Eye shadow base

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone use an eyeshadow base? I usually use Stila nude eyeshadow or MAC orb as a base, since they neutralize my eyelid color. Seems to make other colors look nicer, but doesn't really help eyeshadow stay on loner. Any use anything better?

I've just always used Revlon Colorstay Concealer...I love it...works perfectly for me when it comes to getting even color and great staying power.

just put a little cornstarch on before you apply your shadow and it really works. I read it in a beauty magazine a long time ago and had to try it. I was amazed at how well my eyeshadow stayed put.

I use MAC prep & prime on my lids. Works very well for me
smile.gif

Never leave home without it! Clinique's Touch Base is great. Alexandra de Markhoff's Disguise for Eyes is also (do they still make that line?) but expensive. Lots of concealors work well for me. Give the powder shadow something to grab onto.

That is so funny, I was going to start a new thread about this. I bought the UDPP as soon as I joined MUT due to incredible reviews. I like it but I don't know if I'm crazy about it. Yes my eyeshadow looks richer with it on and lasts longer however due to the fact that it dries to a matte finish I don't feel that shadows adhere to it as much as I wouldl like.

I have oily, hooded lids which are always a problem for both creasing of eyeshadows and transferring of eyeliner on my upper lashline.

I think I may have to check one of these suggestions out.

Is there anyone that has already replied that has oily and/or hooded lids?

Thanks,

Marilyn

last weekend i tried merle Norman Automatic Shadow Base, my shawdow stayed on, I also have uban decay shawdow base but if it can be a little too much at times as it does not allow me to blend well if you use a little to much...

Originally Posted by missjeffrey I use a MAC CCB, or a MAC Paint. HTH i use CCB on top of paint, works great.

i can recommend ultima II crease not fade not too, i got as a gift from a sale from liz, i liked it alot! also of course udpp and now i discovered using mac paint, shadesticks and/or ccb!!!! if you dont want to spend too much you can also use revlons creme eyeshadow palettes "the nudes" work great!

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo Does anyone use an eyeshadow base? I usually use Stila nude eyeshadow or MAC orb as a base, since they neutralize my eyelid color. Seems to make other colors look nicer, but doesn't really help eyeshadow stay on loner. Any use anything better? It sounds like you need UDPP.
smile.gif
I have it and love it. However I am planning on trying Leila's "secret" combination (LOL) of MAC pain and cream color base.

I only use UDPP and have never been happier with my e/s. They literally stay on all day.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo Does anyone use an eyeshadow base? I usually use Stila nude eyeshadow or MAC orb as a base, since they neutralize my eyelid color. Seems to make other colors look nicer, but doesn't really help eyeshadow stay on loner. Any use anything better? Hey, sweetness! You're referring to an actual base eye shadow, right, not e/s primer (i.e., UDPP, etc.)? I'm just curious. If so, I know quite a few girls that use Bobbi Brown Bone Eye Shadow (in both matte and shimmer) and Laura Mercier's Eye Basics in Linen. (Both of the aforementioned just so happen to be on my shopping list.)
I love UDPP, too, though!

wink.gif

Latest posts

Back