Ex-girlfriend's Photos.....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did get rid of everything my last ex bf gave to me. I wanted zero reminders of him. I took all the photos and cards he gave me and burned them. My neighbour has a outdoor fire pit and I borrowed it. I didn't want the ring he gave me so I took it to a pawn shop and used the money for a shopping spree. And any other gifts I received were donated to charity thrift stores.

I'd be extremely pissed off if my boyfriend had a sex cd with his ex. EXTREMELY PISSED!!! With my past relationships I've thrown everything away. Even jewerly. Why keep stuff around that would remind you of that person? I know my boyfriend wouldnt feel comfortable with me keeping stuff of my ex around. So for me, its just better to get rid of everything.

hmm i wonder how things are now...and if this issue has come up again or has it been layed to rest??

As for me in march this yr me and my bf broke up for 4 months....and it was hard, the jewelery that i wore was no longer on me but yet cause i still had hope for us i kept them....i have been with my partner now for almost 5.5yrs and even tho we splt for that short period of time it gave him time to think about wat he really wanted..something i was willing to do so he could think straight and know wat things would be like with out me and his daughter around everyday...as cruel as it sounds it worked....

I wouldn't worry about letters, cards, a few pictures and such... it's not a big deal. Some people want to have something to remind them of a specific period in their lives, and some keep small items to remind themselves of what an ass the person was. But sex CDs, sex pictures and files on the computer... I'd put an end to that REAL quick.... that is NOT normal. What would he need with those in a new relationship? You're damn sure not going to watch them, it's just disrespectful. Would he be alright if he came across sexual reminders you kept of you and an ex?

August, I'm currently single so I don't really know. It's an interesting question though! I don't think I'd care about non-sexual photos, as long as he wasn't looking at them all the time.

Sexual stuff I'd expect him to get rid of altogether. You're right. Why would he need them or want to use them?

as for jewellery I'm still torn. Chantelle, you said you kept them as you held hope for your relationship. I've totally done that in the past, but I've also just kept things because I LIKED them, with no attachment other than enjoying a piece of jewellery. I guess i'm afraid that if I wear them then everyone will assume that I want there to be something between me and the ex.

It's a tough one!

Let me see...Pictures are memories, eventhough you don't like that person it's still fun to see how you looked back then and reminisce. Leave the pictures at your parents house and whenever you want a sneak peak take one. The jewelry I sold and bought me a bunch of really nice stuff on him. I had one very expensive ring that I gave to my mom.

Pinksugar-Why don't you sell all that old jewelry and put it in your new tiffanys necklace fund.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sugersoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks tony, i really needed a man's input
biggrin.gif
hehe i wish we had a forum which are moditored by a few men, and women here can ask relationship questions, that would be quite interesting! Actually there are more married men on here than you might think
wink3.gif
...anyway. I'm a saver so I understand the notes, etc. I am somewhat torn by the cd's and sex stuff. On one hand a saver is a saver. On the other hand the CD's and sex stuff is a bit much to me (but that's just me). We don't know him, he might have them and never watch them. The best thing to to is to talk to him about it. Explain your concerns and talk it out. You will probably feel better or you will have more information to think about concerning your relationship. Good luck! Wow just noticed how old this thread is. The advice I gave has been taken, years before I gave it. Didn't realize I was that good. Keep the jewlery and wear it as long as you want, Rosie.

Quote:
i really needed a man's input
biggrin.gif
hehe i wish we had a forum which are moditored by a few men, and women here can ask relationship questions, that would be quite interesting! I guess you have to consider when both of you had been in relationships in the past that someone might have done something like this in the past.
I never did the sex tape thing. I personally think a camera in the room might have been obtrusive.

I did however have a girlfriend mention once that she had sexy pictures in which her ex-BF was partially visible. (We had been going together for a while) She did show them to me eventually and yes they were really somewhat graphic.

So how did this make me feel since this is a reverse situation from everyone else is talking about? It didn't offend me or anything as i had previously known she had a sexual past. I really didn't feel jealous either. I never dreamed of asking her to destroy the pictures or anything.

Quote:
Felt this thread needed to be 're-vamped'!
I can say that I wouldn't appreciate my SO keeping pictures, cards, etc... of his exes. I just find it hurtful and why is it necessary? I have thrown out things like pictures, cards, etc... because I don't NEED them. Plus, I don't think he'd appreciate it either. Makes me wonder why people keep them around. If so, why do you?

I have pics of my ex but I'm unusual :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm a firm believer in not having to destroy your past just to placate your present/future. History is kind of important to me so even tho he was a scuzz bag, he was a part of my life, so I keep the pics. I keep everything, even notes my friends and I passed in school!
But sex tapes? I dunno . . . I'm not sure how I would feel about that. I think my reaction would depend on the reason it's being kept.

Are they being kept as possible future blackmail material?

Is it an ego thing? (my best friend and her ex made plenty of sex tapes . . . she kept them, not because she has feelings for her ex but because she looks fantastic in them
tongue.gif
lmao)

Is it just because he hates to part with a part of his life's history, no matter how raunchy it is?

I would really have to be in that situation to truly know how I would feel . . .

I dont think its weird that he has it. Maybe it slipped his mind to get rid of it. I'd definitley ask him to trash them. Bad taste.

AGH!!! This thread just reminded me that my bf has a CD of that sort as well........ I was really mad when I found out, not too long after we started going out, but then I kinda forgot about it.... until now!
frown.gif

Back