Eye Lash Curlers - Does it really matter?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by elljmz YES- replace the strip periodically. Check the strip to make sure its still good. When we were about 25 years old my best friend went to curl her lashes and didn't notice that the sponge strip had dry rotted and fallen off. Anyways she sheared off about 2/3 of her lashes on her left eye. It looked so strange and it took about two years for them to grow back and look normal again. I always check my curler now!
now that is scary!!!!This sort of thing is why i dont fancy using midivel like devices.

Originally Posted by pin_stripe i use a Revlon curler and it's wonderful, if you know how to use an eyelash curler correctly. works like a charm and it was only about eight bucks
biggrin.gif

i heard a good way to tell between a good curler and a crappy one is if you clamp it, and you can see spaces between the two sides, then it's a bad one.

thanks for the tip girl! i always wondered the differance!

Originally Posted by sugersoul i have a MAC eyelash curler that i have been using for 2-3 years.
i was just wondering, do u have to replace the rubber strip on it often? does it really matter?

plus

i heard Kevyn Aucoin and Shu Eumura eye lash curlers have a high rating on Allure's best of 2004 issue. what makes them so different? how can u defferenciate a good or bad eyelash curler?
confused.gif

i've been using the shiseido curler it gets closer to my lid than the shu's does. If you keep the pad clean i know they last a bit longer but yes i would replace it shu's and shi's come with replacement pads (i have both i just hardly ever use my shu curler)

This is the one I use. It's a heated curler from Talika that I bought at Sephora. I suck with eyelash curlers
icon_neutral.gif
- this is the only one I've had success with.

P52301_hero.jpg

i have a max factor and i had shu's and i compared both and they're the same. i'm not even kidding you. i got my cousin to use it and she LOVES it. i've never heard of anyone using MF's before, though. anyone use/try it?

it's just a pain trying to find refills, so i need to buy a new one every 6 months, but that's okay because it's $5 or so.

Originally Posted by Trisha i have one just like that, that i got from a drugstore for £3! its OK for the price! Im sure yours is good tho x Ouch! I paid $30 US
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Leadfoot This is the one I use. It's a heated curler from Talika that I bought at Sephora. I suck with eyelash curlers
icon_neutral.gif
- this is the only one I've had success with.

P52301_hero.jpg

looks so pretty!!
wink.gif

i always wanted to try it..but does it dry out ur lashes , or provoke it to fall out?

i am always paranoid about it because i am afraid that it would do to my eyelashes as to my straightening iron to my hair
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by sugersoul i always wanted to try it..but does it dry out ur lashes , or provoke it to fall out?

i am always paranoid about it because i am afraid that it would do to my eyelashes as to my straightening iron to my hair
icon_eek.gif

I use it pretty much every day and haven't had any issues.

Ooooh! Now I am lemming for it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Leadfoot I use it pretty much every day and haven't had any issues.

Back