Eye Brows

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

jmg

Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
I have dark eye brows and get them waxed. I've noticed lately they are getting thinner and thinner. I've never needed to use a brow pencil but I was thinking about tring it out. Any suggestions?????

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
I recommend using Benefit's Brow Zing. Its a combo of wax and powder. I think that pencils can sometimes look too harsh.



 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
i use a dark eye shadow (mac's mystery eye shadow) to fill mine in. i have dark hair, so it works well for me. i've heard stila brow stuff and benefit's brows stuff are good.

powders are better than pencils, because pencils give you a harsh line.

 

jmg

Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Thanks I think I will try out the brow wax. I've seen it but wasn't sure what works best.

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Do you have a Benefit counter near you? I wanted to try it so I went to the boutique closest to my house and had them try it on me. She did one brow and I really liked it. Then I tried the other one to see if I could get the same results.

 
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
572
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by jmg I have dark eye brows and get them waxed. I've noticed lately they are getting thinner and thinner. I've never needed to use a brow pencil but I was thinking about tring it out. Any suggestions????? Are are you brows getting thinner because you want them that way or is it that the person doing your waxing is making them that way? Waxing is a great thing but leaving the brow natural looking is a even better thing. Most of the time if you go to thin with your brow you will look a bit older that you really are. But as far as filling in use a powder, it works much better then pencil.
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Marisol Do you have a Benefit counter near you? I wanted to try it so I went to the boutique closest to my house and had them try it on me. She did one brow and I really liked it. Then I tried the other one to see if I could get the same results. did you go to the one in berkeley with scarlette and benebaby?
 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Liz did you go to the one in berkeley with scarlette and benebaby? Nope.. the one in Mill Valley. Closer to home...
I told Scarlette that one of these days I was going to go to her store. On that block, they have Benefit, Aveda, MAC and Bare Minerals.


 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Marisol Nope.. the one in Mill Valley. Closer to home...
I told Scarlette that one of these days I was going to go to her store. On that block, they have Benefit, Aveda, MAC and Bare Minerals.


ahhhh. ok. i haven't been to berkeley for awhile
 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
An alternative to using pencil, wax, or powder (if your eyebrows haven't reached the 'extremely-sparse' stage), are the MAC Brow Sets. Basically, they're mascara for the brows.They slick and groom the brow, and add a little more thickness without the harshness of a pencil. The end result is fresh and natural, and is nice for those days when a penciled in/powdered in eyebrow may look too overbearing with a face with little or no makeup. The good thing about the Brow Sets, are that they can be used overtop of an eyebrow pencil/powder to give your eyebrows a 'groomed' finish (they double as a great mascara too if you get a really dark brown!
).

Good Luck
!

 

jmg

Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Are are you brows getting thinner because you want them that way or is it that the person doing your waxing is making them that way? Waxing is a great thing but leaving the brow natural looking is a even better thing. Most of the time if you go to thin with your brow you will look a bit older that you really are. But as far as filling in use a powder, it works much better then pencil. I think they are getting thinner because of waxing them. I think the person started waxing them to thin and they are not growing back as full. I use to have full eyebrows!

Thanks for eveyones help!!!

 

Latest posts

Top