Eye Makeup and Glasses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For any of you MUA's out there, or girls that wear glasses ... are there any special tips to bringing out my eyes more when I wear glasses? Or should I just do the same eye application techniques that everyone does?

I have small, deep-set eyes that don't stand out much without glasses, so the glasses just seem to hide them even more.
frown.gif
I even have some small wire frames, in a brushed gold / light brown color that blends well with my blonde hair and pale skin, so the frames don't stand out that much! (And I probably tried on 50 frames that day -- the salesperson and I agreed this was the best color!)

Thanks!

Originally Posted by girl_geek For any of you MUA's out there, or girls that wear glasses ... are there any special tips to bringing out my eyes more when I wear glasses? Or should I just do the same eye application techniques that everyone does?
I have small, deep-set eyes that don't stand out much without glasses, so the glasses just seem to hide them even more.
frown.gif
I even have some small wire frames, in a brushed gold / light brown color that blends well with my blonde hair and pale skin, so the frames don't stand out that much! (And I probably tried on 50 frames that day -- the salesperson and I agreed this was the best color!)

Thanks!

i don't wear glasses anymore when i go out, but my bf loves it when i wear them! (actually he encourages me to)

anyways the trick is in sculpting the eyebrow, cause the glasses really bring out the eyebrows
smile.gif
and then use browliner.

as for the rest, i put on brown/beige eyeshadow so it stands out more, and top it w/ liquid brown eyeliner.

i also have pale skin so it works well.

hope this helps.

remeber, the eyebrows!!

biggrin.gif

i totally agree with sugersoul on this one. when you wear glasses your brows must be ultra tight! i like to highlight under my brow with MAC Yogurt just to give it a little more pop. i keep everything else pretty neutral. i like the tans and browns in my shadows and liners. i had give up my contacts because working in close (arching brows for a living) was becoming a problem. right now i'm sporting some cute baby phat frames with rhinestones. i love them!

Originally Posted by girl_geek For any of you MUA's out there, or girls that wear glasses ... are there any special tips to bringing out my eyes more when I wear glasses? Or should I just do the same eye application techniques that everyone does?
frown.gif

Thanks!

Thanks girls! I already wear mostly lights and neutrals just because I think they look best with my skin and eye color ... however I do tend to slack on the eyebrow plucking so maybe I need to do a little better job with that
wink.gif

As I've mentioned on this site before, I can't wear contacts anymore so I'm stuck with glasses.
frown.gif
I got used to wearing contacts and now I just don't think I look as good with glasses ... however my hubby likes my glasses, but I think it's just because he's used to seeing me in them! (He didn't know me when I wore contacts!)

the only drawback to wearing glasses for me now is that when i take them off and i'm not paying attention to where i put them, i can't see to find them when i need them again!

Originally Posted by sugersoul i don't wear glasses anymore when i go out, but my bf loves it when i wear them! (actually he encourages me to)

anyways the trick is in sculpting the eyebrow, cause the glasses really bring out the eyebrows
smile.gif
and then use browliner.

as for the rest, i put on brown/beige eyeshadow so it stands out more, and top it w/ liquid brown eyeliner.

i also have pale skin so it works well.

hope this helps.

remeber, the eyebrows!!

biggrin.gif
I agree withsugar soul on this one,brows are key,also you might want to try white eyeliner in the inner rims of your eyes to make them appear more open and bigger.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by monniej the only drawback to wearing glasses for me now is that when i take them off and i'm not paying attention to where i put them, i can't see to find them when i need them again! lol! Fortunately my eyes aren't *that* bad yet ... but my prescription did jump from a 2.50 to a 3.00 this year
icon_eek.gif
so in a couple of years I might be that way!

I have big thick 50's style black framed glasses. When I wear them I don't do much eye makeup. Absolutely no dark colors for me or it looks like I have big raccoon eyes with my big thick glasses. I usually go for one bright pastel or reflective metallic color eye shadow, just on the lid to help brighten my eyes a bit. Nothing fancy, no shading, blending, or eyeliner. Sometimes mascara but generally not. I tend to play up my lips more when I wear my glasses.

Originally Posted by Trisha Yes eye brows are important as Sugarsoul says, but i find when i wear my glasses, whatever i wear isnt as noticeable with the glasses on, its just the way it is, IMO people will always see the glasses first then your eyes unless you are wearing a bright colour.
i try to stick to light/medium colours to open the eye up when im wearing my glasses!

Sugarsoul, my boyf loves my glasses too, weird! x

hahah i think the reason why all our bf's like us wearing glasses is cuz the "sexy-secretary" look i suppose
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back