eye makeup ideas/suggestions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great info. I swear the older I get the more my liner shifts and gets smudged looking, and not in a good way. I actually just got in my order from pur minerals for my loose powder and compact powder and I ordered the charcoal powder and have been using that as my liner. Still trying to master applying but I like the way it goes on and seems to stay pretty good. I like the smokey eye look and it seems to work well for that.

Originally Posted by wongy74 I agree... they don't budge at all. The Fluidlines are a great product at a low price IMO.
I personally don't do anything to my lower lashes or lids most of the time. Too lazy...
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You got me on the earlier ones! But yeah, I think we are splitting some brain cells here! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I think its because we share the same obsession over MAC & fluidlines.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Great info. I swear the older I get the more my liner shifts and gets smudged looking, and not in a good way. I actually just got in my order from pur minerals for my loose powder and compact powder and I ordered the charcoal powder and have been using that as my liner. Still trying to master applying but I like the way it goes on and seems to stay pretty good. I like the smokey eye look and it seems to work well for that. Here's my eye from today's FOTD.... I put the liner on at about 7am... this was taken during lunch at 1pm.... as you can tell - even on the inner rim.. it's STILL THERE! LOL
tongue.gif

I put mascara on my bottom lashes.

I apply makeup to my lower lid by using either a liner,or a eyeshadow, depends on my mood that day.

Originally Posted by Trisha For a makeup lesson/makeover, I suggest you go to a dept store, and look round all the counters/brands you like, and pick an MA with a MU style you like!

Trisha xxx

Great idea! I like watching the mac SA's give makeovers... I feel stupid just standing there staring at them like it's the first time I've ever seen MU - lol But it's very interesting to see each person's differnce in technique.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi, is that blacktrack on your inner rim?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Here's my eye from today's FOTD.... I put the liner on at about 7am... this was taken during lunch at 1pm.... as you can tell - even on the inner rim.. it's STILL THERE! LOL
tongue.gif

ahhhhh when I clicked on that eye, it was HUGE! lol
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Here's my eye from today's FOTD.... I put the liner on at about 7am... this was taken during lunch at 1pm.... as you can tell - even on the inner rim.. it's STILL THERE! LOL
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by lola Hi, is that blacktrack on your inner rim? Yup.. it's blacktrack!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) ahhhhh when I clicked on that eye, it was HUGE! lol
icon_cool.gif
All the better to see you with, my dear!! LOL
Great, so you saw all my 'need to be plucked' brow hairs at super magnification... LOVELY!
icon_redface.gif

Hiding now! LOL

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Here's my eye from today's FOTD.... I put the liner on at about 7am... this was taken during lunch at 1pm.... as you can tell - even on the inner rim.. it's STILL THERE! LOL
tongue.gif
Looks awesome!
36_1_61.gif

Originally Posted by Mariposa Looks awesome!
36_1_61.gif

Thanks doll!
smile.gif
And yes.. the girl who waxed em' apparently missed a few (hundred) hairs! LOL
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lola here's a couple of questions for you guys...
how many of you put mascara on your bottom lashes?

how do you apply makeup to the lower lid? liner/eyeshadow/nothing...

What do you recommend for the lower lid for an everyday look. My eyes are so big, that if I'm not careful with the way I apply my makeup they can look bug eyed or harsh yet if I don't apply anything to the lower lid I think I look too blah!!

So any suggestions?

If I wear mascara, I always put it on my lower lashes. For awhile, I tried just doing it on the top lashes, but it just made my eyes look heavy and tired. Like Janelle, I need the balance that comes from having lower lashes that are defined - for me, I think it has something to do with having dark hair & eyes with light skin.
For everyday, I don't wear anything but mascara on the lower lid. For special occasions or when I feel like it, I'll wear eyeliner on the outer 1/2 or 1/3 on the lashline. Sometimes, I'll also smudge eyeshadow all along my lower lashline, and then use eyeliner like I said before. I really like that look! I also usually line my inner rims if I bother lining my lower lashline. I usually use a budgeproof liner, but now I'm going to have to try the MAC Fluidlines or Stila Smudgepots on my inner rims! I can't believe how good yours looks after 6 hours, Janelle!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I can't believe how good yours looks after 6 hours, Janelle! Thanks! Yeah it actually stayed like that until 10pm... and probably would've stayed longer - if I hadn't washed it off!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by trisha Janelle you look fine, dont worry! x Thanks hun!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back