Exciting news!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just found out that the first feature film I worked on (I was the key makeup artist) is going to be screening in theaters here in Los Angeles and also in Baghdad (a special event for our US troops). It was shot a year ago & it's really neat to think that I'll be able to see my work on the big screen.
icon_redface.gif
You can check out the trailer here.

Anyways, just wanted to share!

Congratulations Joy! I think that is awesome. Did you get to meet Dean Cain? He is hunk-a-licious!

Originally Posted by Marisol Congratulations Joy! I think that is awesome. Did you get to meet Dean Cain? He is hunk-a-licious! Of course -- I did his makeup every day! He's definitely a cutie.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Of course -- I did his makeup every day! He's definitely a cutie.
wink.gif
I have lusted after him since he was on 90210.

Originally Posted by Marisol I have lusted after him since he was on 90210. LOL! It was funny meeting him cuz I had him in my head as about 25 and he's almost 40 now. But still lookin' good!

Ooh, congratulations Joy! I'm outta the loop, please tell me the name of the film so I can keep my eye out for it here in Honolulu.
wink.gif

Thanks Joy! I like Danny Trejo & hope his character's different this time around. I hate that he's type-cast.

So DC's still yummy huh?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Thanks Joy! I like Danny Trejo & hope his character's different this time around. I hate that he's type-cast.
So DC's still yummy huh?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Yup, still handsome as can be.
smile.gif

Danny Trejo still plays a thug, but it's more of a voice-over role. He was only on set for one day, but he is a really sweet man. I had about 40 minutes alone with him while I did his makeup and he talked to me about how blessed he has been in life. Pretty incredible, considering his past. I agree, I'd LOVE to see him play something against his type.

That's great Joy!! Hopefully this will open doors for you in Hollywood!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Maybe we'll all be able to say we know a famous MA!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I hope this comes out to NY - looks great! And you did an excellent Job!!! (plus it helps you had such 'eye candy' as a "Job".. lol I've like him since Lois & Clark!) Congrats Joy !! Job well done!

I've seen DT in interviews & find his life fascinating. I'm glad he's using his past to try & influence positive things for the public for the future.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I've seen DT in interviews & find his life fascinating. I'm glad he's using his past to try & influence positive things for the public for the future. Yea, ditto that. I think it's amazing & inspirational what he's doing for youth.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

I just found out that the first feature film I worked on (I was the key makeup artist) is going to be screening in theaters here in Los Angeles and also in Baghdad (a special event for our US troops). It was shot a year ago & it's really neat to think that I'll be able to see my work on the big screen.
icon_redface.gif

Oh kick ass and take names!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Party!

AWESOME news, Joy!
icon_biggrin.gif
Very excited for you! I will check out the movie if it gets to Hawaii!

ahh, your job must be so awesome. im jealous. lol. on a side note (and this is *so* not on the same level as your work, of course) a few weeks ago at work, i helped a guy pick out makeup to make people look like corpses. lol. it was just a small local zombie movie. i explained to him how to apply it since he didnt have an MA.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse ahh, your job must be so awesome. im jealous. lol. on a side note (and this is *so* not on the same level as your work, of course) a few weeks ago at work, i helped a guy pick out makeup to make people look like corpses. lol. it was just a small local zombie movie. i explained to him how to apply it since he didnt have an MA. That's cool Jasmine! Zombie movies rock! My fave is "28 Days Later" & I can't wait for "Day of the Dead" to come out.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux That's cool Jasmine! Zombie movies rock! My fave is "28 Days Later" & I can't wait for "Day of the Dead" to come out.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
sigh. i have been waiting for day of the dead to come out for 20 years. it was supposed to happen in the 80s and never did. (the project was called twilight of the dead originally.) i *love* asia argento.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

icon_redface.gif

Joy, can we move this to the General Chit chat foruM?

Sure, if you want to.

I just put it here in admin cuz sometimes I get embarrassed about sharing good news -- I don't want to sound like I'm bragging. I've just been excited.
icon_redface.gif

Latest posts

Back