Eye Brow "Fillers"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So what is your favorite type and why? - pencil, powder, ??? What brand do you use and why?

I'm currently using MAC's Brow Pencil w/a clear mascara to set it. I was surfing around Sephora's website yesterday (I wish we had a store intown
frown.gif
) and am considering purchasing Smashbox's Brow Tech. It's a powder with a wax to set the brows. Has anyone tried this?

Sorry for all the questions!

i use mac's eye shadow in mystery. i have dark hair, so it matches pretty well. give a more natural look too since pencils can give more of a harsh line.

i swear by clinique's brow shaper($13.50, powder that lasts FOREVER) and maybelline's brow gel. i then use chanel's brow comb and they look SOOO groomed. i've gotten lots of people into the brow shaper. my mom barely has any brows from lots of plucking her whole life and when i use this on her, it looks so natural.

brows really make a difference on your face :icon_love

i'm currently using a tropez brow pencil in buttered rum and maybelline brow styling gel to set. the pencil is .99 and the brow gel about $4.00. both are available at both right aid and cvs. cheap but works great for me! i buy the pencils in bulk and give them to my brow clients just to have for quick fixes or fill-ins.

I use a powder color kit with 3 colors from Adrien Arpel, it was a clearance item in a discount beauty catalog!
icon_redface.gif
Before that I used an almost identical kit from Mary Kay. Before that I used pencils from different brands, but could never get a nice natural look. Also the pencils seemed to smudge. I like using powder...but I've never tried setting it with gel or wax. My brows aren't particularly unruly. When this kit I'm using now runs out, I plan on trying a mineral makeup (like bare Escentuals) powdered brow color.

I also use clinique's brow shaper, and I've had it forever. It definitely does last a long time. I do like it. However, I need all the help I can get in the eyebrow department. Mine are really thin on the outer brows, so I really have to fill them in.

Originally Posted by Nicolet I need all the help I can get in the eyebrow department. Mine are really thin on the outer brows, so I really have to fill them in. Me too, my outer corners are really sparse. That reminded me of something the model Linda Evangelista was quoted as saying in Allure a long time ago. She was one of the women known for her brows back when brows started getting more attention and women started shaping them. She said "I tweeze them like crazy then fill in where needed." I thought that was such a perfect description, and only a beauty junkie could understand it!!
tongue.gif

Benefit Brow Zing in Dark is a lifesaver!!! That's all I use and I prefer it over powder shadow because of the wax that is included in the kit with a really soft powder. Benefit has changed the entire formula of Brow Zing recently (within the past few weeks) and it's off the hoooook!

Originally Posted by Scarlette Benefit Brow Zing in Dark is a lifesaver!!! That's all I use and I prefer it over powder shadow because of the wax that is included in the kit with a really soft powder. Benefit has changed the entire formula of Brow Zing recently (within the past few weeks) and it's off the hoooook! Now I want to run out and try this! It sounds ideal.
BTW Scarlette, you change your avatars all the time, and they're always gorgeous! You just have this certain something!

Originally Posted by glamslam Now I want to run out and try this! It sounds ideal.
I may have to as well!
smile.gif
Scarlette - thanks for the info.!

It's all about Benefit BrowZing(Dark) for me!!!!! I have tried pencil and it looks too harsh, and powder leaves my brows looking half done. BrowZing on the other hand is a perfect mix of wax and powder, and it even comes with little brushes and tweezer. IMO skip brow tech, I have used it and the wax is really hard!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby It's all about Benefit BrowZing(Dark) for me!!!!! I have tried pencil and it looks too harsh, and powder leaves my brows looking half done. BrowZing on the other hand is a perfect mix of wax and powder, and it even comes with little brushes and tweezer. IMO skip brow tech, I have used it and the wax is really hard!
claps.gif
Thanks for the info!
smile.gif
I'm going to stop at Foley's on the way home from work and get the Brow Zing.

I'm using Chanel Sculpting Brow Pencil.

Actually, I don't really need it, since I love my natural shape brows.

Instead, I often use it for Eyeliner lol.

Well, I stopped by Foley's last night and picked up Benefit's Brow Zing in dark. I also purchased the hard angle brush (I hate dealing with the "mini" brushes that come in compacts). Anyway, I was running late this morning, so I didn't have as much time to "play" with my makeup as I would have liked. I quickly applied the Brow Zing and it looks really good! It looked like crap close up in my makeup mirror, but once I stepped back it looks really good, and natural. I could use some practice putting the product on
icon_neutral.gif
but overall I was very impressed with the product.
claps.gif

I use Smashbox Brow Tech. It has a powder and wax and doesn't look harsh. I love it.

I've been using Clinique's Superfine Liner for Brows (twist-up), but I've decided I don't like it because 1) I have to use too much of it and 2) it's so thin that it breaks off so a lot gets wasted.

I've been thinking about trying one of the cake varieties but wasn't sure which brand to try. From reading this thread, it sounds like the Clinique Brow Shaper is the way to go.

Originally Posted by Leadfoot So what is your favorite type and why? - pencil, powder, ??? What brand do you use and why?
I'm currently using MAC's Brow Pencil w/a clear mascara to set it. I was surfing around Sephora's website yesterday (I wish we had a store intown
frown.gif
) and am considering purchasing Smashbox's Brow Tech. It's a powder with a wax to set the brows. Has anyone tried this?

Sorry for all the questions!

I have skimpy brows and went to a Laura Mercier make over day recently and had an international brow stylist do mine. WOW! What a difference! I use the blond pencil to fill in (so natural looking), the soft blonde compact with 2 colors, angle brush to apply and brow gel to set. It's expensive, but the look is the best I've ever had.

I happened to walk by the Benefit counter at Macy's yesterday and decided to try Brow ZIng. Talk about a good product! The SA did one brow and it looked great. She asked me if I wanted to do the other one to see if I would be able to do it at home and boy, my brows looked so much better.

Thanks to BeneBaby and Scarlette for their recommendation. Maybe I will have to give Benefit a chance again.

Latest posts

Back