Eye primer or base?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What works better before applying eyeshadow?

A face primer used on eyelids or a eyeshadow base..?

I spoke to a sales lady and tells me that its not whether or not the product works but if you have oily eyelids and sometimes depending on the shape of your eyelids..it'll crease regardless...

needless to say...she then tried to sell me a eyeshadow base..tsk..whatever

..silly lady..

anyway..i would like to know what works better

Tah Muchly!

For anyone who is not familiar with the acronym:

UDPP = Urban Decay Primer Potion

I had no clue... then I Googled it. And now I know!
biggrin.gif

hehe @ Nox, I didn't know either when I was a beginner MUT-er. But yeah, that stuff works really good!

You shouldn't use a face primer on your eye lids since it is not meant to work there. It would most likely crease and that it one of the things you are trying to avoid. I also suggest UDPP.

UDPP is the best eyeshadow primer I have bought. I agree with Marisol. A face primer is not meant for the eye lids, could be too oily.

Ahh..well that is probably one of the reasons why I have problem with creasing...Okay note to self...no face primer on eyelids...

Thanks!

i'd say eyeshadow base, as Marisol said, it's specifically made for the eye area, and UDPP is just awesome.

only thing is, i've never seen UDPP in oz. But it's interesting you say face primer on the eyelids could cause creasing.. I use napoleon autopilot primer all over my face, mixed with my foundation. It doesn't crease particularly that i've noticed.. but then I powder over it. maybe the powder and the fac that it's mixed with foundation makes a difference?

Hmm...I always use my face primer on my entire face including my eyelids. I'll have to stop doing that and see if my UDPP works (even) better.

mine always creases and I never knew...UDPP is at the top of the shopping list!

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is there a cheaper alternative to UDPP? I don't think so but make sure you get some plyers and take off the clear top, you'd be suprised how much is left when you think you've run out. You could also wait for the Sephora F&F sale in a few weeks and stock up.

well...anybody tries the filter - eye primer from smashbox ? I am using the primer for face as well ...love their products

I want to know too!

I saw those makeup artists on TV putting powder/foundation on eyelids, I tried the same but it doesn't work.

My eyelids are so oily - after about 9 hours shadows on my eyes look like cream.

I've never seen UDPP in stores...

Originally Posted by Rocksta /img/forum/go_quote.gif I want to know too!I saw those makeup artists on TV putting powder/foundation on eyelids, I tried the same but it doesn't work.

My eyelids are so oily - after about 9 hours shadows on my eyes look like cream.

I've never seen UDPP in stores...

I've only seen it in Sephora and Ulta...but you could probably get it online!

Hi,

I'm a fan of UDPP as well. Also, L'Oreal's e/s base "De-Crease" works very well.

UDPP is the only primer I use. But I can't wait to try MAC Paint Pots (I didn't like paints because I hated the tube packaging) and ArtDeco.

Latest posts

Back