... then l/s... then if part of the pencil disappears from doing the l/s I'll put on some more lightly and then blend.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back