Exfoliation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have dry, quite sensitive skin, sometimes its quite flaky. I need a good exfoliator that isn't too harsh. Are there any good exfoliators out there?! Also, would you recommend exfoliating daily or weekly?

I'm not sure what you have available in the UK, but I use Freeman's Sheer Moisture Facial Scrub

200.jpg

It lathers & is an incredibly gentle exfoliant for virtually all skin types. I use this every other day in the shower & haven't had any problems. In fact, my skin has cleared up nicely since I switched to using this brand.

Check it out here.

Good luck!

I have oily skin, but I bet this exfoliation routine might work for you, which my dermatologist recommended, since it is rather gentle: Try getting a sponge (I use Buf-Puf brand) in a gentle texture, or a regular texture but make sure you scrub very lightly so you don't irritate the skin. Use it with Cetaphil soap, or if you want a more moisturizing soap, Dove soap, to wash your face every night. The sponge helps keep the oil out of my pores and quickly clears up any patches of dry skin that I may develop. And of course you could try it every other day or so if you'd rather.

Also, if you make sure to use a moisturizer on your face daily, that can also help cut back on flakey skin. I do have dry skin on other areas of my body and keeping it moisturized is usually enough to keep dry skin away. My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil moisturizer for my face because it won't clog pores, but if you don't have any problems with acne there are probably a lot of other brands that will work well for you! I know the regular Cetaphil hand cream works great on my hands -- all of Cetaphil's products are designed for senstive skin so they don't have any perfumes and other ingredients that often irritate senstive skin, and it works better at keeping my dry skin away than a lot of other hand creams I've tried.

Back