excema skin care

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. Was hoping for any advice on excema skin care. I usually use Cetaphil soap bar to cleanse my face as well as the lotion/cream for moisturizing. But it's not really enough, since I've got combination skin, as well as huge pores and black/whiteheads on the T zone, and really bad breakouts + rash on my forehead mostly... it's really hard for me to get rid of it cause where I'm from, it's summer all year long, so it's hard to avoid sweating (my doc. told me to try to get away with that whenever) though I try to stay in shades/bring the brella around to shade me from sweating.

So I am hoping for anyone with excema to share their routines. As well as any makeup that doesn't really irritated (cause I have to use for work as not to scare customers away, they often gimme the
icon_eek.gif
look.
icon_cry.gif
), as well as any non-irritant UV/SPF lotions?

I realized that loads of water do help to clear though, but not completely.

Thanks! =)

Originally Posted by jaayx

Hi, I'm new here. Was hoping for any advice on excema skin care. I usually use Cetaphil soap bar to cleanse my face as well as the lotion/cream for moisturizing. But it's not really enough, since I've got combination skin, as well as huge pores and black/whiteheads on the T zone, and really bad breakouts + rash on my forehead mostly... it's really hard for me to get rid of it cause where I'm from, it's summer all year long, so it's hard to avoid sweating (my doc. told me to try to get away with that whenever) though I try to stay in shades/bring the brella around to shade me from sweating.
So I am hoping for anyone with excema to share their routines. As well as any makeup that doesn't really irritated (cause I have to use for work as not to scare customers away, they often gimme the
icon_eek.gif
look.
icon_cry.gif

Thanks! =)

Hey Jaayx! I just poked my head in to just you a warm welcome! I am sure you will get some responses soon! Make sure you search our review center

Hi Jaayx,

I'm not sure if I have ezcema, but I do have very oily combo skin, with large pores in my tzone. I've also had my share of bad breakouts, and recently my skin has been clearing up. My skin does get a little flaky sometimes, even though I'm so oily. My routing lately has been Proactiv cleanser or MD Formulations facial cleanser for Oily/problem skin (just started using, and really like it..has glycolic acid in it), Proactiv Toner and sometimes the Proactiv Repairing lotion. I've also been using their oil free Moisturizer...works well with my skin. For makeup, I just discovered Jane Iredale's Amazing Base Mineral makeup. It doesn't make my skin dry or flaky looking, like Bare Escentuals did. Nor does it contribute, so far, to my breakouts. If you have ezcema, then I'm not sure if Benzoyl peroxide or glycolic acid is ok for you. I have heard that Jojoba oil has wonderful healing qualities to it. It's supposed to be a great moisturizer, gets rid of the flakies, and is also supposed to not break you out. Good luck, Jaayx, I wish I could give you better advice! Oh, also, welcome to Mut...I'm fairly new here, too!

Originally Posted by jaayx Hi, I'm new here. Was hoping for any advice on excema skin care. I usually use Cetaphil soap bar to cleanse my face as well as the lotion/cream for moisturizing. But it's not really enough, since I've got combination skin, as well as huge pores and black/whiteheads on the T zone, and really bad breakouts + rash on my forehead mostly... it's really hard for me to get rid of it cause where I'm from, it's summer all year long, so it's hard to avoid sweating (my doc. told me to try to get away with that whenever) though I try to stay in shades/bring the brella around to shade me from sweating.
icon_eek.gif
look.
icon_cry.gif

Thanks! =)

Originally Posted by Nicolet Hi Jaayx,I'm not sure if I have ezcema, but I do have very oily combo skin, with large pores in my tzone.....

Hey Nicolet! No, I don't think you have it. Ezcema's usually people with too much antibodies that rejects not only the bad stuff in our body, but also the good ones, thus the breakouts. It's actually very very bad rash that breaks out for nothing and everything, as well as allegies... usually related to asthmatics and hay fever I guess.

Originally Posted by Nicolet For makeup, I just discovered Jane Iredale's Amazing Base Mineral makeup. It doesn't make my skin dry or flaky looking, like Bare Escentuals did. Nor does it contribute, so far, to my breakouts. If you have ezcema, then I'm not sure if Benzoyl peroxide or glycolic acid is ok for you. I have heard that Jojoba oil has wonderful healing qualities to it. It's supposed to be a great moisturizer, gets rid of the flakies, and is also supposed to not break you out. Good luck, Jaayx, I wish I could give you better advice! Oh, also, welcome to Mut...I'm fairly new here, too! Don't have Jane Iredale's over here in Singapore, but thanks for your help dear! I'll try out the jojoba oil you've suggested =)

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hey Jaayx! I just poked my head in to just you a warm welcome! I am sure you will get some responses soon! Make sure you search our review center Thanks for the warm welcome dear =)! I've actually checked out the review before joining. That's loads of reviews and rants about makeup and skincare. Glad to join the forum ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Welcome Jaayx! I'm Janelle from NY - Nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I really can't help you in this area, but with the amount of people on here.. I'm sure you're not alone!
wink.gif
You'll probably have more things to try in no time! Good luck hun!
icon_cool.gif

Hi and Welcome! I had terrible excema as a kid. I had it behind my knees, in the crooks of my elbows, at my wrists and behind my ears. I used to scratch it so hard it would bleed. My mom tried everything and then finally took me to a dermatologist. He prescribed some kind of cream(i think it was a steroid) that worked. Every now and again i will get a little patch but if I use a little bit of Cetaphil cream a few times a day it helps me. Also sunlight is good for excema(in small amounts). Once I was at my regular doctor for a cold or something and I showed her a new patch of excema she told me "a little sun will help". Maybe you could try to be in the sun for a bit every day to help just not so long that you start to sweat. I really don't know the climate in Singapore but I imagine it to be very humid. That along with the heat makes a not so good combination for excema. I would try to stay away from putting anything on the rash as far as makeup goes. It is probably just irritating it further. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by jaayx Hi, I'm new here. Was hoping for any advice on excema skin care. I usually use Cetaphil soap bar to cleanse my face as well as the lotion/cream for moisturizing. But it's not really enough, since I've got combination skin, as well as huge pores and black/whiteheads on the T zone, and really bad breakouts + rash on my forehead mostly... it's really hard for me to get rid of it cause where I'm from, it's summer all year long, so it's hard to avoid sweating (my doc. told me to try to get away with that whenever) though I try to stay in shades/bring the brella around to shade me from sweating.

icon_eek.gif
look.
icon_cry.gif

Thanks! =)

I just remembered... When my daughter was born she had these terrible dry scaly looking patches allover her legs. Her pediatrician said it was excema and to buy Eucerin lotion to put on it. I did and it worked. Maybe you could give that a try.

Hi there and welcome! I started a post on facial eczema in this forum (I get it seasonally) and I just went to the dermotologist about a week ago and he prescribed some products. You're best bet is to get to a doctor who can advise you what to use instead of going out and spending all kinds of money on over the counter stuff. Mine cleared up right away. If your CURRENT doctor doesn't help you, FIND ONE that does!

I was using Cetaphil bar soap and a moisturizer with retinol (too strong), now I am using doctor prescribed products. Your doctor should be able to treat you for both the eczema and for the other problem areas.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by elljmz Hi and Welcome! I had terrible excema as a kid.... He prescribed some kind of cream(i think it was a steroid) that worked. Every now and again i will get a little patch but if I use a little bit of Cetaphil cream a few times a day it helps me. Also sunlight is good for excema(in small amounts). Once I was at my regular doctor for a cold or something and I showed her a new patch of excema she told me "a little sun will help". Maybe you could try to be in the sun for a bit every day to help just not so long that you start to sweat. I really don't know the climate in Singapore but I imagine it to be very humid. That along with the heat makes a not so good combination for excema. I would try to stay away from putting anything on the rash as far as makeup goes. It is probably just irritating it further. Good Luck.
I just remembered... When my daughter was born she had these terrible dry scaly looking patches allover her legs. Her pediatrician said it was excema and to buy Eucerin lotion to put on it. I did and it worked. Maybe you could give that a try.

Hey Jenni, thanks for the welcome! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I am actually using a steriod cream now, and occasionally having to eat some pills to stop the itching (I try not to take it constantly, cause I get immune to them fast) and it's still the same... I did try Eucerin lotion, but it didn't work as well as Cetaphil, so I'm sticking to it =)

The weather in Singapore's a nightmare for me... summer all year long (minus the monsoon season), plus the humidity. It's hard for me to stay outta the sun literately. Maybe the sun helps, but the humidity sure doesn't. I miss the rain for a week already =(... I used to frequent the beach alot when I was a kid, you could actually try it on your daughter, it hurts a lot, but kinda works. I think there's a saying that to treat your child from excema before their puberty so they won't get it when their adults. Doesn't work for me, but it hadn't stopped my family from trying since it works on their friends.

I think you could get your daughter to bring those baby wet wipes around, cause cleaniness is quite important, if you constantly try to scratch the rash spot and risk the infection... I have collegues looking out for me cause they contantly hit me when I wanna scratch a spot
icon_redface.gif
. And try not to take baths too often as well, like, 1 or 2 a day, cause its somehow really itching afterwards. Or just moisturize tons after that.

Thanks for you help though! Hope your daughter gets away from it too. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome Jaayx! I'm Janelle from NY - Nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I really can't help you in this area, but with the amount of people on here.. I'm sure you're not alone!
wink.gif
You'll probably have more things to try in no time! Good luck hun!
icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the welcome dear! =)

Originally Posted by Amethyst Hi there and welcome! I started a post on facial eczema in this forum (I get it seasonally) and I just went to the dermotologist about a week ago and he prescribed some products. You're best bet is to get to a doctor who can advise you what to use instead of going out and spending all kinds of money on over the counter stuff. Mine cleared up right away. If your CURRENT doctor doesn't help you, FIND ONE that does!
I was using Cetaphil bar soap and a moisturizer with retinol (too strong), now I am using doctor prescribed products. Your doctor should be able to treat you for both the eczema and for the other problem areas.

Good luck!

Hey,
Thanks for the welcome =). I've been going to skin doctors since I was a kid, so I'm kinda sick of it. Cause it's the usual drill of taking care of my skin daily, as well as applying the medication on the spots, moisterizing, and stop scratching (I can't help it when I'm sleeping
icon_redface.gif
...). I do go now once in a while, for desperate need of more medication / injection to stop the itching.

Thanks for the help though! =)

Originally Posted by shellya24 :icon_love Hey girls,
I lived in singapore for 4 years and it is pretty hard not to sweat there. I have small eczema patches on my arms and legs and I use Epionce barrier cream and also loma lux eczema. The eczema pill is all natural and seems to work well. The Epionce Barrier cream is really good. You should check out epionce. They have a whole line of really nice skin care and for all skin types.

Good luck all,

Shellya24
icon_lol.gif

Hey Shellya,
Do they sell the Epionce barrier cream and loma lux eczema in pharmacies?

Thanks~

i have been braking out on my face with red bumps .is that excema? i have never had that kind of thing on my face . can anyone help me out? is there a site i can go to to learn more about it?

Originally Posted by Gypsy I had really bad excema on ym elbows and emu oil cured it. You can get a small bottle for like 10.00 at nature stores. Also, it's a natural antibacterial so it wont break you out or clog pores. As for makeup check this one out...http://lycogel.com

Latest posts

Back