Expiration for mmu?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you keep your powder mmu in a cool, dry place and don't add water then it should last quite a few years. Throw it out if it smells bad or changes colour.

anything can happen who knows:p

i dun throw my mmu away tho
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you keep your powder mmu in a cool, dry place and don't add water then it should last quite a few years. Throw it out if it smells bad or changes colour. so far in your experience did you ever have a spoiled mmu? im beginning to believe that there is none.... but even during my college days where we use chemicals in our organic chemisty,,, there is still contamination and moisting after a while.
how about pressed and liquid mmu do you have any idea?

i believe there are bactria growing when u got some organic stuff in your makeup like u dropped something in your powder but as soon as its consmed the bacteria will die and wont grow again til there is food for them~ but of coz that might happen often with duct dropping into your foundation however i think thats very minimal

I had some that I bought last summer, then I quit using it and pulled it back out last month. It still worked great. It had been in a drawer in my vanity the whole time.

I had my very first Bare Minerals kit from 4 years ago. I used it last year and instantly fell back in love with the make-up...it all worked fine. As long as you don't get it wet, it doesn't expire.
smile.gif

I read that as long as there's no rice, corn powder or anything that can feed the bacteria, then it doesn't have an expiration date. So as long as they are all chemical minerals, I guess it should be fine.

Maybe there are no bacteria an MMu , but I think discoloration still can occur. Also there is moisture in the air. If the container is not perfectly closed, the MMu can react to it , isn't it?

Back